Thai Baht heads to near 37 Baht/US$, as BoT defends its use of $19 billion in defending the currency

webfact

Still waiting for the days when 40 BHT will be one USD as It was when I had to flee my nomadic living in Europe to Thailand. I have also witnessed the dark days when one US was mere 29 BHT. More importantly I am waiting for interest rate to go up so that I can borrow money from CC at 3-4% and earn in saving at 6% as I used to before the 2008 housing crash. 100K borrowed from CC at 3% used to net me 2,000 USD or 80,000 BHT at 40 BHT per USD with zero risk. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Because many of my students from Mahidol were going to the UK to get degrees from places like Oxford Brookes, which is third rate, as are a lot of the former polytechnics that got a facelift a decade or so ago. I've held full time faculty positions in Germany, the US, and Thailand. I've seen what happens. There is a pipeline from Thailand to the UK for worthless graduate degrees. 

Name the studies then that are worthless in which these degrees are being classed as by you please?  Should be interesting to know what you consider as a worthless degree, such as art...etc...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The one percenters  in Thailand who buy property, businesses, and sports teams in the West. And who pay excessive tuition for their children to go to Western universities for third rate graduate degrees.

And importers! That Chateau Lafite / Mercedes aint cheap you know....

• Like 1