Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Circling back to "why would he" are you?

It doesn't matter why he would.  He did.  He kept these documents that did not belong to him, he failed to keep highly classified material properly secured, returned some but not all when all were requested, had his lawyer lie about not having any classified, etc. 

"Why would he?" is not a defense in court.

Yes, in fact, it can be a defense in court.

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I question whether Trump received any intelligence briefings of significance after January 6.  I hope not.

The only interest Trump would have in intelligence briefings now is if he could make money off it.  I don't think I'm exaggerating. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Bush receives them.

Carter receives them.

Obama receives them.

Clinton receives them. 

What I didn't know until today........... which I acknowledged above...........  is that Biden decided that Trump shouldn't  receive them.......... the first ever former President to be so denied.

Be that as it may, if Biden has decided that he should never consult with Trump, he's being foolish. A President has to consider things that no one else has to consider. Having an opportunity to consult with someone who's been in the same position, is invaluable........... regardless of who they are.

Good information is good information, regardless of the source!

"Good information is good information, regardless of the source!"

I would imagine they weren't interested in his lover affair with Kim anymore since National Archives retrieved the letters in Jan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This is a discussion forum, it’s not any part of deliberations within the criminal Justice system.

The presumption of innocence is not applicable to personal opinions and personal opinions differ.

Please try to come to terms with this.

Oh I have come to terms with it. It was actually the very point I was making. I'm glad we can agree that many of the "Progressives" on this forum have decided he is guilty before there is due process. They haven't even seen any evidence yet.

Doesn't sound very 'progressive' to me. But then, neither does CRT and other outdated nonsense pushed by the "Liberals". 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Bush receives them.

Carter receives them.

Obama receives them.

Clinton receives them. 

What I didn't know until today........... which I acknowledged above...........  is that Biden decided that Trump shouldn't  receive them.......... the first ever former President to be so denied.

Be that as it may, if Biden has decided that he should never consult with Trump, he's being foolish. A President has to consider things that no one else has to consider. Having an opportunity to consult with someone who's been in the same position, is invaluable........... regardless of who they are.

Good information is good information, regardless of the source!

And bad information is best avoided.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Maybe you should just answer the rather simple question being asked, instead of being so sensitive/defensive.

Don't try to blame me for your own bad behavior. How I responded is not the point. Your bad behavior is the point. In a world of Cause and Effect, it's Cause  that earns the blame, not Effect!

Ultimately, you didn't get an answer your question.......... because your decision to be snarky proved you didn't deserve  an answer. 

Pffft!

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

OK, it didn't take me too long.

The second post of the attached thread, calling for him to be locked up hours after news of the raid broke.

Post 6 saying they wouldn't have done the raid unless they had good reason.

Post 7 saying the FBI must be damned sure a crime had been committed otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Post 12 stating it is another case of treason.

That's 4 examples in  the first 12 posts. Continue to read it if you need more.

Show me in this OP, not another OP....you really went the distance to prove you were right when in reality you have not shown in this OP you are.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Hard to treat someone serious when that someone stared at the solar eclipse or wanted to buy Greenland and nuking hurricane as a solution. There are more but I will be kind and stop here. 

Someone back in the past

stared at a solar eclipse

and discovered that they shouldn't have; that it could blind them, fully or partially.

Should everyone thereafter who is considering looking at a solar eclipse............NOT talk to this poor sap that blinded himself, to find out what went wrong, and why?

Trump has been President of the United States. He equates to 20% of the people alive who have ever had that job: 1 of 5. 

When there are only 5 people in the world who know what you're up against ........... shunning one of them is foolish! Even if that one is a buffoon like Trump!

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I think it is appropriate to comment on the current state of the former Party of Lincoln, the repubs.

They are 100% a cult of personality. Nothing more. Then have no policy, no philosophy, they stand for nothing other than 45, and they have no concept or concern for the ideals upon which the US was built. It's a Cult only.

National security? They couldn't care less. Recklessness with classified material is only bad if it's HRC; 45 can do whatever he wants, jeopardize natsec to his heart's content, and repubs do not care. If russia attacked the US, repubs would side with putin. Certainly 45 would, because he's a traitor.

Democracy? They hate it and have spent the last couple of years trying to wipe out democracy in the US.

Rule of law?  Meaningless to them. They try to get away with crimes, like sedition, insurrection, voter fraud, even manufacturing fake electors. They think they are above the law, hence their snowflake cries and claiming of victimhood when the DoJ and FBI do their jobs.

Fiscal conservatism? LOL. 45 ran up $7,000,000,000,000 in new debt in his 4 years, exacerbated by the tax cut for the Donor Class.

Freedom? They hate it if it is someone else's. repubs love big and intrusive govt that goes into the bedroom and into women's bodies.

repubs believe in autocracy, self-dealing, drinking from the Taxpayer trough, and worship of an individual, especially a wildly flawed individual with zero character or integrity or morality.

Everyone from Lincoln to Howard Baker is likely rolling over in their graves seeing the cesspool that the repub party has become.

All sounds like a near perfect description of the democrats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Show me in this OP, not another OP....you really went the distance to prove you were right when in reality you have not shown in this OP you are.

Actually, I said "a large number of people on this thread would do well to bear this in mind". 

As you will no doubt note, the people who made those comments on the other thread are also present on this thread. So your point, while extremely pedantic, is also moot.

Not a bad effort though... ???? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1