Electric Vehicles in Thailand

1 hour ago, Pib said:

I had a LINE messaging chat with a Bangkok BYD dealership today....the dealership's LINE point of contact is fluent in English.  Confirmed the 22-30 June 2024 Dolphin promotion does "not" include Free Spare and Maintenance for 8 years/160K Km (not to be confused with the 8 years/160K KM warranty). 

But if a person buys and takes delivery "before" the promotion begins 22 June Free Spares and Maintenance is included but no Bt100K price reduction. 

I expect after the promotion ends on 30 June and the Bt100K price reduction goes bye-bye then the Free Spares and Maintenance will return with the Dolphin going back to its regular/current price.

For customers who reserve and purchase the BYD DOLPHIN electric car, Standard Range model or Extended Range model and receive a tax invoice issued between 22 June 2024 and – 30 June 2024 or until the BYD DOLPHIN electric car, Standard Range model or Extended Range model. Extended Range will be sold out

The wording indicates this price will remain until all stock is sold

I think there wouldn't be any pricing changes until they have a stockpile of between 2,000-5000 locally built vehicles

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Gosh, I know "what looks good" varies from individual to individual like what one person finds attractive another person finds ugly, but for me the Cybertruck looks like some futuristic military vehicle in a B-grade Sci-Fi movie.  Just doesn't turn me on at all...but hey, that's just me.

Doesn't do it for me. 

6 hours ago, Pib said:

Gosh, I know "what looks good" varies from individual to individual like what one person finds attractive another person finds ugly, but for me the Cybertruck looks like some futuristic military vehicle in a B-grade Sci-Fi movie.  Just doesn't turn me on at all...but hey, that's just me.

Not just you, I think it looks ridiculous.

• Agree 1

On 4/21/2022 at 9:33 AM, Bandersnatch said:

This is a discussion about EVs available or coming to Thailand. Not private imports but cars supported here with a dealer network.

Are you interested in an EV as your next car if so which one and why?

Do you know of any breaking news about EVs in Thailand? If so post here. 

This not a discussion about EVs v ICE cars  - for that go here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1246109-ice-vs-ev-the-debate-thread/

This is not a discussion about Chinese cars - for that go here: 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1235921-why-so-many-chinese-cars-mg-cars-do-people-only-care-to-buy-something-cheap-whatever-is-the-quality/

Mods please delete any posts that try to hijack this thread. 

If I were to buy an EV then first I would buy solar panels to assist in the daily charging.  As high temps daily continue to spread everywhere, A/C use can greatly increase electric bill so I would definitely have an EV that I could charge at home.  Though to tell the truth, I like gasoline hogs but then I am just an old fart anyway and don't know any better.  Good luck to all with whatever...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

At the scene, a multi-purpose vehicle was found. Characteristics of the MG brand electric train are battery or electric systems. There was fire burning around the hood and inside the cabin. Officials used chemical spray to suppress the fire until it was extinguished.

As for the initial cause, it is believed that it was caused by a collision with the drive shaft of the bus. which is absent on the road Then it hit the battery that was under the car. While moving the car onto the slide Then a fire broke out. The highway forklift operator decided to use a winch to pull the truck down from the slide. Then use a chemical tank to spray to put out the fire. before notifying the fire department in the area to provide further assistance At the time of the incident, no injured or dead persons were found. As for the actual cause, it is under investigation by the police. 

https://www.fm91bkk.com/newsarticle/32117

• Like 1

Potentially "game-changing" battery unveiled at this year’s ASEAN Automotive Supply Chain Conference held in Thailand between June 18 and 19. 

New breakthrough EV battery goes 1 million miles, handles -22°F to 149°F

As the article says, "If claims about the battery are true, this could be a game-changer for the EV market in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/19/2024 at 6:59 PM, Bandersnatch said:

There was a fire at a Petrol station in Surin this week,  one of the few that didn’t have any EV charging! 

I drove past it yesterday and it was totally gutted. The sooner they are replaced by clean safe EV charging stations the better.  

Thailand has some of the worst air pollution in the world they should seriously consider Ultra Low Emission Zones for city centers with financial incentives to help people dump the pump.

IMG_4391.jpeg.ac7399f70c82f6de38671ddc3330ddc6.jpeg

IMG_4377.thumb.jpeg.3e43d75ae735aeb6549d072d0e929eaa.jpeg

Looks like we need a new motorcycle battery charging point.

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

It turn out he rolled it, the roofline was wrong.

They are still repairing it, they stripped everything and took it down to the shell.

He expects to get it back next month.  He was hoping they would write it off, he wants the MG4 X-Power 

I love it, but then Pink matches my handbag.

It's not pink, it's coral. Pink is for sissies. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Don't think that will be an issue in TH, although saying that, I doubt if I'll ever update the EV's software.  JIC :coffee1:

My Haval has this feature. I think it’s rather cool, especially if you’re worried about someone unauthorised driving your car. Not sure how it works though. Any pointers on how to set it up?