Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 100,000 baht allegedly stolen by two transgender individuals in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Wow, 100k baht gold necklace. 

I'm looking forward to the 500,000 baht gold necklace theft by transgender.......news report. 

Won't be long. 

The gold price in Thai baht terms has shot up over the last month or two. I also thought they had caught the culprits recently. 

36 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I do wonder why these Indians pack their luggage for a visit to another 3rd world country and decide it's a good idea to bring along some jewelry. I'd personally leave my $3000 dollar necklace at home.

It's a bit like leaving your belongings in pawn when you don't need them.... they are safer there than at home. 

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

Hard to believe insurance companies fall for this. "I was just walking at 1.30 am with my 100k necklace and it was stolen".

Well we don't know if they do or not do we ?  This Indian scam is relatively a new one so by the time these tricksters get back to India , file a claim only then does the insurance company do something. Now most insurance do not work that quick and make instant payments so perhaps as only these scams have happened in the last 6 - 8 weeks perhaps they either have not yet paid out, or else will not pay out.

Doubt the scammers will go public and admit that they didn't get a payout so hence until that is widely known,  more and more of these tricksters will continue to make such claims.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

I think the more relevant question is; How many tour operators in India are selling packages with travel insurance under the "free holiday in Thailand" scheme?

Somehow I would be surprised if insurances pay for this - but maybe I am wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do Indian tourists read or watch news?

And do they use their brain to act according to those news?

More like they are following the same paint-by-numbers free holiday scam method posted out there.....