Middle age lady nips off to the toilet and comes back with "evidence" of payment on phone - gets away with free meal

webfact

On 6/13/2022 at 4:34 PM, Peterphuket said:

That's because we use cash, but I mention last week "we are a dying breed".

Actually IMHO we are not a dying breed, but a sensible one. Living within your means is always a sound plan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2022 at 6:14 AM, hotandsticky said:

Luddite!

Try that in more developed countries - 'card only' has become the order of the day.

Tap and Go........................easy peasy  -  except in Thailand.

But this is not a more developed country but it is Thailand and long may it stay this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2022 at 4:58 AM, webfact said:

He said that three people - two women and a man - arrived on a motorcycle and after racking up a bill of 2,080 baht for dinner on Friday said they wanted to scan the payment.

Possibly they misheard and what the customers said was ''scam the payment''...

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...is how much then?"

Depends on the price of the product!   VAT is 7% and 7% is 7%.

The product costs 100 (input VAT of 7% included) and is collected by the vendor.
The credit card commission is 2% = 2 (output VAT is 7%) or 0.14% of the product price.

This is according to daily statements of my bank crediting credit card sales and hence of having sold 100 Baht I am getting 97.86 Baht as net credit. Difference is 2.14 Baht (2% of sales as commission and 7% VAT on commission - or 0.14% on the total sales)! 

I, in turn, have to pay 7% of my net earnings or some 6.86 Baht as my earning is not 100 Baht but 97.86 Baht only. 

At the end, the revenue department gets 6.86 Baht from my earnings and 0.14 Baht from the bank's (commission) earnings - simple as that! 

On 6/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, steven100 said:

Actually, you are right ... I just read it again and it is well presented,  it's just the pointing is a bit over the top don't you think ?  as we all know what a toilet looks like as well as a table and chairs.  

You never know, maybe somebody out there doesn't know what a toilet and table & chairs looks like, this bloke is just covering all the bases. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

But this is not a more developed country but it is Thailand and long may it stay this way.

My Mum visited from the UK recently, she was impressed with how we could pay for almost everything with a quick & simple scan, she said it's nothing like that back in blighty(I've no idea, thankfully I haven't needed to go back for years) 

So whomever is taking ages in the queue to pay for their goods is to blame - not the technology, the technology is just fine(and quick & simple). 

On 6/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, steven100 said:

Actually, you are right ... I just read it again and it is well presented,  it's just the pointing is a bit over the top don't you think ?  as we all know what a toilet looks like as well as a table and chairs.  

the pointing thing is what they do in Thailand for crime stuff so no it's not over the top it's normal.

why are you so desperate to have them change their culture because it doesn't conform to your norms?