Face Mask Rules?

Klonko

The rules are specific to individual venues. For example...no entry to MRT/BTS/Malls/Large Stores without a mask. No entry to airport without a mask. Walking around outside, nobody is going to hassle you or even care.

• Like 2

The local loonies walk around all the time without masks and no one says anything.  So just have a look on your face like you are crazy.

But really Thai people are more used to wearing masks normally.  Before it was either for pollution or because they were sick.

Of course as soon as you go to a restaurant everyone takes their masks off.

• Haha 1

Don't overthink it, just go with the flow.  Wear a mask when indoors except when eating/drinking, if outside and you want to go without, up to you but you'll get looked at like "Oh here comes one of those types".

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Klonko said:

Where can I find accurate information?

Here? In thailand? Good one.

Situational awareness.

Look around, if most thai people are wearing masks, wear a mask. If they're not, feel free to go maskless.

Health minister admonishing foreigners for not accepting masks....

NINTCHDBPICT000560771960.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, sikishrory said:

The last thing that makes sense is wearing a mask while riding a motorbike but i got shaken down by the you know who for a few thousand baht for having my mask under my chin a few weeks ago. I suggest that having one on while riding a motorbike is the MOST important place to wear a mask now . There are no roadblocks and fines on sidewalks

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Unfortunately, there have been a number of contradictory announcements recently... So, no one, not even the police are now certain what the rules are !!

On February 1st 2022, we have an announcement from Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reminding everyone there are fines in place for those who do not wear a mask in public

On February 3rd, 2022, we have an announcement from Thailand’s Public Health Minister (Anutin, who is also Dept. PM) confirming that there are no laws forcing people to wear face masks.

Welcome to Thailand !!!!! 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40011820

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailands-mask-mandate-still-in-place-violators-face-fines-up-to-20000-baht-ccsa

And then on February 4 this same Health Minister had to admit that he was not notified (which means that this idiot stuffed up again) by the CCSA of the result of  a meeting which took place and the results of that meeting was published in the Royal Gazette in June 2021 which states that "face masks are required to be worn in public". First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht and the fines could go up to 20.000 baht with repeat offenders. This mandatory rule is still in force in the Royal Gazette and has never been rescinded, so it is still in force. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-news-today-is-wearing-face-masks-in-thailand-mandatory

On 3/28/2022 at 7:13 AM, Klonko said:

What are the current rules in Thailand for wearing face masks?

Very simple, in general wear mask at all times outside your home/room, except when sitting down to eat or drink, or when swimming.

Some provinces might have local exclusions, for example Phuket when doing exercise.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:46 AM, tonray said:

The rules are specific to individual venues. For example...no entry to MRT/BTS/Malls/Large Stores without a mask. No entry to airport without a mask. Walking around outside, nobody is going to hassle you or even care.

Anutin begs to differ ????

Edited by Speedhump

22 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I think just following international local custom is warranted. Here in Thailand (actually prevalent throughout many Asian countries) a facemark is used by most.

International local ????

OK, I do know what you meant. 

23 hours ago, DRD123 said:

The last thing that makes sense is wearing a mask while riding a motorbike but i got shaken down by the you know who for a few thousand baht for having my mask under my chin a few weeks ago. I suggest that having one on while riding a motorbike is the MOST important place to wear a mask now . There are no roadblocks and fines on sidewalks

A FEW THOUSAND? Exaggeration surely, or you had offended multiple times already, or you're more gullible than most. 

23 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

A while back, this very forum reported two news articles immediately next to each other.

1. Anutin announced no legal need to wear a mask in public.

2. BiB announced increased crackdown and fines for those caught not wearing masks in public.

T.I.T.S. - You'll never get a straight answer on this issue.

Anutin admitted he misspoke (nobody told me!). The law is in place. ????

11 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

International local ????

OK, I do know what you meant. 

Yes, thanks, I should have said clearer perhaps saying … following the local custom when dealing with international travel …

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 11:24 AM, Russell17au said:

And then on February 4 this same Health Minister had to admit that he was not notified (which means that this idiot stuffed up again) by the CCSA of the result of  a meeting which took place and the results of that meeting was published in the Royal Gazette in June 2021 which states that "face masks are required to be worn in public". First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht and the fines could go up to 20.000 baht with repeat offenders. This mandatory rule is still in force in the Royal Gazette and has never been rescinded, so it is still in force. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-news-today-is-wearing-face-masks-in-thailand-mandatory

but weeks and weeks ago ANUTIN.....stated that there IS NO LAW !!!!!

Follow the majority stance, so observe carefully and carry mask in the pocket, on the neck or on chin. 

No matter what the law says, there might be local exceptions and people will have their own rules. 

Even when you are near a sick person you can swiftly react to protect against whatever pathogens they might carry. 

personally i would avoid enclosed eateries. There are many options to eat at open spaces. 

i think masks will stay in thailand for many years, which is fine with me. Many thai have chronic breathing infections from drinking ice cold water and using aircon on max settings. And ignoring seeing doctors

3 hours ago, blackshadow said:

but weeks and weeks ago ANUTIN.....stated that there IS NO LAW !!!!!

The rules linked to a state of emergency take precedent of the countries laws.

Do you know what it takes to pass a law? It takes weeks for the parliament to sit and argue the pro's and con's and then it goes to a vote and if passed it then goes to the King for approval and if he agrees with it then it is gazetted in the Royal Gazette which makes it law and then the same procedure is followed to rescind that law. So Anutin is correct that there is "NO LAW" but under the state of emergency there are rules put into place that are the same as laws but when the state of emergency finishes so do those rules and the current state of emergency is not controlled by Anutin it is controlled by the CCSA and the meetings are chaired by the PM Prayut not Anutin who does not even attend these meetings so it is typical running off at the mouth again Anutin and this is not the first time he has spouted off at the mouth which causes a lot of confusion.

Edited by Russell17au

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The rules linked to a state of emergency take precedent of the countries laws.

Do you know what it takes to pass a law? It takes weeks for the parliament to sit and argue the pro's and con's and then it goes to a vote and if passed it then goes to the King for approval and if he agrees with it then it is gazetted in the Royal Gazette which makes it law and then the same procedure is followed to rescind that law. So Anutin is correct that there is "NO LAW" but under the state of emergency there are rules put into place that are the same as laws but when the state of emergency finishes so do those rules and the current state of emergency is not controlled by Anutin it is controlled by the CCSA and the meetings are chaired by the PM Prayut not Anutin who does not even attend these meetings so it is typical running off at the mouth again Anutin and this is not the first time he has spouted off at the mouth which causes a lot of confusion.

thanks for sending me a BOOK to read !!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Anutin begs to differ ????

Anutin said there was no law requiring the wearing of masks and he may well have been right for all I know.

However, aside from laws there are Ministerial Orders and other orders and regulations issued by government agencies under the authority of laws and decrees. Somewhere there, we will no doubt find something about mask wearing  requirements.

9 hours ago, Puccini said:

Anutin said there was no law requiring the wearing of masks and he may well have been right for all I know.

However, aside from laws there are Ministerial Orders and other orders and regulations issued by government agencies under the authority of laws and decrees. Somewhere there, we will no doubt find something about mask wearing  requirements.

It has already been noted here by others that he apologised the next day for being incorrect because he had not berm informed. I was just making a joke.