Indian man agrees to pay 200k baht to dance teacher over inappropriate touch on Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

38 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sex Capital, World!!!!!!!!! 

Source? 

Where are you getting your information from? 

Lol my information comes from traveling the world and looking into the sex activities in everyone of those cities.

Where does your info come from?...no you dont offer any contradictional information just question mine. hmmm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope....  his nationality is irrelevant with regards to a person going out into an area well known for its 'hedonistic and wild vibe’ and being shocked when people behave poorly.

Perhaps it is because the guy was Indian that the lady took so much affront...  

Irrelevant perhaps, it should not have happened anyway.

But... how ‘severe’ was the inappropriate touch?... a slap on the backside or a full on motorboating !!!

200,000 baht is extortionate... But.. if it happened to my Wife...  hmmm.. Who am I kidding?, my Wife would never been seen dead in an area like that...  Why?... because this is the sort of thing that can happen. 

The outstanding question remains: ‘what was the inappropriate touch’  ???? 

Expand  

What, so a woman should not be able to walk in whatever public place she wants, without the need to accept that in some places it´s ok to break the law? Is that a sound opinion?

Does it matter how severe it was, when it was unwanted? Are you saying like that because the need to protect the male race?

Now we all know what a good and respectable wife you have. Wonder where you met her. However, the agreement to pay 200k is very good. Maybe it will scare others that think such behavoir is ok.

Answers covered in a post you chose not to quote (below) - perhaps there’s not sufficient room on your virtue signalling soapbox to entertain balance. 

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

For the record - I believe anyone should be free to go anywhere they please (legally) and be free from inappropriate and illegal behaviour. 

At the same time, I also believe people have to be realistic and look after themselves.

The issue is somewhat more complex than the ‘black and white’ arguments we have read in the other thread...  Life exists beyond absolutes of the black and white world of right and wrong... Life exists in the grey area, issues become multifaceted, they overlap, intertwine, there is accountability... 

In this case the behaviour of the man was clearly wrong, but the lady also carries a certain amount or moral accountability to herself for placing herself in such an area in the first place.  

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but that is the reality of the real world beyond absolutes. 

"...would still be charged with causing chaos in public...of a fine up to 5,000 baht. ''  not condoning his actions but 'Chaos' ? so would would have happened if he just refused to pay her compensation, I mean, gets charged pays the fine, and goes home, she would have to bring a civil case against him, can one be detained in Thailand for that ??

7 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:
12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Great article Tanakorn Panyadee, let's make these women aware that they can report these offenders. 

Should be more of these women come forward and report these offenders. 

I am quite sure that now the going rate is an extortionate 200,000 the floodgates will open?????

I think its going to be called the  “Me too-hundred thousand baht” movement... :whistling:

Just now, JackGats said:

I hope this is not going to set a trend in Thailand of women getting money from men by "being abused/assaulted". I'd much rather women got money from men by trading sex.

You should agree a price before you begin touching . 

Don't handle if you aren't going to make a purchase 

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

500 baht is more than enough to be entertained by a beach road girl, anything more than that is juts giving your money away for no reason. Perhaps the rest is for a tip, depending on the service?

I am not on Beach Road to entertain the girls, I am there because I like to look at them and have a blether if they approach me. I never approach them though there is the odd time a girl would approach me a second or third time even though she knew I was not going to let them "go with me".

There would be no time I was going to Walking Street when I never go into the bars.

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its quite different when you are in an establishment that offers prostitution , there groping can be seen as being part of their job and that's why you go there for .

Its a different situation when a person is  in public and isn't in the sex trade

Yep, you clearly have never been to Pattaya! ROTFLMAO.

Edited by Seismic
mistype.
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya — An Indian man agreed to pay a Thai dance teacher 200,000 baht over an inappropriate touch on Pattaya Walking Street yesterday night, but police said he would still get charged as well.

So presumably he won't pay her anything then?  Isn't the whole point of paying to make the charges go away?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sambum said:

"Pattaya — An Indian man agreed to pay a Thai dance teacher 200,000 baht over an inappropriate touch on Pattaya Walking Street"

"to which the victim agreed."

Says it all!

She may be wiping her butt with double toilet paper for many years to come, For Free.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So presumably he won't pay her anything then?

The 200k would include her compensation and the police service fee. Our shrewdest "insider" ANF Posters don't regard police service fees as service fees, however. Now they can be rather questionable sometimes.????

57 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Isn't the whole point of paying to make the charges go away?

Not the causing chaos charge. You don't want a Thai woman getting chaotic. All the male police officers know what a menace that is. Got enough chaos as is, no?

Only a little bit more, and no jail time, though.

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its quite different when you are in an establishment that offers prostitution , there groping can be seen as being part of their job and that's why you go there for .

Its a different situation when a person is  in public and isn't in the sex trade

There in lies the crux of this case. In the minds of most male tourists here establishment is properly defined as Thailand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ed strong said:
4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sex Capital, World!!!!!!!!! 

Source? 

Where are you getting your information from? 

Lol my information comes from traveling the world and looking into the sex activities in everyone of those cities.

Sample size........too small.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Quite right!

Considering no details are forthcoming, only he touched her inappropriately, it does raise the question what exactly did take place?

Whatever, the princely amount of 200,000 baht is an absolute outrage and one can only assume the "villain" must have been coerced into agreeing to this amount or terrible things will happen? We will never know?

Normally any CCTV footage is published, but not in this case, which raises more questions?

Another oddity is that it seems this "villain" was apprehended in short order after the CCTV footage was obtained, was this just good luck on the BIB's part?

Conclusion, very fishy, but certainly a good pay day for the dance teacher and the BIB, who jointly lifted a large sum from the Indian gentleman.!

Am now waiting for a similar situation to happen again as obviously other people will catch on!????

all of what you said is irrelevant ....

the guy was set up  !!     period  ... !

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

As others have said it's an absolute extortionate amount of money.

Possibly they're making an example of this guy. As Indian men are known for sexually assaulting women in India, Thai authorities may want to be sure the growing number of Indian tourists don't get the idea they can get away with it here, too, given the relatively free atmosphere of Pattaya.

Many here would like to believe that "unknown circumstances" would be in the perp's favor--to denigrate the woman, portraying her as a ho', and the police, of course--but the opposite could also be true. Be nice to see the video; the police may release it at some point; but it may be thought too embarrassing to a seemingly respectable woman. Besides, a settlement has been reached. 

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Every woman in Pattaya is a prostitute and can be felt up anytime someone wants a grope ?

What a terrible thing to say about Pattaya! However on walking street...............................................

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Answers covered in a post you chose not to quote (below) - perhaps there’s not sufficient room on your virtue signalling soapbox to entertain balance. 

Yeah, must be great to imply one thing in one post, and cover eventualities in another. Good job. Would be better to stand for what you post instead.