PrikPot Sparks Thailand’s Online Cannabis Market

webfact

What does "organic" mean in the context of cultivating cannabis? Does it mean not hydroponic? I'm asking because someone I know used hydroponic cannabis and developed severe schizophrenic behaviours.....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Hang in there PrikPot.. you knew the "I can get it cheaper" guys would appear to give you a kicking...

Personally, i have another issue. I've already made two walk-in purchases for cash. Old habits die hard and even for the convenience of home delivery, I'm extremely reluctant to provide all my details for that convenience. So far..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can you buy from your Hang Dong address or is it mail order only?

6 hours ago, PrikPot said:

Sure, please send us an email and we will send you a map link, [email protected] 

What are the prices if you pick up the product in person? Or in other words how much of a discount would there be?

4 hours ago, taninthai said:

Why am I going to pay 700/800 a gram when can grow it yourself,,,needs to be priced more like 300 bht a gram

Sure, you can grow it yourself and buy all the required equipment, soil, lights, nutrients and then wait 4-6 months for the first crop. As mentioned earlier, prices will drop with time. It has only been 10 days since everyone was taken by surprise, so once the supply chain has stabilized, the prices will drop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OldPedro said:

What does "organic" mean in the context of cultivating cannabis? Does it mean not hydroponic? I'm asking because someone I know used hydroponic cannabis and developed severe schizophrenic behaviours.....

I am sure the "schizophrenic behaviours" was not due to hydroponic growing. ????

Our products are grown in-doors, so that means there are no pesticides and we do not use any PGRs (plant growth regulators), so it is 100% organic. Many of the cheaper versions available are grown outdoors, which makes it a lot cheaper to grow, but also produces a much lower yield unless they use pesticides and PGRs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Here is an example of a 100g block of buds offered for 1200 baht on FB, coming from Issan.

I don't know what the THC content is, but only just a pinch in a tea before bed, enables my ill wife to sleep without pain. A godsend.

I expect the prices to come down a lot more from here as it will become grown nearly in every home. Everything eventually approaches the marginal cost of production, unless supply is restricted.

IMG_3067.JPG

i tried to find the link the guy kindly sent to me but didnt find anything,  Shame as its what I like and the price is very good

So, you can advertise and sell/buy weed online but not beers, wines and spirits. Right. Dr. Steven Strange has a lot to answer for, all that f'ing about with the multiverse, he's left me in the wrong dimension.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Flink said:

So, you can advertise and sell/buy weed online but not beers, wines and spirits. Right. Dr. Steven Strange has a lot to answer for, all that f'ing about with the multiverse, he's left me in the wrong dimension.

is 7/11 to far for you to go ?

55 minutes ago, PrikPot said:

I am sure the "schizophrenic behaviours" was not due to hydroponic growing. ????

Our products are grown in-doors, so that means there are no pesticides and we do not use any PGRs (plant growth regulators), so it is 100% organic. Many of the cheaper versions available are grown outdoors, which makes it a lot cheaper to grow, but also produces a much lower yield unless they use pesticides and PGRs. 

Outdoor can give good yields. With the 6 plant rule outdoor is the future 

40j6119j40j31.webp

1 hour ago, Smithson said:

Outdoor can give good yields. With the 6 plant rule outdoor is the future 

40j6119j40j31.webp 107.02 kB · 3 downloads

Are you sure there is a 6 plant rule for indoor growing - nothing in the Royal Gazette about so far? Just that you should not sell to people under 20.

Seems to be open house on how many you can grow at home currently, I guess the bill that is on it's second reading in parliament will address it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

just wait a few weeks its all about to change.

there is a massive shortage coming and none of these people are prepared for it. 

Yeah, lot's of people don't understand the market dynamics, you obviously get it.

Thailand was already due a bumper high season when the covid restrictions were finally dropped.

Bring in legal weed and that puts the high season into overdrive.

Outdoor weed is not a patch on indoor weed and people are not coming here for average weed - they will want premium quality when on holiday and will happily pay for it.

There is Bob Hope, No Hope and and an Envelope that the Thai's will be able to produce enough quality indoor weed to service the demand this high season (sorry) so the price will rise as you say.

But they will catch up and flood the market with indoor weed around Q2 next year, it will be all downhill from there.

Interesting times.

• Thanks 1

I'm more of a fool for over priced exotic beers I suppose like Guinness or a nice 12% THC Imperial Stout. But alas, its illegal to sell those online since about two years ago supposedly because minors might order them we are told. Its interesting that it doesn't seem to matter if minors order ganja. I would say enjoy your mail order ganja while you can, someone in the government sponsored by the major brewing companies is bound to go on the war path against it soon enough if being unable to order beer online is anything to go by. Or did they recently relax about ordering alcohol? Nevermind, I suppose I can look it up myself.