Jealous ex stabs rival THIRTY times in full view of traders and customers at busy market

webfact

8pm.jpg

Bang Saothong police and Poh Teck Tung rescue services in Samut Prakan were called to the local market after a horrific attack on a man.

They found 31 year old Aphisit unconscious in a pool of blood.

He had around 30 stab wounds after a frenzied attack by a man who fled on a motorcycle. 

He was given CPR at the scene then taken to Chularat 5 hospital where he was pronounced dead, reported 77kaoded. Some of this was contained in a video published by the media.

A female trader said she heard a commotion and turned to see the victim being assaulted. No one dared intervene as the assailant stabbed the victim multiple times.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

8pm1.jpg

The victim's elder sister told police that the assailant was the former lover of her brother's girlfriend.

Korakitti, aged about 20, had been trying to reconcile the relationship but had been turned down.

It appears that the assailant had arrived at the market and waited until Aphisit and his girlfriend had put away their clothing stall.

He had approached Aphisit (in a Toyota Altis) as he prepared to leave opening the car door and attacking him with a knife.

Aphisit ran off and was chased and further attacked in full view of the people at the market.

The girlfriend was in a state of shock and unable to give evidence.

Police know the identity of the assailant who they are trying to find. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 5

Just now, webfact said:

No one dared intervene as the assailant stabbed the victim multiple times

The apathy the on-lookers showed is most worrying to see someone being slaughtered and not try to do something says it all... 

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I wonder if he will feel differently about it in the future once he realises his consequences have actions.

Hopefully just for the partial second it takes for  the bullet to enter and leave the back of the skull 

31 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I guess murdering someone and going to prison is less of a loss of face than having his girl choose someone else over him.  Personally, carrying out a violent and cowardly attack, brutally murdering someone, leaving many lives ruined in the process, would be the worse of the two things to have to live with. 

I wonder if he will feel differently about it in the future once he realises his consequences have actions.

He obviously didn't think it through "rationally" did he . Throw away your own life at 20 and destroy many other innocent lives,  over a girl? Everyone knows teens are impulsive. Look it up now there is research that the prefrontal cortex is not fully developed until 25 or later.  Add face culture plus weapons. Bad news. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Attacking with a weapon, with no warning, waiting until the victim is vulnerable and unable to escape.  Real piece of work.

Also completely brazen.  He must have known, like other boys who do the same, that he would be caught and be sent to prison.  The fact that this is no deterrent is really striking.  Sometimes, this type of behaviour makes you wonder how many people in Thailand would be classed as being mentally ill if they were examined by Western medical staff.

Maybe all of them. 555

He had approached Aphisit (in a Toyota Altis) as he prepared to leave opening the car door and attacking him with a knife.

Always a good idea to lock your car doors as soon as you get into it in a public place. I escaped some crazed looking idiot in a Big C car park who was falsely accusing me of colliding with his car and trying to get me to get me out of the car. Luckily I had locked the car doors and he was unsuccessful in trying to open the driver's door and drag me out. I just drove off, deciding to shop at Gourmet instead, and left him there ranting and raving.  Had a similar incident when a guy who looked like a glue sniffer popped out of an abandoned carpark guard's booth on Silom Road and flailed around without looking, clipping my wing mirror with his tatooed arm. I could see he was waiting for me to park the car and get out, so he and his mates could attack me on foot.  So I pretended to park but suddenly drove out of the car park, whereupon he grabbed my door handle and tried to open it. I was able to drive off and shake his hand loose from the door without any fingers left behind. I sneaked back to look in the unused guard booth the next day and found empty Chang bottles in it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Another idiot.
Lock him up, throw the keys away.

I always wonder how dangerous we farangs live.
Plenty walking around with young women.
Some ex thai boyfriends must not be happy, seeing old farangs taking the young cuties.

Nice fantasy, boomer. 

id like to take a PhD class on Thai psychology, particularly “face,” and crime+punishment. It is honestly fascinating to me and extremely enigmatic how weighty face loss is to them, the insane reaction, and also the very light jail sentences or fines imposed for vicious violence. The lengthy jail sentences deter most people in America from these acts, but in Thailand, I can *sort of* understand how someone would be willing to throw away only a few years of life if it meant absolving a massive degradation to their reputation in a society that prizes it.

I’ve read “How Thais Lead,” and “Inside Thai Society,” but it’s only really the window dressing of their psyche. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of true introspective works that are native. 

if any of you guys do know some good books on the topic I’d like to read 

Edited by FalangJaiDee

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Also completely brazen.  He must have known, like other boys who do the same, that he would be caught and be sent to prison.  The fact that this is no deterrent is really striking.  Sometimes, this type of behaviour makes you wonder how many people in Thailand would be classed as being mentally ill if they were examined by Western medical staff.

If I can't have her then you can't either.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling video removed.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Seems that way. I have been told a Thaiman can be jailed but  can never be insulted.

There are plenty of men in USA also locked up for life for murder in youthful jealous rage or being dissed or gang nonsense.  Never gonna get their girl back, or ever get a any woman again.

Better they had moved on. 

And a good move for you to get some understanding of the Asian concept of 'loss of face' (which included being insulted).

Perhaps you might disagree with this concept but please realize and accept that it's very important and very serious in Asian culures and that well includes Thailand.

And understand that revenge is serious and there must be revenge. 

Edited by scorecard

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

You would think so.  People say it is barbaric, but this crime is pretty barbaric.  ????‍♂️

Inerestingly I believe that in many middle eastern states jailing someone for life is considered barbaric torture and execution is much more humane.

1 hour ago, timendres said:

If I had a pistol, I would put a round in him.

Otherwise, I am standing clear of the knife wielding lunatic, pulling out my phone, and calling the cops.

You're not going to grow your social media views and make any money with that attitude.  

Film it so you can upload to FB, or better yet stream it live.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Nice fantasy, boomer. 

id like to take a PhD class on Thai psychology, particularly “face,” and crime+punishment. It is honestly fascinating to me and extremely enigmatic how weighty face loss is to them, the insane reaction, and also the very light jail sentences or fines imposed for vicious violence. The lengthy jail sentences deter most people in America from these acts, but in Thailand, I can *sort of* understand how someone would be willing to throw away only a few years of life if it meant absolving a massive degradation to their reputation in a society that prizes it.

I’ve read “How Thais Lead,” and “Inside Thai Society,” but it’s only really the window dressing of their psyche. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of true introspective works that are native. 

if any of you guys do know some good books on the topic I’d like to read 

All i can tell you is that my Deceased Thai FIL Murdered another Man with a knife in cold blood one night after a drinking session.   The Man who died was his 'best friend'; who after drinking a fair bit said something FIL didn't like and out came the knife.  He was sentenced to 15 years in Prison but was out in 8, never showed any remorse for the rest of his life, never cared that his 'friend' had a young wife and child that were left without any financial support, would happily tell his story of Murder to anyone who would listen.   Understanding these People is difficult indeed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I guess murdering someone and going to prison is less of a loss of face than having his girl choose someone else over him.  Personally, carrying out a violent and cowardly attack, brutally murdering someone, leaving many lives ruined in the process, would be the worse of the two things to have to live with. 

He probably wouldn't even have considered the consequences. That requires step 2 thinking, often alien to Thais. They live in the here and now, which also explains the way many drive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

All i can tell you is that my Deceased Thai FIL Murdered another Man with a knife in cold blood one night after a drinking session.

I think if it's an argument and he was angry, then it isn't "in cold blood".

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

All i can tell you is that my Deceased Thai FIL Murdered another Man with a knife in cold blood one night after a drinking session.   The Man who died was his 'best friend'; who after drinking a fair bit said something FIL didn't like and out came the knife.  He was sentenced to 15 years in Prison but was out in 8, never showed any remorse for the rest of his life, never cared that his 'friend' had a young wife and child that were left without any financial support, would happily tell his story of Murder to anyone who would listen.   Understanding these People is difficult indeed.

"Never drink with Thai men"????

Execute this sorry, selfish piece of sh!t. And tomorrow execute the next man/boy who has never been told no after he murders his ex/his ex’s bf/mother/father/neighbor/brother/sister/best friend/rival tech school student/etc….  And keep executing everyone who commits murder and is quilts beyond doubt.

Will this stop the murdering? Of course not, there’s always going to be brain dead idiots whose IQ is similar to their shoe size that will kill without thought to the consequences. But even if it stops a small fraction then lives will be saved.

The death penalty needs to be used to be effective.

• Like 1

I watched the aftermath of this on Thai TV News last evening. First responders were giving the victim strong CPR. Following the arrival of an ambulance the victim was put on a gurney. As it was wheeled to the rear of the ambulance for loading the front wheels of the gurney prematurely collapsed causing the patient to almost slide off. The surrounding responders caught it in time but the incident turned a professional response into a comedy.