Actor Kevin Spacey charged with sexually assaulting three men, U.K. prosecutors say

onthedarkside

Screenshot_1.jpg.4eadcc97b6887bbb7f5c10ef460f3702.jpg

“The charges follow a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation,” Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said.

Actor Kevin Spacey has been charged with sexually assaulting three men in the U.K. from 2005 to 2013, Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said Thursday.

Spacey, 62, “has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. The charges follow a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation,” Rosemary Ainslie, head of the CPS Special Crime Division, said in a statement.

Two of the alleged assaults happened in March 2005 in London against one person, the statement said.

(more)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/actor-kevin-spacey-charged-sexually-assaulting-three-men-uk-prosecutor-rcna30661

• Sad 1

Come on guys this days every body is suing every body for sexual assault or rape, I was sexualy assaulted twice when I was a young boy I never had the money to sue anybody I got over it and put it in the back of my mind, it is just about law sued and getting money for nothing . And no I am not a fan of him.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Come on guys this days every body is suing every body for sexual assault or rape, I was sexualy assaulted twice when I was a young boy I never had the money to sue anybody I got over it and put it in the back of my mind, it is just about law sued and getting money for nothing . And no I am not a fan of him.

Based on your experiences, did you ever do any similar to other? 

How people handle these things is very individual, and can not be based on others experiences.

We are past the area where girls is Blaimed for being raped because of their make up and how they are dressed!

Even from a prostitute you had an verbal agreement with before you arrived room, you still need an consent from. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Based on your experiences, did you ever do any similar to other? 

How people handle these things is very individual, and can not be based on others experiences.

We are past the area where girls is Blaimed for being raped because of their make up and how they are dressed!

Even from a prostitute you had an verbal agreement with before you arrived room, you still need an consent from. 

So as a young boy of about 10 maybe 11 I need the agreement being raped ? And no I never ever touched anybody male or female and talking about bar girls I never been in a bar in Thailand just one time with my friend for just a beer at day time

9 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

So as a young boy of about 10 maybe 11 I need the agreement being raped ? And no I never ever touched anybody male or female and talking about bar girls I never been in a bar in Thailand just one time with my friend for just a beer at day time

You know what I ment, didn't you? 

There is laws to follow and additional there is common sense as a moral sense even they are above legal age.

10 and

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You know what I ment, didn't you? 

There is laws to follow and additional there is common sense as a moral sense even they are above legal age.

10 and

And to answer your question" NO"  I never ever sexualy touched or raped any body

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you think that men who sexually assault other men should not be prosecuted and free to continue their sex assaults ?

Exactly. Is it possible that the plaintiffs are seeking justice? Such people still actually exist.

And that goes for ANY sexual assault on ANY person  by another.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

Actor Kevin Spacey has been charged with sexually assaulting three men in the U.K. from 2005 to 2013, Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said Thursday.

A new twist to the term A-lister.

• Haha 2

Proving historical sexual offences is always a herculean task for both the prosecution and the victims. If there's DNA or a video recording of the offence itself, a conviction is exponentially easier to achieve. 

42 minutes ago, Excel said:

Snag is as the British system is a fair one, if he gets found guilty he will more likely get a custodial sentence which he will no doubt enjoy

I really doubt that he will enjoy prison but I do hope his sentence is a long one if found guilty. 

I bet a religious or conservative person may has a different opinion or definition of the word assault. In some parts of Thailand just touching (friendly slap on the shoulder) would already be considered an assault or sexual intimidation.

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

This whole thing makes me sad. Kevin Spacey was such a brilliant actor....and now this.

Yes.

Spacey has an impressive body of work in the acting sphere. In that he is brilliant. Sadly though his aggressive interest in the bodies of blokes has done him in. Some men straight or gay get a big head when they become famous and think they can get away with anything. 

• Like 1

There is no room in society for rape.  It should never be tolerated. I am not seeing where the people involved here are minors (or women). Seems most of the groping was of adult males.  Now I agree completely that the behavior is inappropriate.  Legal action seems ridiculous and smacks of a money grab.  I was out with the Mrs (a Thai) last night and some of her business associates.  There was an Italian gent in the group that got too deep in his cups.  He started to grope various women in the group.  When he did the same to the Mrs she grabbed his crotch, squeezed hard and said that’s enough of that.  He was sufficiently chastised (and a bit terrified) to be as quiet as a lamb for the rest of the night.  My point is that matters such as this don’t need to be settled in court there are other ways to resolve.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

There is no room in society for rape.  It should never be tolerated. I am not seeing where the people involved here are minors (or women). Seems most of the groping was of adult males.  Now I agree completely that the behavior is inappropriate.  Legal action seems ridiculous and smacks of a money grab.  I was out with the Mrs (a Thai) last night and some of her business associates.  There was an Italian gent in the group that got too deep in his cups.  He started to grope various women in the group.  When he did the same to the Mrs she grabbed his crotch, squeezed hard and said that’s enough of that.  He was sufficiently chastised (and a bit terrified) to be as quiet as a lamb for the rest of the night.  My point is that matters such as this don’t need to be settled in court there are other ways to resolve.

spacey is charged with a lot more than groping (which is sexual assault and should be punished as such). 

13 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

Spacey, 62, “has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you think that men who sexually assault other men should not be prosecuted and free to continue their sex assaults ?

All this historical sex allegations is a money grab, whether male or female, hopeful the jury will see this for what it is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, roo860 said:

All this historical sex allegations is a money grab, whether male or female, hopeful the jury will see this for what it is.

The charges are brought by the Crown Prosecution Service, this is a criminal prosecution, it is not a ‘high payout civil case’.

The court ruling will be ‘guilty’ or ‘not guilty’, if found guilty the court will hand down a sentence which will very likely be custodial.

There are no big payouts to victims coming out of this trial.

• Like 1

Interesting are the following two facts:
- you cannot prove a negative, i.e. one word against another 
- it took 9 to 17 years to come forward; where is the logic? 

Spacey might or might not be guilty but it is definitely possible that some are jumping onto the "Streetcar called (monetary) Desire". 

I just hope the prosecution looks at these cases from all angles. 

• Like 2