has your life been what you wanted

ivor bigun

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What part? Palawan? Cebu?

Palawan is beautiful, but if you get island sick, not to recommend. Cebu is a better alternative for living and Palawan for holiday. I would travel around a few months in the beginning if first time visiting Philippines.

If I go back now, I would give Dumaguete a longer try.

Yes you were lucky weren't you.....

"luckily my family were not very short of money although by no means wealthy, I went to a private school for many years and then to a grammar school, had a good job" 

At my school (state), it was considered an achievement if you stayed on past 15 years old! We lived in a council flat in a big old Victorian house where we shared the toilet and bathroom with two other families.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Growing up relatively poor and having made the decision to move to SE Asia (without knowing why aside the weather) at age 16, to then have done that by the age of 20 and now living here for a decade, can't complain. 

That must be some work permit you have there then?

When I look back on all the mistakes I’ve made, there’s none that I would not make again, given what I knew then.

There’s no point wishing - I’m not David Watts, and I was never willing to do the effort required to be him.