Thailand further eases entry restrictions for international travellers

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thailand Pass will also be paused temporarily to update the system for the new rules, set to start on the first of May. Those who have already booked will need to inquire individually with hotels/Thailand Pass about potential refunds or “grandfather” clauses after May 1st. Before May 1st, all current rules will apply.

So... everyone whose arrival date (and pre-booked travel arrangements) falls between now and May 1 is basically screwed. Once again.

Or has to jump through hoops to sort it out and fight for refunds or re-bookings. Once again.

I was supposed to visit a southern European country for a week-long business trip in mid-May. My company then reconsidered and canceled the plan. They said they would rather not risk it as the Thai government has repeatedly changed the entry rules in the past and it might well happen again while I am abroad, which could potentially make it difficult for me to return to Thailand (with the company having to pick up the bill).

I don't blame them. I was actually hoping they'd scrap the travel plan. 

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Are you considered vaccinated if your last shot was over 6 months ago?

They haven't thought of that yet.   Give them a few minutes.    

I'll drop it in the suggestion box.   

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Do we have confirmation of this from the thai news outlets?

Well there is little doubt that the CCSA meeting conclusions have been translated correctly.
Formally it is in effect not before published in the Royal Gazette.

Very little chance that the basics will change.

(CCSA is headed by Mr. Big P.)

I see it in misc Thai news outlets among them PBS.

Translated headline:

"Prime Minister announces cancellation of Test&Go - open country in full on May 1"

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Well there is little doubt that the CCSA meeting conclusions have been translated correctly.
Formally it is in effect not before published in the Royal Gazette.

Very little chance that the basics will change.

(CCSA is headed by Mr. Big P.)

Well that's good to hear but as you know, in the last two years there has been lots of changes and back tracking, and nowadays many people expect some sort of change, myself included. So until I see it confirmed officially, it's hard to go along with it. And even then its not always certain.

• Like 2

Really? 

Well, wait until Monday.  Let's see if they change their minds over the weekend.

If this becomes the new 'standard operating procedure', I'll contact my friends in America who refuse to come here based on the forced testing and hospitalization. 

If true!  Very smart move and past it's time.

Now - open up the freaking night-time entertainment.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Eliminate this requirement completely, and (more) people may actually decide to travel to Thailand.

Actually, I can't fault them for this (though I don't know of any other country that currently requires it). I don't know how many healthcare runners there are, but having such insurance should be considered a neccessity for any responsible traveler. Perhaps they're just nudging the weakest links among us to do the right thing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, thisisrascal said:

Great news but I’m annoyed with myself for already paying for a test and go package for my June arrival ???? 

You should ask for a refund kindly at FIRST for this on May 2nd I suggest.  There is no way a reputable hotel will not refund you. Maybe minis 1-5% ad fee.  I as well as many reported getting back my day 5 $$ after test and go went ATK only day 5.  This is just common sense for a hotel.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If they drop the I surance for tourists then they sure as gell better drop the requirement for us here on extensions of stay based on OA for retirement.

I'm not on OA but they should do that anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Furthermore, insurance has been reduced to $10,000.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1517387086646898689

That hardly sounds like adequate insurance for any kind of long trip. Unless you think it's normal to start a crowd funding project just to be able to return home in case something went wrong. This seems to be popular especially in certain western countries.