Take care of me

Funny how kreng jai เกรงใจ doesn't seem to apply to relationships with foreigners sometimes. Quite the opposite often applies. I hate to say it, but I guess some folks don't see foreigners as deserving the same considerations as Thais.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Here's another one for you, as you know the girls can and do play the long game, a guy i know said one wife waited 15 years for the farang to die then went back with her thai husband

I guess the farang got what he wanted, as did she.

Without further details, no harm I can see. People often remarry after losing a spouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get 300,000 a month 

give her 30k minus plus 6 plus 3 minus 8 times 1.2 minus 4 plus 7 times 2 divided by 0.87

it's been three years, she’s still figuring out the math. 

help humans.  The poor, the hungry……hungry for gold!

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

She lied caused she didnt want to

no, it was a language translation issue and I knew she did not have the time - she does not lie... but maybe in your world, all Thai lie... to you - if you can learn to speak a little Thai and get outside of the red light cities, you might find things are quite different. A whole new world of Thailand... 

If you live in Disneyland, then Minnie Mouse will remain in character... so to speak. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

no, it was a language translation issue and I knew she did not have the time - she does not lie... but maybe in your world, all Thai lie... to you - if you can learn to speak a little Thai and get outside of the red light cities, you might find things are quite different. A whole new world of Thailand... 

If you live in Disneyland, then Minnie Mouse will remain in character... so to speak. 

<deleted>, all women lie.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

<deleted>, all women lie.

and men don't? 

what constitutes a lie is different in different cultures... I guess the bar might be whether or not it is malicious and damaging or just small talk 

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

and men don't? 

what constitutes a lie is different in different cultures... I guess the bar might be whether or not it is malicious and damaging or just small talk 

You said she doesnt lie. They all lie.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Once a lie is told so many times it then starts to become a reality and the truth for some....simple minds believe what they believe.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

and men don't? 

Why would anyone care?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

except you? 

she does not lie of consequence - she might not want to talk about something at the time... yes, but would probably tell me later...

Every culture has different things that are acceptable lies... things you might consider common courtesies... you are in a different culture here... 

for example, if your worker asks you to buy him a beer and you don't want to... you say "proong nee' tomorrow, which is understood as 'no' but in a polite manner of rejecting as it remains possible... 

But, maybe you are one of those people who are not interested in a culture beyond your own? Minnie Mouse flatters for tips and many of your compatriots believe her... don't understand her job and choose to believe her then when reality hits you are all blown up and everyone who calls you handsome man is a lying #%^&.. though you glow in the false charms at first, because you lack understanding of her job... you could say she is lying by pretending to be Minnie in the first place, forgetting that you paid the price of admission to enter the amusement park... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Pratically impossible in western countries but taking care of a women lets say 30 years younger then you even if she has a kid, is no problem here if you have an acceptable income.  If you can't afford them, say no.

Also, these "good job" women usually have debt or other baggage.  Would rather have a non worker who has some freedom to travel, etc.

To add, if you are the sole provider you should have 99% control.  If you don't, shame on you.

There is one thing that has to be kept in mind if you want to take care of a girl who is over 30 years younger than you.

There is no chance that you are going to keep up with her sexually, and also no chance that she is going to be sexually attracted to you if you are very overweight etc. I don't think it has to be spelled out what that means.

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

except you? 

she does not lie of consequence - she might not want to talk about something at the time... yes, but would probably tell me later...

Every culture has different things that are acceptable lies... things you might consider common courtesies... you are in a different culture here... 

for example, if your worker asks you to buy him a beer and you don't want to... you say "proong nee' tomorrow, which is understood as 'no' but in a polite manner of rejecting as it remains possible... 

But, maybe you are one of those people who are not interested in a culture beyond your own? Minnie Mouse flatters for tips and many of your compatriots believe her... don't understand her job and choose to believe her then when reality hits you are all blown up and everyone who calls you handsome man is a lying #%^&.. though you glow in the false charms at first, because you lack understanding of her job... you could say she is lying by pretending to be Minnie in the first place, forgetting that you paid the price of admission to enter the amusement park... 

Minnie Mouse? No idea what you are talking about

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would anyone care?

I agree... I do not feel that my wife or anyone owes me an accounting of their actions. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. 

I did not broach this topic - but there seem to be quite a few guys out there that think 'handsome man' is more than a 'come-on' line in the trade... they buy into the fantasy and then get disappointed that they are not the only customer in the bin... Reality can be a long way down for some... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I agree... I do not feel that my wife or anyone owes me an accounting of their actions. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. 

I did not broach this topic - but there seem to be quite a few guys out there that think 'handsome man' is more than a 'come-on' line in the trade... they buy into the fantasy and then get disappointed that they are not the only customer in the bin... Reality can be a long way down for some... 

I dont think so.

3 hours ago, mbenson said:

Funny how kreng jai เกรงใจ doesn't seem to apply to relationships with foreigners sometimes. Quite the opposite often applies. I hate to say it, but I guess some folks don't see foreigners as deserving the same considerations as Thais.

It is not unusual to find Thais that have been "victim" of the same activities of having a wife betray them when they are out of town working overseas... I know many such stories Thai/Thai... as well as every other nationality under the blue blue skies.. 

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Minnie Mouse? No idea what you are talking about

Not surprising... 

Pattaya = disneyland

Minnie Mouse = a bargirl playing a part

Idiot = surrenders too much $$ to her charms believing she is really Minnie Mouse, his young dream lover, and finds out she is just a poor farm girl providing for her family... and said Idiot, gets angry and calls everyone a liar... like it is Minnie's fault, not her job as she sees it.. 

5 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It is not unusual to find Thais that have been "victim" of the same activities of having a wife betray them when they are out of town working overseas... I know many such stories Thai/Thai... as well as every other nationality under the blue blue skies.. 

Ergo why jealous Thai husband's shoot, stab or kill their wives and new boyfriends or side hustles.

9 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

get disappointed that they are not the only customer in the bin

In that world: If she's doing it with you she's doing it with somebody else, anything she does to some body else she can/will do to you.

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

In that world: If she's doing it with you she's doing it with somebody else, anything she does to some body else she can/will do to you.

When you buy a coffee in Starbucks (et al), do you feel unhappy that there are other people being sold coffee?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Not surprising... 

Pattaya = disneyland

Minnie Mouse = a bargirl playing a part

Idiot = surrenders too much $$ to her charms believing she is really Minnie Mouse, his young dream lover, and finds out she is just a poor farm girl providing for her family... and said Idiot, gets angry and calls everyone a liar... like it is Minnie's fault, not her job as she sees it.. 

Ok, havent been there for 16 years.

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

probably pretty much correct... let's try and not forget that it is her job... as some here do and then get angry... and yes, there are comparisons that can be made to 'good girls' who have some financial hopes/expectations in a marriage partner... which goes on everywhere too... 

A wino living in the gutter does not find many suitors... a hard working wealthy doctor does... 

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Not unless they are drinking from the same cup

I prefer my coffee served in a ceramic cup/mug ....... as long as it's washed between customers, I'm happy with that.

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Not unless they are drinking from the same cup

Thais do share 1 cup between them as they take their selfies. Never seen that done with a group of foreign men taking selfies with 1 bar girl shared between themmmm....

• Haha 2