Fourteen women file sexual abuse complaints against ex-Democrat Prinn

webfact

Thai-PBS-World-logo-98.jpg

To date, fourteen alleged victims of sexual abuse have lodged complaints with Lumpini police against former Democrat party deputy leader Prinn Panitchpakdi, in Thailand’s most high-profile “Me Too” case so far.

Seven of the complaints were filed yesterday (Monday) alone.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

According to the police, all 14 women insist that they did not know each other previously but, after being allegedly sexually abused, they felt dehumanised until they decided to come forward to the police.

Most of the alleged sexual abuse took place in recent years, with one case, a 43-year-old woman, alleging that she was assaulted by Prinn about 15 years ago, while they were both working in the same building in Bangkok.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/fourteen-women-file-sexual-abuse-complaints-against-ex-democrat-prinn/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe a set up to remove a MP for the next elections... 14 new women with a case now?? Why did they not come earlier with their accusations??

"..................with one case, a 43-year-old woman, alleging that she was assaulted by Prinn about 15 years ago".

Does indeed look like a "jumping on the band wagon" scenario!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Denim said:

Clearly fourteen misunderstandings.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

with one case, a 43-year-old woman, alleging that she was assaulted by Prinn about 15 years ago, while they were both working in the same building in Bangkok

Lodged complaints after 15 years? Ridiculous!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

she was assaulted by Prinn about 15 years ago, while they were both working in the same building in Bangkok

Imagine she would have reported that 15 years ago. And maybe he would have been removed from his position. And maybe his bad behavior would have been in the news. And because of all that then maybe lots of other women wouldn't have gone through the same assault.

I wonder if women who wait many years with their reports ever think about how many others they could have saved if they would have reported the assault when it happened.

And sure, if all that happened then he is a bad guy and he should go to jail and he is/was responsible for his actions. But imagine he would have gone to jail 10 years ago...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, farangroby said:

Lodged complaints after 15 years? Ridiculous!

Ridiculous?? Don't you read news? There was this woman living in Australia now, ( who just settled out of court) there was this comedian cum actor, there was this actor and and and... what is so ridiculous??

Warmest

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Do you honestly think that this women thought that others could be involved, they seldom do think this, they think they are the only victim until they find out there are more and then they unite.

I would imagine it would be quite traumatic for any of these women to come forward with these accusations as they were violated, naturally as a male, we couldn't fathom what they are going through, and all we can do is support them until justice is reached, if ever here in the LOS as we know money talks and that is probably why she didn't report it back 15 years ago, as others have mentioned, his father is/was a powerful figure.

For all those with the jokes about this, get a life, no, seriously, get a life.

It's difficult to try to think like a bad guy - at least for me it is.

But we all learn from experience in any aspect of our lives. I.e. if I drive too fast and I have to pay a fine then I think again if I do that again. If I drive too fast all the time and nobody cares then likely I won't change my behavior.

If a guy assaults a woman and he gets away with that then maybe he is disgusted with himself and decides he will never do that again. Or maybe he learns that nothing happens and he does it again, and again.

It's naive to think that a powerful guy does this one time and never again.

I understand that it is not easy for a woman to step forward and accuse a guy of assault or rape.

But then, if these women decided years ago that they don't want to face the public why do they do it now?

And if there is no proof what do they expect will come out of it now, years later?

And if there is proof why didn't they report it earlier?

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:
10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder if women who wait many years with their reports ever think about how many others they could have saved if they would have reported the assault when it happened.

Mansplaing to sexual assault survivors on how they should behave…classy. 

Your a women, wouldn't you like it if the men who assault and rape women are exposed and hopefully prosecuted and jailed?

Now how does it happen that bad guys get arrested and jailed? Does it happen because victims and witnesses go to the police? Or does it just happen without anybody coming forward?

It seems someone has to explain this to you. If nobody comes forward and complains then nobody gets prosecuted and possibly jailed. And if they don't get exposed and jailed then the bad guys do bad things again and again, maybe for many years. And then there are more and more and more victims.

So what is the best way that there are no more victims? Lock up the bad guys or execute them. But how can that ever happen if nobody complains?

A criminal can only get away with his crimes if nobody complains - maybe for 15 years.

Now you can try to womensplain to those assault survivors why that guy did it apparently again and again and why he was not in jail. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But then, if these women decided years ago that they don't want to face the public why do they do it now?

Oy vey.

56 minutes ago, mikebell said:

15 years ago RTP would have laughed off the allegation and hidden it.

True that.

At this rate Prinn will get traded to the Cleveland Browns.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine she would have reported that 15 years ago. And maybe he would have been removed from his position. And maybe his bad behavior would have been in the news. And because of all that then maybe lots of other women wouldn't have gone through the same assault.

And sure, if all that happened then he is a bad guy and he should go to jail and he is/was responsible for his actions. But imagine he would have gone to jail 10 years ago...

You live here long enough to know what would have happened to that woman 15 years ago if she would have attacked (made a complaint) a powerful and protected man. And yes the future forward is probably involved to protect these woman to clean up part of THai politics. 80 % of these so called elected people belong in jail anyway.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

15 years ago RTP would have laughed off the allegation and hidden it.

How do you know?

I don't say you are wrong, but I also don't know if you are right. There are often lots of assumptions what might have happened.

Fact is if many women would have complained earlier then probably there would be fewer victims. 

• Confused 1