BREAKING NEWS ! Boris Johnson to resign as Prime Minister

CharlieH

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Each was underway before he took over. To the best of my knowledge, none of the 'New' hospitals he promised have even been started and 2030 will be with us before we know it.

A quick websearch and you can find out that progress is under way in building new hospitals 

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/even-pandemic-delivering-manifestos-still-matters

Chart showing that most new hospitals will be in the South West

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Yes, still nothing important. Whatever is said to the bunch of liars in parliament is really not important. 

Your reference to international law I guess relates to the hated Northern Ireland Protocol. Now that really is important but Boris has not done anything about it yet. There would be no breaking of the international law you allude to. Simple application of a provision within the existing contractual agreement. The sooner Boris (or anybody else) does it, the better. 

Wrt breaking international law, it was a reference to Grant Schapps standing up in parliament and stating that a provision which would be introduced would break international law "in a limited and very specific way".

I don't imagine that you see the hypocrisy and irony in deriding some Remainers as anti-democratic for not accepting the result of the Brexit, while in the next breath dismissing the supreme (democratically elected) legislative body (Parliament) as unimportant.

Edited by RayC
Missing word
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

No. With Johnson at the helm, they will continue to pick fights. Brexit is a disaster, so they need to blame everyone else for their own failings.

Johnson isn't at the helm......actually Johnson will do anything to make himself popular - that would include doing deals with the EU to improve the UK economy.

24 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Johnson isn't at the helm......actually Johnson will do anything to make himself popular - that would include doing deals with the EU to improve the UK economy.

Who is at 10 Downing Street? 

Get back to me once he has gone. 

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You can find all that info in the link provided 

I looked and it's not immediately apparent (to me at least) where to find that info?

It's a relatively straightforward question: Are all the hospital projects (referred to in the bar chart) new hospital builds? It's a 'Yes' or 'No' answer.

Just now, RayC said:

I looked and it's not immediately apparent (to me at least) where to find that info?

It's a relatively straightforward question: Are all the hospital projects (referred to in the bar chart) new hospital builds? It's a 'Yes' or 'No' answer.

Would you like me to do a websearch for you and see what pops up and then post the links on here so you can see ?

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This just came up on my YouTube page.

I don't know the guy. But it seems he has the perfect words to describe the situation. Enjoy!

Jonathan Pie is brilliant.

If he ever gets bored of satire, he could do the same act and get a job at Channel 4 ????.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Each was underway before he took over. To the best of my knowledge, none of the 'New' hospitals he promised have even been started and 2030 will be with us before we know it.

Well soon after getting elected by a big majority with the pandemic costs and now supporting costs of consumer bills and funding a war instead of your own population what do you expect him to do go to the money tree forest.

• Like 2

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Lots of new candidates putting their name forward for Bojos job, I wonder who will be next for a carractor asaination by the media. 

Well most of them are two faced hypocrites anyway so it makes no difference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Are you an insider, have you been told or have a link to that, or is it just another lefty below the belt dig....?  ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Bent bananas not a Euro-myth after all

"Yet it now turns out that, by the EU’s own admission, there were rules specifying the maximum permitted curvature of bananas. Now, Commission Regulation Number 2257/94, which lays down that bananas must be “free from abnormal curvature of the fingers”, is to be scrapped.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100610102213/http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/5705717/Bent_bananas_not_a_Euromyth_after_all/

That's some classic selective quoting and subsequent mischaracterisation, right there.

If you read the full text of EU regulation 2257/94 while it does contain the phrase about abnormal curvature, there are two points to be made.

Firstly, before the list in which that phrase appears, it says that all the primary listed requirements are "subject to the special provisions for each class."

And when you get to the sections on Class 1 and Class 2 bananas, it says that they can have defects of shape.

So, like the later legislation, it's actually only the premium (or "Extra" class bananas as the regulations call them) that have to be "free from abnormal curvature."

Secondly, even saying that Extra class bananas must be free from abnormal curvature, does not mean they can't be curved - in fact, it logically means that they can be curved.

Commission Regulation 2257/94

Another fail from the Torygraph, I'm afraid.

35 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's some classic selective quoting and subsequent mischaracterisation, right there.

If you read the full text of EU regulation 2257/94 while it does contain the phrase about abnormal curvature, there are two points to be made.

Firstly, before the list in which that phrase appears, it says that all the primary listed requirements are "subject to the special provisions for each class."

And when you get to the sections on Class 1 and Class 2 bananas, it says that they can have defects of shape.

So, like the later legislation, it's actually only the premium (or "Extra" class bananas as the regulations call them) that have to be "free from abnormal curvature."

Secondly, even saying that Extra class bananas must be free from abnormal curvature, does not mean they can't be curved - in fact, it logically means that they can be curved.

Commission Regulation 2257/94

Another fail from the Torygraph, I'm afraid.

How very sad - ....am=nd that is your justification for leaving the EU? - for years and years, the only thing Brexiteers can come up with is the curved banana cliche'd misinterpretation,,,seriously??

Edited by Thunglom
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you an insider, have you been told or have a link to that, or is it just another lefty below the belt dig....?  ????

As ever, totally out of touch with whatever the topic is about, but it doesn't stop you from posting, does it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

As ever, totally out of touch with whatever the topic is about, but it doesn't stop you from posting, does it?

We will forget the first bit, that's usually from those in a corner....????

I will as again, have you insider info on Boris making deals with the EU to improve the UK economy, or do anything to make himself more popular....?

If your info came from Dianne Abbott, don't bother....????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

How very sad - ....and that is your justification for leaving the EU? - for years and years, the only thing Brexiteers can come up with is the curved banana cliche'd misinterpretation,,,seriously??

Not quite sure what you're saying here. Maybe you're confused about which side of the debate I'm on?

I was pointing out that the Brexit-leaning Telegraph's article about EU regulations was misleading, and EU regulations did not outlaw curved bananas as the Brexiteers would have us believe.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Glad we settled that one amicably.

Now, what about Boris's claim that the EU wanted to ban the great British shrimp cocktail flavoured potato crisp?

The E,U banned the food colouring artithrazine  and Prawn cocktail crisps contained artithrazine and were banned , until they found an alternative food colouring .

So Boris was correct when he stated Prawn cocktail crisps had been banned , although I seem to recall that it was Worcester sauce crisps that were banned (maybe both were )

Thanks for the back story but that only proves that Johnson incorrectly claimed was lying that the EU were specifically banning the prawn cocktail crisp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for the back story but that only proves that Johnson incorrectly claimed was lying that the EU were specifically banning the prawn cocktail crisp.

He wasn't only hi-jacked with a cake then how interesting. ????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

Then why was he chosen as the PM by the British people?

Prime minister means 'prime'.

But the "British people" didn't chose Boris Johnson. They chose candidates from the Conservative party. It's Johnson himself that feeding your confusion about what the vote of the "British people" actually means.

You're aware that he has only relinquished the leadership of the Conservatives. He still thinks he has a man's work to do as PM because that's what the "British people" voted for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Could you post a link to that ?

(Hope you are not lying whilst accusing others of lying )