Former PM Yingluck Shinawatra issued another arrest warrant

webfact

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Yingluck did not attend the hearing, but she was represented by her lawyer

Doh! Why wouldn't she attend? Surely Yingluck has access to sufficient funds (or private jet) to travel. Could there be another reason? At least the other 5 co-defendants showed up. Will be interesting to see how the case progresses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should forget about her. It's her "pee chai" they should be hunting down. Of course Thailand is not actually doing anything...just more bloviating. Both corrupt and criminal fugitive siblings were allowed to escape from the inside. Typically Thailand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

This is why THailand can't move forward... a case of almost 10 years ago is now an arret warrent issued for...I am wondering if this Government is gone how many years it will take to do the same for the mistakes they made now?? 

I dunno, I can see during a war in Europe, a forthcoming financial crash, cost of living crisis and further pandemic nutcasery, Labour in the UK whittling on for another 20 years about a house party !

The thai "judicial" system is corrupt at it's very foundation. It was built that way for a reason.

The timing of these indictments is also curious, or maybe not.

But even the ardent dinosaurs recognize the silliness and pettiness of these cases. And they only raise the Shinawatra name and profile.

I guess these serve two purposes: 

Discourage other people from becoming involved in populist politics.

Build up a backlog of cases which cannot be expunged by a future non-Army government.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I dunno, I can see during a war in Europe, a forthcoming financial crash, cost of living crisis and further pandemic nutcasery, Labour in the UK whittling on for another 20 years about a house party !

Recession. Ironic case in Thailand. We all know stuff.

3 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Well, when you are too dumb to run the country the only thing that's left is to destroy any potential opposition. Kill, lock up, slander, etc...  And it has been gathering momentum for the last few months, hasn't?

Yep and not to forget the sheer hypocrisy of it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

She was deposed in a coup, in itself an unlawful act or treason. ????

No, she wasn't.   

She was removed from office by the Constitutional Court for abuse of power and a temporary PM installed well before the coup.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1