Jomtien Immigration - anyone not bother to go for the 3 month 800k check?

3 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

No, never done it, and never had a problem with the renewals.  Provided of course you comply with the balance requirements during the year.

Same same, never done it,  never had a problem. 

• Like 1

I renewed via an agent for the first time last December and there was no requirement to return after 3 months and show that the funds were still there. The previous twice I did it myself and got saddled with the extra trip both times. It might have had nothing to do with using an agent, of course.

• Like 1

Went in last Tuesday with photo copies as requested on the sheet and with my original bank book if they wanted to check it as it is a fixed account and I couldn't be ar**ed to go to the bank to add anything.

Walked up to desk 8 which was busy but some lady came around from the side and asked me could she help (it was about 3.45pm), gave her the sheets, she briefly looked at them and said ok. Did not check the bank book so no proof the copy I gave her was up to date.

Complete waste of time but not like I had anything else pressing to do so just covering my a**.......????

• Like 2

I made my extension on 12/5 (non immigrant O) and was told to have a statement after TWO months, and also three months before next extension.I forgot to ask,if "statement" means bankletters,or just updates...Or perhaps both.. Also,is it enough to show it when I go for my new extension,or must I go after 2 months and before 3 months? Yes,I know,I should have asked them.Or I can try to ask them now.But if I don`t have to be in contact with them,I feel better...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bosse137 said:

I made my extension on 12/5 (non immigrant O) and was told to have a statement after TWO months, and also three months before next extension.I forgot to ask,if "statement" means bankletters,or just updates...Or perhaps both.. Also,is it enough to show it when I go for my new extension,or must I go after 2 months and before 3 months? Yes,I know,I should have asked them.Or I can try to ask them now.But if I don`t have to be in contact with them,I feel better...

Jomtien gave me a A4 sheet saying when to come back and other stuff, passbook updated after that 90 day date.

If I've got something better to do I won't bother going

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

OK,I will try to make it more clear. When I got my extension,12/5, I only,as always,had copies of the bankbook,the bankbook and a letter from the bank.And the rest of the usual documents.I did not have anything,except the bankbook itself,to show that I had still the money (800000)  in the bank after 2 months or that the money were in the bank 3 months before me going to get extension.So the officer reminded me,that next time I should have,what he called "statements" of the status of the money,two months after extension and three months before NEXT extension.I forgot to ask him 1/ What exaktly is meant by the word "statement": does it have to be a letter from the bank or is it enough to have an update in the book? Or both ?  2/ Do I have to go to immigration to show these things at 2 months after the recent extension and three months before the next one,or is i ok to wait until I go there next year. Hopefully this will be clear enough,at least for people in the same situation....

• Haha 1

Wow - thankful that I noticed this, as I had TOTALLY forgotten about the 90 day return to Jomtien Immigration to prove the 800K funds still in the bank account, and 90 days for me is June 7!!... Looked for the form they gave me when I picked up my passport (or when I applied for the extension, forget when they gave it to me) - can't find it, and for some dumbARSE reason, forgot to photo the form like I usually do, and forgot to add it to my google calendar to remind me... but thankfully last year I noted what I needed to take with me in my google calendar:

Need Passport copies - photo page and last visa page

Bankbook copes - first page, last page (updated before making the copy)

Form that Immigration gave when did visa extension.

Edited by southsideBruce

13 minutes ago, Bosse137 said:

OK,I will try to make it more clear. When I got my extension,12/5, I only,as always,had copies of the bankbook,the bankbook and a letter from the bank.And the rest of the usual documents.I did not have anything,except the bankbook itself,to show that I had still the money (800000)  in the bank after 2 months or that the money were in the bank 3 months before me going to get extension.So the officer reminded me,that next time I should have,what he called "statements" of the status of the money,two months after extension and three months before NEXT extension.I forgot to ask him 1/ What exaktly is meant by the word "statement": does it have to be a letter from the bank or is it enough to have an update in the book? Or both ?  2/ Do I have to go to immigration to show these things at 2 months after the recent extension and three months before the next one,or is i ok to wait until I go there next year. Hopefully this will be clear enough,at least for people in the same situation....

I'm guessing you don't go to Jomtien?

14 hours ago, southsideBruce said:

Wow - thankful that I noticed this, as I had TOTALLY forgotten about the 90 day return to Jomtien Immigration to prove the 800K funds still in the bank account, and 90 days for me is June 7!!... Looked for the form they gave me when I picked up my passport (or when I applied for the extension, forget when they gave it to me) - can't find it, and for some dumbARSE reason, forgot to photo the form like I usually do, and forgot to add it to my google calendar to remind me... but thankfully last year I noted what I needed to take with me in my google calendar:

Need Passport copies - photo page and last visa page

Bankbook copes - first page, last page (updated before making the copy)

Form that Immigration gave when did visa extension.

Seems ridiculous all these copies when they don't even update their system or give a receipt

IMG_20220604_165112~2.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, southsideBruce said:

Wow - thankful that I noticed this, as I had TOTALLY forgotten about the 90 day return to Jomtien Immigration to prove the 800K funds still in the bank account

Dont go.

Zero repercussions 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing you don't go to Jomtien?

You guess correctly.Chayphum is where I go.Nice people working there.Though,they say TWO months after extension and THREE months before next one.Well,not the first time different offices have different rules....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here is the deal.

I don't usually get into motivations behind immigration policies but I'll make an exception.

In my opinion the reason Jomtien started the show money order is so that if at the time of the next extension you slipped from balance maintenance compliance they can say we did all we could to educate you about the rules.

The rules that actually matter are the balance maintenance compliance proven at the next extension.

The show money report just doesn't matter whether you do it or not.

A few years ago I asked for a stamp in my passport or some sort of receipt for the 800k post renewal check-in. She said no, but that even if they lost my filing there wouldn't be an issue as long as I had the passbook showing my required balances.

Needless to say I have not bothered since and have never even been asked about it. 

27 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

A few years ago I asked for a stamp in my passport or some sort of receipt for the 800k post renewal check-in. She said no, but that even if they lost my filing there wouldn't be an issue as long as I had the passbook showing my required balances.

Needless to say I have not bothered since and have never even been asked about it. 

They give you an A4 sheet which they are meant to sign

On 6/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, Bosse137 said:

You guess correctly.Chayphum is where I go.Nice people working there.Though,they say TWO months after extension and THREE months before next one.Well,not the first time different offices have different rules....

Most offices have different rules, I was told to have 800k in the bank at least two months before the extension, maybe 3, can't really remember, but will make sure it's at least 3 next application to extend, that said, I asked how long does money have to remain in account and was told, you can withdrawal all the day after, no pompen, as long as you have the money in your account at the required time before reapplying, it's all good.

Sakon Nakhon Office.

• Confused 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:28 PM, Wuvu2 said:

I always take it that, as I am doing a 90 day report at the same time, getting a fresh 90 day slip is my "receipt".

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Most offices have different rules, I was told to have 800k in the bank at least two months before the extension, maybe 3, can't really remember, but will make sure it's at least 3 next application to extend, that said, I asked how long does money have to remain in account and was told, you can withdrawal all the day after, no pompen, as long as you have the money in your account at the required time before reapplying, it's all good.

Sakon Nakhon Office.

that would only be for an extension based on marriage, think there was a failure of communication somewhere

• Thanks 1