Thailand to donate 2 million Thai baht for humanitarian aid in Ukraine

webfact

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Well done MoFA, a kind gesture. I can't believe some are complaining it isn't enough. 

I only hope it gets to the people, Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, even more than Thailand. 

And Russia nor Thailand are even more corrupt...better think again....the whole world is full of corruption, mismanagement and so on.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

And Russia nor Thailand are even more corrupt...better think again....the whole world is full of corruption, mismanagement and so on.....

No, as I said, Ukraine is more corrupt than Thailand, check the corruption charts. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Serious CHEEP CHALES.

Look at how much aid the Ukraine gave Thailand in the 2004 tsunami. 

There is a Thai saying, "gam sa nong gam" meaning what goes around comes around. 

There's an English one, beggars can't be choosers.. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Bit rough, Neeranam, ordinary Ukrainians can’t be blamed for their oft suspect leadership. 
Fair play Thailand. Every bit helps. 

Interesting point given that so many on these forums have blamed ordinary Russians for the actions of their autocratic, authoritarian, imperially expansionist leader. 

Putin is undoubtedly a war criminal but does that mean ordinary Russians are to blame for his actions? 

From pussy riot to  anyone daring stand against him in an election or protest any decision or show any form of dissent has been crushed under putin’s regime. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Mixing up Russian autocrat and that of its vassal state of Belarus.
  • Like 2

Govt Donates 2 Million Baht for Humanitarian Assistance in Ukraine

by Krajangwit Johjit

62e5aae5a975238614ba02d7e8df06ee_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has approved a budget of 2 million baht for humanitarian assistance in Ukraine as a result of the ongoing violence in the country, which continues to cause death, injuries, and infrastructure damage.

The Thai government has so far repatriated 230 of the 256 Thais living and working in Ukraine.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Thani Saengrat told reporters the fund was approved following a recent request by Ukrainian Embassy in Thailand for humanitarian aid.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

He said the cash will be distributed to those in need of assistance in the afflicted areas through the Ukrainian Red Cross and other international organizations and for the Royal Thai Embassy in Warsaw, Poland to buy additional supplies and necessities.

The spokesperson stated that this is the second time Thailand has provided humanitarian assistance to Ukraine. In 2019, the country donated 1 million baht in aid and medical assistance to displaced residents in eastern Ukraine.

Thai citizens in Ukraine seeking assistance are advised to contact the Thai Consulate in Warsaw at +48-696-642-348 or send an email to [email protected].

Information and Source

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-03-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Putin is undoubtedly a war criminal but does that mean ordinary Russians are to blame for his actions

What about all the other warlords, the oligarchs.

Do you reckon it was Putin himself that poisoned all those that live abroad, the radioactive poisonings etc, he's got a lot of helpers willing to do his dirty work. 

I'm hearing some really bad stuff coming out of Ukraine, the Russian military, killing civilians for food etc., quite sad. 

Loads of bad eggs not just Putin. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What about all the other warlords, the oligarchs.

Do you reckon it was Putin himself that poisoned all those that live abroad, the radioactive poisonings etc, he's got a lot of helpers willing to do his dirty work. 

I'm hearing some really bad stuff coming out of Ukraine, the Russian military, killing civilians for food etc., quite sad. 

Loads of bad eggs not just Putin. 

Did you read where I said ''ordinary Russians''?

Or even where I noted what happens to those who do show dissent?

Or possibly take heed that the post I quoted was, quite rightly, saying ordinary Ukrainians cannot be blamed for the actions of Ukraine's own elite?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thailand to donate 2 million Thai baht for humanitarian aid in Ukraine

That's less than a General's watch, or his man-bag. But, then again Generals are not humanitarians, generally...

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 2