Savlon Antiseptic Cream.

up2you2

My two tubes of Savlon Antiseptic Cream from England are nearly finished.

Does anybody know of a stockist here in Thailand please?

Failing that what is the best alternative here locally?

118678011_0_640x640.jpg

Edited by up2you2
  • Like 2

You could  get Dettol cream here ,but Boots stopped selling it

for some reason, B790 for Savion cream is very expensive ,I

get my daughter to send me some ,along with a couple of

other things you cannot get here,

regards worgeordie 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

My question too- or Germolene. Basically Thailand  does not really 'do' antiseptic  cream. Antibiotic  yes and anti bacterial yes. However  I found this Bepanthen Antiseptic  cream very similar  to savlon.

20220830_222946.jpg

Ahhh, Germolene. The smell alone.... not seen it here though. A number of antiseptic creams on Lazada.

Edited by bradiston
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You could  get Dettol cream here ,but Boots stopped selling it

for some reason, B790 for Savion cream is very expensive ,I

get my daughter to send me some ,along with a couple of

other things you cannot get here,

regards worgeordie 

Savlon Antiseptic Cream -30g | Lazada.co.th

or directly from the Britishop website:

Savlon Antiseptic Cream -30g at BritiShop, Thailand

(if you order from Britishop it's best not to mix frozen and items you don't want frozen in the same order.  They will arrive in a foam box with dry ice and all frozen.  Also when ordering items that are sold by weight they never give you the updated price like it says they will.)

Edited by rwill

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

210bht delivery fee puts me off buying from BritiShop.

I think that fee is because they sell a lot of frozen items and send them in a foam chest packed with dry ice.  See the note I added to my post.  So, yes, in this case best to buy from them through Lazada.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

210bht delivery fee puts me off buying from BritiShop.

Maybe that depends, is the 210Bt the charge for every item you order, or is it 210Bt even if you order several items? With Lazada, you have individual charges with each item.

I do not like Lazada with so many of their sellers very questionable. I wish I could find an alternative, but not Shopee with their dreadful website.

I am going to look into Britishop. but not it they charge 210Bt for each item.

My first step would be to ask a pharmacist for an antiseptic cream.  A good one will have a book of available medicines (probably on-line now days) that they can check.  Check the largest pharmacy available.

It isn't what you asked for but the antiseptic Betadine is available in an ointment.  You can probably get it an most pharmacies or from Lazada.

Lazada - Betadine Ointment

For what it is worth, a cream is water based and uses a water soluble thickener, so it can be rinsed off with water.  An ointment is grease based and is water proof so you generally rub it off.  It is is a good idea to use soap and water to get the last traces off of either a cream or ointment before applying more.

Toothpaste can be used to treat any oozy skin irritations like bug bites, athlete's foot and even blisters. It;s a disinfectant, antiseptic and fungicide. Toothpaste will stop itching and reduce swelling when applied topically. It dries up blisters if applied before bed, healing you while you sleep.Nov 23, 2552 BE

https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-events/toothpaste-not-just-for-brushing/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padthaigoong said:

I purchased 100g savlon from my local Asda in the UK recently and it cost me £3.50 or approx 150 Baht so they are making a massive mark up on that one.

.. and the beer at your local pub/Lidl is cheaper too. 

12 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Toothpaste can be used to treat any oozy skin irritations like bug bites, athlete's foot and even blisters. It;s a disinfectant, antiseptic and fungicide. Toothpaste will stop itching and reduce swelling when applied topically. It dries up blisters if applied before bed, healing you while you sleep.Nov 23, 2552 BE

Same goes for Head and Shoulders shampoo. Cures athlete's foot.

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Toothpaste is not a fungicide, and the sugar it usually contains is nto a wise thing to apply to a fungal infection.

16 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

A few? years ago Sheryl posted the names of about 6 Thai creams with the same ingredients as Savlon.

I visited about 5 pharmacies in Bangkok but none of them had heard or stocked these creams.  I suspect there is a ban on the ingredients  used in Savlon.

There is certainly no ban on either Cetrimide or Chlorhexidine, which are what Savlon contains. Registered brands here include:

Chlorhex C 

Septol-C

You can easily buy Savlon brand itself in Thailand   through Lazada and Shoppee

https://shopee.co.th/Savlon-Antiseptic-Cream-75gr-i.439044713.10929321085

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Savlon&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.11257f6dhz5HyJ