Thus it was, and thus it is

StreetCowboy

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Never get away with those teeth today as a performer.???? 1968 was so different, "those were the days my friend"

Sponsored by Paul McCartney, her teeth could have been fixed. But she decided that this show biz circus was not for her. She dropped out voluntarely. Don't know what happened to her.

Same with Julie Cristie ("Lara" in Dr. Zhiwago. Alongside with Omar Sharif). She too had no use for the show biz circus. AFAIK she worked as a nurse for many years afterwards.

Respect, I say.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, swissie said:

Sponsored by Paul McCartney, her teeth could have been fixed. But she decided that this show biz circus was not for her. She dropped out voluntarely. Don't know what happened to her.

Same with Julie Cristie ("Lara" in Dr. Zhiwago. Alongside with Omar Sharif). She too had no use for the show biz circus. AFAIK she worked as a nurse for many years afterwards.

Respect, I say.

Agree that her heart was not in it. I saw her live, and Peter Sarstedt was the supporting act. He garnered way more applause than she got.

Those of us who spent years in the pub culture will easily relate to being good times, and yes there is a certain invincibility and expectation that those good times continue to roll, and they can, but its not the easy task one considers when young ???? 

Those were the days, young and carefree, but adapting with age, having a flexible and brave approach to life, can ensure more similar good days follow, and one is not consigned to live solely on past memories for enjoyment