Cat burglar electrocuted after climbing up outside of Sukhumvit Road hotel - anti-theft wire got him

webfact

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Is that not a crime here ?

The law says you may take any measures to protect valuables on your property.

But maybe considered illegal (internationally) to connect 240v to an electric fence.

He wouldn't have got (gotten if one wants to give away one's nationality but that's a different thread) burns from a properly installed electric fence/window bars

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

burglar being killed by an anti-theft device.

back home I think you can only match the threat.   If nobody home, you can't hurt them at all.  no traps, nothing, because you are not in danger.

But in Thailand, you can probably have trap doors to the Alligator pit!!!   There should at least be a sign..............try to break in, you will die!!!!    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

How can that be allowed?! 

Can I run an electric wire around my garden wall to kill the person who  limbs over to nick my mangos?  

Possibly if it is not in a position that someone outside of your area could reasonably touch it and that you have clear signs posted informing the public that you have an electrified fence. Having said that you would need clear legal advice. I am only guessing on what I have said.

Cat burglar electrocuted after climbing up outside of Sukhumvit Road hotel - anti-theft wire got him.

Are they running 220V though their "anti-theft wire" or any voltage capable of killing?  If so it's murder.
I'm not condoning the thief, but if I ran home voltage along the barbed wire at my home and someone got electrocuted?
Guess what would happen?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai farmers are known to protect their fields by running 220V wire around their fields to kill rats.

Occasionally these 220V wires get a person who doesn't know about the wire or isn't carefully enough.  A monetary compensation to the family and all is forgiven.

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Is that not a crime here ? , spikes or some other non lethal method might

have been a better choice , while I don't condone burglars ,seems a bit extreme.

regards  worgeordie

The burglar took the risk. There is no valid reason to climb that wall.

At least we can be sure he will never do it again. And maybe some other would-be burglars will learn from this - but I wouldn't bet on that.

Personally, I think a burglar should not be killed on purpose by a human. But that is not what happened here. I guess it's called bad risk assessment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

How can that be allowed?! 

Can I run an electric wire around my garden wall to kill the person who  limbs over to nick my mangos?  

Might be worth a try. News would travel around the area quickly. One way to deal with desperados. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The burglar took the risk. There is no valid reason to climb that wall.

At least we can be sure he will never do it again. And maybe some other would-be burglars will learn from this - but I wouldn't bet on that.

Personally, I think a burglar should not be killed on purpose by a human. But that is not what happened here. I guess it's called bad risk assessment. 

But the burglar did not know there was a risk , maybe risk of of falling .....

I am sure there has been reports of farmers ,using electricity to protect

their crops , fish ponds , and they have been brought up on charges , but

a hotel can maybe get away with it ....

regards worgeordie

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Is that not a crime here ? , spikes or some other non lethal method might

have been a better choice , while I don't condone burglars ,seems a bit extreme.

regards  worgeordie

If he had instead stayed on the ground, nothing had happen...:whistling: