Pelosi’s disastrous legacy

webfact

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I'm sure the Taiwanese fisherman and fruit farmers will take great comfort from that.

Pelosi only destroyed their businesses. 

Taiwan government must have heard your sympathetic squeal and will provide help for the industry impacted by the sanction. 

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2022/08/04/2003782953

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Yes I am sure the US made their usual reassurances, before abandoning them as other issues take priority.

I'm sure you know the examples.

Good luck Taiwan, Pelosi will have another pet project/photo opp to amuse her next week while you pick up the pieces of the sanctions for years.

Taiwan Semiconductor makes the most advanced chips in the world. Reason enough to defend Taiwan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

What a narcissist.

Stirring up political tensions and  instigating Chinese sanctions on Taiwanese businesses for what? Her ego and imagined political legacy. 

Pelosi is a disgrace. A total disgrace.

Were Nixon's statements to China about Taiwan not a disgrace?

How Nixon’s fabled trip to China, 50 years ago this week, led to today’s Taiwan crisis

“Taiwan = Vietnam = trade-off,” Nixon wrote at one point, outlining his thinking. “[Taiwan’s] status is determined — one China, Taiwan is part of China. [We] won’t support Taiwan independence.”

What Nixon and Kissinger hoped to get from China was help in ending the Vietnam War — that is, help in persuading North Vietnam to make a peace settlement.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2022-02-21/richard-nixon-henry-kissinger-trip-to-china-50th-anniversary-taiwan-vietnam-war

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes I am sure the US made their usual reassurances, before abandoning them as other issues take priority.

I'm sure you know the examples.

Good luck Taiwan, Pelosi will have another pet project/photo opp to amuse her next week while you pick up the pieces of the sanctions for years.

Nonsense.

You know Taiwan wanted this visit, if not it wouldn't have taken place. 

Now if the previous administration had undertaken this you would have applauded, but with a democrat you're condemning it. Biased much?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Nonsense.

You know Taiwan wanted this visit, if not it wouldn't have taken place. 

Now if the previous administration had undertaken this you would have applauded, but with a democrat you're condemning it. Biased much?

The former president-elect of the previous administration called Taiwan's president before he was even sworn in.  No fuss from the Team Orange adherents about that.  "Biased much?" indeed!

https://thediplomat.com/2016/12/trumps-taiwan-phone-call-china-reacts/

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 1:19 AM, Hanaguma said:

Politicians like Pelosi, Biden, McConnell are perfect poster children for the need for two things;

a/ Mandatory retirement ages

b/ Mandatory term limits

in the US goernment.    There is no reason on God's green earth why dinosaurs like this need to linger in Washington for decades.  They need to find gainful employment that doesn't involve sticking their collective snouts into the huge slopping trough of money known as Washington.

I propose: retirement at 70, or at the end of your current term of office if already 70. Max service of one re-election at each level. This would give a max possible time in Washington of 24 years.  Surely that is enough.

Do you really think that people in Congress are going to vote themselves out of a job?  The proposal been tried before and never got anywhere. 

• Like 1