Contractor barricades holes in pavement and road following personal inspection by Pattaya’s unofficial mayor-elect

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — The contractor responsible for the unfinished roadwork on Thepprasit Road barricaded holes in the unsurfaced pavement following Pattaya’s unofficial mayor-elect Poramase “Beer” Ngampiches’s personal inspection yesterday, May 30th.

The contractor, Promkarn Rayong 1993 Company Limited, said today, May 31st, that they barricaded the holes in the street and covered the ones in the pavement with a metal sheet as a temporary remedy.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

They would expedite the work as quickly as possible as instructed by Poramase.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/31/contractor-barricades-holes-in-pavement-and-road-following-personal-inspection-by-pattayas-unofficial-mayor-elect/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, peter zwart said:

Even this photo shows that there is no thought involved. Only a ribbon has been stretched from the direction the traffic is coming from. Why no blocks there? This is the most dangerous side for traffic. Amazing.

Sadly, I suspect there is now another project without any concrete barriers now, ready to injure the unsuspecting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just wait till the buses come back. It’s going to be total gridlock. Plus did they think about where the busses are going to stop on beach road with parking on both sides? It’s going to be a nightmare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peter zwart said:

Even this photo shows that there is no thought involved. Only a ribbon has been stretched from the direction the traffic is coming from. Why no blocks there? This is the most dangerous side for traffic. Amazing.

Especially at night time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jcmj said:

Just wait till the buses come back. It’s going to be total gridlock. Plus did they think about where the busses are going to stop on beach road with parking on both sides? It’s going to be a nightmare. 

That's what I worry about, too.  Traffic is often bad now, what's it going to be like when tourists start coming again?  They should have never allowed parking on the beach side of Beach Road--looks awful and hinders traffic flow.  North Pattaya Road is sometimes gridlocked as so much traffic is going down to Terminal 21 and all the hotels and other businesses--the new Centre Point Space and the other new hotel across the street will just be adding to that.  It's long past time that North Pattaya Road should be made no parking the entire length--adding another lane to help traffic flow.  Much of it is red and white striped already--just do it all.   For the convenience of allowing a few dozen cars to park thousands of other cars are stuck in traffic.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jcmj said:

I don't miss the traffic in pattaya.

When i lived there my car was parked up most of the time, and used only once a month for the makro shopping.

I found motor bike was the only way to get around town.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Certainly is not a world class family resort ! You'd be crazy to bring kids in buggies or the disabled here

I have seen people in wheel chairs made to use the roads cos the pavements have holes and sometimes big drops at the end of the pavement that are a challenge to healthy folk .Add to that vendors goods , electrical conduit and concrete electrical posts all making hazards .  In the 2 years of tourist absence , Pattaya could have repaired or relaid the pavements and even turned some of Beach road into a pedestrian safe promenade . Pattaya is not a good place to come for a family with young children and buggies plus the disabled  in wheelchairs are not catered for to use the pavements and will be confined to their hotels most of the time . T.A.T should take a look at Spanish resorts and others that are set up to encourage tourists . 

• Like 2

And I can't get into my bank and can't get my account moved! Don't know how I'm going to get my new passport registered or certificates for Immigration! Bank doesn't know when works will finish and I get no response from HQ to my request to move my account!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

barricaded the holes in the street and covered the ones in the pavement with a metal sheet as a temporary remedy.

Well I never, proper barricades instead of this:

Only VIP area roads good, rest have potholes: Telangana HC | Hyderabad News  - Times of India

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

And I can't get into my bank and can't get my account moved! Don't know how I'm going to get my new passport registered or certificates for Immigration! Bank doesn't know when works will finish and I get no response from HQ to my request to move my account!

So how do the bank employees get into their bank so they can be 'on duty'?