What will YOU do now that marijuana is sort of "legal" in Thailand?

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I am not so sure I want to touch it at all. 

Living in the West Village artist social circles all so so long ago.. I will guess that I am 5 years or so older than you based on your time line. I never heard of it when I was 13... I did know Ozzie Nelson and Father Knows Best... 

And maybe it will help you get some sleep.. based on the hour of posting. I can use some sleep too... 

A change in the law will not change what i have always done and that may or may not involve consuming copious amounts of more than o.o2% thc laden cannabis whenever the mood takes me. 

Edited by starky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I'll start.

I was a hippie. 

Was basically stoned every day from age 13 to 19. 

I was psychologically addicted.

No doubt given the early age, it did damage.

At 19, I realized the stuff made me paranoid and I didn't really enjoy it that much. 

Also it would trigger flashbacks of psychedelics (I guess that was a feature).

So I just stopped it and sometimes drank booze instead but happily never became an alcoholic.

But this was OLD SCHOOL pot. So weak!

So years ago in Amsterdam I had some puffs at a coffee shop.  The NEW STUFF.

I was not prepared. I went out and practically collapsed on the streets. I could feel the side effects for a month. 

So assuming the NEW STUFF is going to be available here, while I like the idea of freedom of choice, I am not so sure I want to touch it at all. 

Im not sure your very coherent on the new laws JT the NEW STUFF as you put it is certianly not going to be available here this aint amsterdam and all thats on the table is less than 0.02 % thc which is 10 times worse than the <deleted>ty bush weed you would have been smoking at 13. ????

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I'll probably plant some, and smoke a bit.  About the same as my alcohol intake, maybe 1 a week, if that, as I do enjoy a healthy liver & lungs.

Teens till 30, was a regular smoker of.  30 to 45 yrs old, maybe weekly.  Move here and pretty much stopped.  Maybe 1 oz in 22 years, and that was over just one 2 yr stretch.  Don't think it was the newer stronger stuff, but since hadn't smoked it in so long, got a nice buzz & cough from it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I'll probably plant some, and smoke a bit.  About the same as my alcohol intake, maybe 1 a week, if that, as I do enjoy a healthy liver & lungs.

Teens till 30, was a regular smoker of.  30 to 45 yrs old, maybe weekly.  Move here and pretty much stopped.  Maybe 1 oz in 22 years, and that was over just one 2 yr stretch.  Don't think it was the newer stronger stuff, but since hadn't smoked it in so long, got a nice buzz & cough from it.

Similar to my story. Work and regular dna testing pulled me up on the hooch not losing 160k a year for a bong lol. Tend to stay away from the hydro it kicks like a mule but one of the best things about Thailand was and still is the good old Thai buddha. 

Which may or may not grow quite well on certain farm land owned by the in laws. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starky said:

m not sure your very coherent on the new laws JT the NEW STUFF as you put it is certianly not going to be available here this aint amsterdam and all thats on the table is less than 0.02 % thc which is 10 times worse than the <deleted>ty bush weed you would have been smoking at 13. ????

The Thai's are not silly, any gray area and they will take advantage of it. I too thought the .02 was just silly but low and behold look what happened on June 9. There are huge loopholes in the law as it stand now. Lad Prao June 9.

287254401_573513447515167_2591750619713383600_n.jpg

287156109_573513414181837_4024206290886626356_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't smoke the stuff because it hurts my throat and makes me cough or worse. if I push past that it just makes my head spin and then I puke and pass out. 

but if these "Amsterdam" places start opening I might give it another shot. if they have those gummy bear thingies and someone who knows the right type and dosage to give me. 

or maybe I just go down to the nearest reggae bar and get a contact high ???? 

My history is knowing a person who had multiple Sirosis and he got great relief from pain he took it by eating cake, it was dodgy getting hold of cannabis in the UK for him at that time. 

Personally had no use for it hate the smell of it but maybe if my arthritis gets worse when older I will take in cake eating form. 

Probably will use on occasion as i hate alcohol its just not for me. But i really get the munchies so i wont use it much as it kills diet. Also heavy use will kill the will to do things. Occasional use can be fun.

As a Dutch guy i know all about it of course and own a vaporiser so it does not smell and is less bad for the lungs as you just heat the product to release the THC not burn it and get allt he <deleted>. Still not perfect. Perhaps edibles are the way to go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

We all come to the subject of  marijuana with our own personal histories.

The virgins.

The never inhaled.

The former hippie potheads. 

The medical users. 

And on and on.

So now that this historic change is happening here in Thailand, based on your marijuana history, how will YOU respond? 

I'll sort of ignore it, same as before.

PS: For clarity, I'm from the "tried it twice and it did nothing for me apart from making me sleepy (first time) and confused and mildly paranoid (second time)" camp.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The law and reality very different. Like prostitution. Getting high ganja has been made de facto legal except for insufferable literalists.

Very succinctly put. We were discussing this new law yesterday and one of the group is a big recreational smoker and he's already worked out what he can and can't do 'legally'. His 'good stuff' currently comes from Laos but he reckons it won't take the 'serious' smoker long to suss out quicker, cheaper and better local highs.

Not a huge fan of cannabis, I was prescribed it in 2014 and used it for a few months. 

But if you can't beat them you might as well join them, if money is to be made I may find a way to capitalize.

Although I may rethink living in Thailand/Bangkok depending how bad the cannabis usage gets, it's one of the reasons I left Canada.

• Haha 1