Restaurant staffer arrested after allegedly using a gun to threaten a foreign tourist on Bangla Road in Patong

webfact

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

Slogan change coming to reflect the current environment... 

LOS Land of Smiles

replaced with

Land of Smith and Wesson? 

LOSS    -  Land of Sig Sauer  (that's what the police carry where I live anyway)

4 hours ago, inThailand said:

Slogan change coming to reflect the current environment... 

LOS Land of Smiles

replaced with

Land of Smith and Wesson? 

It was a prop gun that fired Blanks maybe like him, but they can still kill at close range.

3 hours ago, RandiRona said:

"Bank told Patong police, “I was standing in front of the restaurant where I worked. I tried to persuade and invite the foreign tourist into ‘the restaurant’. The tourist refused to enter the venue and said rude statements, which led to an argument. I was offended by the tourist’s rude and demeaning insults and took out a prop/stunt gun. I didn’t want to hurt the tourist, only scare him and make him feel bad for insulting someone just trying to do their job.”

I was also trying to see if he was carrying a mandatory amount of $1000 per tourist. I was trying to immigration to ensure that he was enough cash for trip. 

Judge: No guilty ...constitution provide for it.

You are on a roll today....

• Haha 1

Restaurant staffer arrested after allegedly using a gun to threaten a foreign tourist.

Foreign tourist says wallet was taken by two transgender individuals in Pattaya, second incident in two days.

Tourist arrivals .... still just a fraction of pre-COVID levels

The Welcome To Thailand pr man said he was insulted for just doing his job. Not good, but if someone wants to enter a 'restaurant' he doesn't need someone outside trying to invite him in. I wonder how often that works and someone walking past decides to change what plan they had and come inside for a meal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BE88 said:
12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try reading the report before posting. There was no bill, and the foreigner wasn't a customer.

And you believe the police report? LoL

You're digging yourself into a hole. The gunman said what happened and admitted what he did. Your perception skills appear to be very low. Try reading the link again, slowly, and you might understand it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You're digging yourself into a hole. The gunman said what happened and admitted what he did. Your perception skills appear to be very low. Try reading the link again, slowly, and you might understand it.

It's funny how you make me laugh this morning, thank you????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

It was a prop gun that fired Blanks maybe like him, but they can still kill at close range.

Prop guns can't kill as they have plugged barrels.  

You are thinking about real guns that can fire blank ammo.  Some (not all) blank ammo will launch a plug of paper wadding.  If pressed against the temple or eye, there is enough muzzle energy to pierce the skull.

I was offended by the tourist’s rude and demeaning insults and took out a prop/stunt gun. I didn’t want to hurt the tourist, only scare him and make him feel bad for insulting someone just trying to do their job.”

clearly a normal reaction

welcome to "Amazing Thailand" and its world-famous hospitality

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try reading the report before posting. There was no bill, and the foreigner wasn't a customer.

Just more fake stories / fake reporting. Several in this thread.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BE88 said:
54 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And you believe the police report? LoL

It has far more credibility than your over-imaginative comment.

Edited by Liverpool Lou