Would you still want to visit Thailand with these new entry rules?

webfact

20 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

The rules for now and for 1 st of April can change every day in Thailand. That makes it difficult to plan a trip, because you neer know what will happen and it can you cost you dearly.. Other countries have clear rules which doesn't change by the day and are cheaper to visit. Thailand is expensive with the THB now.

This essentially. It's hard to disagree with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

People keep talking about travel restrictions, vaccines, Thailand Pass, Test & Go, etc without ever addressing the big elephant in the room: The THB value/exchange for other fiat currencies.

Maybe because nobody but you cares about that?  I still find the exchange rate acceptable.  It hasn't changed that much.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, NanaSomchai said:

Okay go tell that to the missing millions of tourists then (and the potential investors).

You have all the evidence you need, your theory does not fit the facts.  People are complaining not about exchange rates, but covid rules.  I don't give a <deleted> about investors.  Off topic.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

You have all the evidence you need, your theory does not fit the facts.  People are complaining not about exchange rates, but covid rules.  I don't give a <deleted> about investors.  Off topic.  

Okay boss. Interesting profile picture by the way. I think we are done.

• Haha 1

New info obtained through my daughter the Nurse Practitioner in the US is that after being infected the CDC is saying that after 5 days you can clear isolation and should still wear a mask for the next 5 or until all symptoms have stopped.  Additionally, folks are still testing positive for weeks if not months after having Covid.  Even though double vaccinated and then boosted as well as having Covid, like I myself do now, the chances of them testing positive on arrival and being forced into a facility of some type is a deal breaker for many of the people I knw from the US.  No, they will not have a doctors certificate saying they had covid because many of them, though they may have reported it, never saw a doctor and just isolated at home until they cleared the symptoms.  Many countries have opened up completely, Thailand on the other hand will not see the resurgence of travelers until they do as nobody wants to be caught with a positive test on arrival who has had Covid.  This will definitely be something I have to look at should I decide to travel back to the US and then return home here.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

How do they treat people who were last vaccinated 12 months ago? I definitely recall a restriction stating that the most recent vaccination dose should be inside the previous 90 days or something like that. As more time passes this becomes far from realistic for people under the age of 75.

How about people who haven't been vaccinated and remain uninfected (as far as they know) or the recovered, regardless of whether they've been vaccinated or not?

In short : No. If I wasn't here already, I certainly wouldn't be coming.

But I am here already, so I remain.

I know people who've been vaccinated multiple times and got Delta (medium rated cold) and Omicron (mild cold). They're over it - any restriction is a step too far for these people.

They've recovered multiple times and have literally had enough of dancing to the tune of the dunces in charge.

Im back in america. But im comsidering going back to visit my wife if money allows while waiting for her visa to come to me in the US. As the seperation has been affevting is a lot. Also helped us to realoze how much we mean to each other. Looking back now to when i left and everything been through since been back to the US. Not sure if do the same thing. Probably. But more then likely would have tried to do more before left to help with the seperation. And maybe try to see about what cheaper lawyer in bkk could help us with her visa to move to the US. She also told me today i think it was. That her family now wants her to move abroad as she will benthe first innthe family to get a university degree. So thar she can have a better life then in thailand. Key part i feel is the move abroad to make a better life. Nothing about using a forienger to do so. So doing so on her own. I think maybe partly why is because of all the health problems ive been having. So maybe like a back up plan incase my health mase if should i couldnt bring her here to me. So that she still ensures a good future for herself from her own hard work. Since more then likely wont see a reply if send 1. Take care and know that during this time that even with things in america much better now for freedom and precovid life. There is still no easy anawer or solution to where we should live right now. Stay strong. 

24 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Where is this mystery plane ( spoken of in this article) that people contract Covid on while on their flight to Thailand?  

Sure people who test positive upon arrival are said to have contracted Covid on a flight even after testing negative PCR prior to the flight. That's because their pre-flight PCR test was phony.

Phuket officials alarmed by number of tourists testing positive on arrival

February 4, 2022 

“False Covid-19 RT-PCR test results are assumed to have something to do with the sharp rise in the number of post-arrival positive tests among tourists. These problems are something beyond Phuket’s authority to deal with and help is needed from the CCSA’s operations centre.”

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-thailand/cv19-phuket/phuket-officials-alarmed-by-number-of-tourists-testing-positive-on-arrival

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 4:07 AM, ukrules said:

How do they treat people who were last vaccinated 12 months ago? I definitely recall a restriction stating that the most recent vaccination dose should be inside the previous 90 days or something like that. As more time passes this becomes far from realistic for people under the age of 75.

How about people who haven't been vaccinated and remain uninfected (as far as they know) or the recovered, regardless of whether they've been vaccinated or not?

In short : No. If I wasn't here already, I certainly wouldn't be coming.

But I am here already, so I remain.

I know people who've been vaccinated multiple times and got Delta (medium rated cold) and Omicron (mild cold). They're over it - any restriction is a step too far for these people.

They've recovered multiple times and have literally had enough of dancing to the tune of the dunces in charge.

Exactly, but Dunces doesn't quite go far enough. I LOVE Thailand/the people, so so much, but everyday the FAKE CLOWNS who make up these super dumb rules, make me despair for the welfare of the economy and by that I mean the mums and pops, the shops, restaurant owners etc. 

buying insurance/paying outrageous RIP OFF hotel bills is NOT the answer!

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

With 25% of Covid tests being positive in Thailand last month, I can't see how the restrictions will protect anyone.  Tourists are probably safer to be around than the locals.

True ^

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UKPaul67 said:

It is a game changer, for people thinking of going under those new rules. We all know the forced insurance will not cover asymmetric. So IMO people will not decide to go under those new rules.

The risk is much higher, and perhaps the rule change is they don't  make money of pre tests, and can catch more people out.

I have already booked and submitted  my thai pass, but I will take a PCR 72 hours before my flight and if positive then obviously not get on the plane. 

But I think thaipass will continue to flatline until they remove the hotel,insurance and testing for fully vaccinated people.

Would you happen to know what Thailand now class as fully vaccinated? Minimum of 2 jabs. Or 2 plus booster. 

• Like 1

The killer clause in Thai regs is all about you, even if you test repeatedly negative, being unlucky enough to be sitting on a plane near someone who tests positive. You are then liable for hundreds of thousands of baht in hotel/hospital fees.

I'm sure that some numbnut in the Government will see this as a source of cash and ensure that it becomes more widespread. 

I won't go abroad until all this type of quarantine is over or unless the trip is absolutely essential.

• Like 2

When I heard they were doing away with the PCR test I thought ok, makes sense, after all you need a test before you fly ... then I read that's the one they were getting rid of, the one in the start country, BEFORE you leave....  and I was like <deleted> ?    SO no, this doesn't make me change my mind.  Unfortunately I am in the middle of being about to buy a house, or I'd be in Siem Reap right now for a few months (I assume you can still get the standard/business or whatever visa its called these days) ?

• Like 1