Thai Air Force F16 jet crashes while on training flight, pilot safely ejects

snoop1130

Just now, Pib said:

Thailand only has around 50 F-16's....so the crash reduced their F-16 fleet by 2%.   

I believe it is the second one to crash in the past few weeks if my memory is correct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I believe it is the second one to crash in the past few weeks if my memory is correct

The RTAF F-5 crashed in Dec 2021.    Now a Taiwan F-16 did crash in Jan 2022.  

List of military acft crashes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_military_aircraft_(2020–present)#January_3

Edited by Pib

So, let me get this right, all the enemy has to do is wave a bunch of birds into the sky and Thailand's Air Force is obsolete ? I'd like to think my purchase would do more.

Last December, one F-5 fighter jet, of the 211st Air Wing, crashed while on a weapons training exercise in Chai Badan district of Lop Buri. It is believed that the crash was caused by a bird strike, later identified as an open-billed stork.

Edited by RichardColeman

I see those jets flying over our house like daredevils a few times a week.

They fly them the way many Thais drive.

The life expectancy of jets, or pretty much anything here is shortened by the bad treatment they get.

That was an expensive crash!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

... yes, something was 'going down' not too long ago, don't remember any details though ... also it feels like they're finishing like 1 whirlybird per halfyear, statistically speaking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So, let me get this right, all the enemy has to do is wave a bunch of birds into the sky and Thailand's Air Force is obsolete ? I'd like to think my purchase would do more.

Last December, one F-5 fighter jet, of the 211st Air Wing, crashed while on a weapons training exercise in Chai Badan district of Lop Buri. It is believed that the crash was caused by a bird strike, later identified as an open-billed stork.

Further investigation by the TVAIB (Thai Visa Air Investigation Branch) has concluded that the bird concerned was, in fact, an alien manufactured stealth drone operated by disruptive factions of a well known terrorist organisation.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

And then there was the Saab Gripen they crashed at an air show in Hat Yai.

"I have seen the Red Arrows and Blue Angels on Youtube.  I've got this."

Yep; brand new one being 'shown off' by 'Expert' Thai Pilot !