Thailand’s Tourism Authority aims to attract 10 million foreign tourists in 2022, with India as a leading focus

webfact

30 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

Kill all the restrictions (including the insurance) and watch them roll in.

Even then I don't think Thailand will get the desired numbers they desperately craved for.

As mentioned before,  Thailand's tourism was taking a hit before covid.  It isn't a cheap destination as it once was. Perhaps the 2 week millionaires will continue??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BayArea said:

Even then I don't think Thailand will get the desired numbers they desperately craved for.

As mentioned before,  Thailand's tourism was taking a hit before covid.  It isn't a cheap destination as it once was. Perhaps the 2 week millionaires will continue??

Nearly 40 million tourists in 2019, pre-covid.  'As mentioned before', of the countries tracked, only Singapore and Australia had slightly fewer tourist numbers, pre-covid.  All the other countries were up--some slightly and some, such as China and India, up a lot.  The only down year for tourist numbers, tracking since 2010, was 2014, the year of the coup. 

• Like 1

Well, if the semi-divine Khon Thai learns to be nice and neutral to darker skinned people, learn some English and shaking heads from left to right does not mean NO all over the planet - then it's a go. 

But I am afraid, that it will fail on the first criteria already ..... the second criteria takes another 1 ½ to 2 generations to overcome and the third criteria is education above the Somtam horizon ......... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1