How are Russians avoiding sanctions in Thailand?

Pravda

39 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

Not sure how much they are affected in Thailand, but I’ve seen a remarkable increase in Russian women in my vicinity on Tinder. I can only guess that existing income streams have dried up. 

Not Ukranians, Russians only?.. 555

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Wonder how many oligarchs are moving yachts, jets, gold to thailand?

The russian tourists, assuming they stay past their shelf-life, will end up suffering.

The russian ex-pats? Who knows? Some might have local "income"? Others relying on their russian pension might have issues?

Pensions ... since the ruble has lost 50% of its value (so far) what's their pension worth out in the world?

• Haha 1

Many of the long stayers will have cashed out their Rubles many months ago, and placed their assets in Gold and Dollars.

Its easy for them to open a Bank Account and have transfers made before the Invasion even started. Many even have " Business's " in Thailand

For those on a Holiday, they will be "Facilitated " by their fellow Countrymen at high rates of Interest.

23 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Not sure how much they are affected in Thailand, but I’ve seen a remarkable increase in Russian women in my vicinity on Tinder. I can only guess that existing income streams have dried up. 

not deen them on tinder but boat loads of fresh russian women around jomtien the last couple of weeks .. not so many blokes tho

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

not deen them on tinder but boat loads of fresh russian women around jomtien the last couple of weeks .. not so many blokes tho

Might be they moved from exspensive Phuket and Samui to lesser exspensive Pattaya to strech the pocket money last longer...?

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Dating (long or short time!) Russian women .... no Thanks! All that botox n lip (and other places) filler <deleted> they pump into themselves, gross amounts of makeup, bleached hair with black roots, dressing like hookers 24/7 .../ yuck!

why did you explored "alternate" lips? ????

11 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Dating (long or short time!) Russian women .... no Thanks! All that botox n lip (and other places) filler <deleted> they pump into themselves, gross amounts of makeup, bleached hair with black roots, dressing like hookers 24/7 .../ yuck!

maybe they were hookers?

why and how not hooker would want and afford all those

19 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Sounds like my kinda gal! ???? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pravda said:

Wow....it sure does look like these sanctions are working. 

IMG_20220317_091518.jpg

The sanctions are selective. This movement was caused by a slight relaxation that allowed external russia's FX reserves to be used for a bond payment that came due. A large portion of the reserves are in Western banks, and initially these funds were frozen. That freeze drove the ruble down. When Western govt agreed to allow the external reserves to be used to service russian debt---in payments due to Western institutions---the rubble was suddenly 'backed' again by several hundred billion dollars of hard currency.

This morning it's back to about 103 per dollar.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 8:10 AM, Tropposurfer said:

A piece of tail for a night or two should not matter, if all one wants to do is enjoy an in between the sheets <deleted>

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

The sanctions are selective. This movement was caused by a slight relaxation that allowed external russia's FX reserves to be used for a bond payment that came due. A large portion of the reserves are in Western banks, and initially these funds were frozen. That freeze drove the ruble down. When Western govt agreed to allow the external reserves to be used to service russian debt---in payments due to Western institutions---the rubble was suddenly 'backed' again by several hundred billion dollars of hard currency.

This morning it's back to about 103 per dollar.

I appreciate the info

• Like 1

Russian mom with her teenage daughter in a Baht-bus at Beach road, Pattaya.

Slow traffic and a speedboat pilot ask them "want to go Island? only 600 Baht"

Daughter answered "Ok deal! We wanted to go to Phuket anyway".

The guy became an instant statue ... LMAO 

On 3/17/2022 at 9:16 AM, Pravda said:

Wow....it sure does look like these sanctions are working. 

IMG_20220317_091518.jpg

The graph shows strengthening of the Rouble.

A week ago, you needed 139 Roubles to buy one dollar. Now you only need 96.5 Roubles to buy a dollar.

I think the -29.712% refers to the dollar, not the Rouble.

• Haha 1

With all respect and supporting ukraine,

I also noticed lot of russian ladies on tiktok or tinder. And they are posting stupid things so you will see their post more often. And it started to be annoying.

But i also know they work in bars in pattaya or in sukhimvit area. We all know. So most of them are not runners from the war. They were already here. 

You cannot imagine how much japan men are paying for russian ladies. Some pays more than 10k just for a night. And believe me russian ladies know better than thais when it comes to suck your blood

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, Pravda said:

Interesting....

On 3/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, Pravda said:

Interesting....

It's a franchise that isn't listening to corporate.  In the end they will run out of supplies and ironically I believe will make better burgers.