Thai Minister of Digital Economy warns that posting alleged crime pictures or videos online without involving police could violate new Personal Data Protection Act

webfact

Ok Mr. Thai Minister of Digital Economy and Society that never heard of you before, ( they have a ministry for that?) now that you have done your duty, continue to be in your obscurity and only come out to warn people of their wrong doing...

Edited by ezzra

Just now, Bert got kinky said:

Are they suggesting that if my wife posted a video showing me smoking a 20% joint inside my own house, I wont be arrested prosecuted for smoking the joint but she could end up in trouble for posting a video of the crime (without involving police)?

That's some pretty effed up stuff.

I started typing more, I would like to post some more on this subject but I'm not sure if any new censorship laws have been introduced while I am typing thiis.

Look over your shoulder a lot do you? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

This has nothing to do with the Joe Ferrari video clip of the police torture killing of a suspect. 

Move Along, People. 

I thought that was a superb example of why this statement is of concern!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

all citizens who record a picture or video of an alleged crime to only send it to law enforcement

who will ignore it if it concerns one of their own.  All new laws are enacted to benefit RTP; watch them feast on the new cannabis growers.

• Like 2

I follow the stories on Facebook of a member of the "Good Samaritans", the people who are helping victims in accidents and crimes, and publish pictures of the accident on Facebook.
On every thread, they put a disclaimer like this:

"Note: The presentation of images or content is not intended to disrespect or defame in any way. The images and content are posted for the publicity of the volunteer work of the Lang Suan Buddhist Association only. If there is any mistake, I apologize. Here as well."

I gues that this was the person/organisation asking the initial question.

So, following the repsonse of that "minister of another f..g.ninsense post" this will not be posted anymore and other good samaritans will not learn anything from an accident.

Welcome to the 21st century where trying to be good is illegal but you can commit any crime as you want.

Example of an accident description (with gory images) (translated by Google Translate):

???? 08/06/65 at 05:56 AM
Rescue Radio Center, Buddhist Association Lang Suan.
Been notified by : good citizen
Incident : Truck collided with truck
Area: U-turn Thai Chiang (South leg) To. Thamapla, District. Behind the garden. Chumphon
Rescue-rescue volunteers of Buddh Pratip Association Lang Suan. So, they went to investigate the incident. Found 2 injured people, 1 female, 1 male.
Number 1 female. Symptoms of tight chest pain. Feeling good.
Number 2 male. Symptoms. Left eyebrow scabbed wound and pickle pain on left rib. Feeling good.
First Aid was performed by the rescuers.
Rescuers-rescuers of Buddhism Association Lang Suan. So they can do the measurement.
Vital Signs, first pick.
Number 1
Blood pressure: 118 / 85 mm. Hg ( blood pressure )
P : 86 times / minute ( pulse )
RR : 20 tps/min ( breathing )
O2 Sat: 99% room. air ( oxygen in the body )
T : 36.6 degrees Celsius (Body Temperature)
DTX : ---- % ( blood sugar)
GCS ( Patient Sensitivity Level)
????E 4 ????V 5 ????????M 6
The 2nd one
BP: 174/74 mm. Hg ( blood pressure )
P : 78 times / minute ( pulse )
RR : 20 tps/min ( breathing )
O2 Sat: 98% room. air ( oxygen in the body )
T : 36.4 degrees Celsius (Body Temperature)
DTX : ---- % ( blood sugar)
GCS ( Patient Sensitivity Level)
????E 4 ????V 5 ????????M 6
Rescue staff of Buddh Pratip Lang Suan Association have moved the injured to the hospital. Behind the garden to keep it up หลัง(car no. Nurse 01 and the nurse Nurse 03 is carrying on )
️️Rescue Buddhist Association behind Suan ที️
???? Ambulance 01 01
???? Ambulance 02 ????
????Ambulance 03 03
????N. District 04 ????
????N. District 05 ????
????N. District 06 ????
ILLNESS-EMERGENCY CALL 077-541-246
Hotline 1669 ????
168.475 MHz frequency wave ????
Note: The presentation of images or content is not intended to disrespect or defame in any way. The images and content are posted for the publicity of the volunteer work of the Lang Suan Buddhist Association only. If there is any mistake, I apologize. Here as well

Two days ago I posted on FB a picture of a man and four (four!) boys on a motorbike, moving along, no helmets. Could the man object?

I have taken at least one pix of a dead person on the pavement from an accident and decided not to post it out of privacy concerns, though I believe like the dash cam disaster videos it might help make people think about the dangers out there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Are they suggesting that if my wife posted a video showing me smoking a 20% joint inside my own house, I wont be arrested prosecuted for smoking the joint but she could end up in trouble for posting a video of the crime (without involving police)?

That's some pretty effed up stuff.

I started typing more, I would like to post some more on this subject but I'm not sure if any new censorship laws have been introduced while I am typing thiis.

The answer to both your questions is No.

1)  In your own home you can smoke away until you heart is content. Doesn't matter what THC % your joint is as long as its being smoked at home and you are not smoking an extract - and even then who the hell cares - really??? 

2) As the Data Subject (ie the person being filmed) you decide if the 'criminal video' posted of you is worth prosecuting's your wife for.  Be a brave man who prosecutes his wife over a family video. However, in theory if someone (identifiable) posted a video if you in (for example) a drunken fight with a couple of lady boys and never sought your permission to post it (as the data subject) you could prosecute. 

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And if law enforcement are too damn lazy to do anything feel free to post it on social media to get them off the fat rear-ends.

I bet that's against against the law, too.

We all know by whom and for whom these laws are made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The police, politicians and army are all twitching at the moment in case they get caught in the act. 

Being exposed for what they really are is what they fear most.

This law lessens the likelihood of that happening.

I was saying that really.

So according to this new law the exposure of the Jo Ferrarri murder by publishing the videos on social media would have been illegal. The video was originally sent to the police superiors and ignored until published in social media. A very clever way of protecting the criminal element in the RTP and saving them embarrassment. One more loophole closed in protecting the upper class criminals

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RobU said:

Jo Ferrarri murder by publishing the videos on social media would have been illegal

Totally agree however in this case I'm thinking if the faces were blurred out prior to posting then you might be safe from prosecution. No harm no foul. I surpose new prese dents will have to be set as in time. Blurred faces may be the only way to get around this new law. 

• Like 1