Biden suggests voting for Republicans is a threat to democracy

onthedarkside

Biden's highest responsibility, as president, is to protect the country and its Constitution, institutions and people.

If he sees a real threat to those things including the U.S. system of democracy -- as evidenced by the election denyers and insurrectionists and would-be election stealers -- then he'd be failing in his responsibility as president to not warn against such things.

I'd rather a president who tells the truth, much more often than Trump, as opposed to telling people what he thinks they want to hear or making up unsubstantiated rubbish, as often was Trump's custom.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Biden's highest responsibility, as president, is to protect the country and its Constitution, institutions and people.

If he sees a real threat to those things including the U.S. system of democracy

Wouldn't banning a candidate actually be a threat to democracy ?

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

'd rather a president who tells the truth, much more often than Trump, as opposed to telling people what he thinks they want to hear or making up unsubstantiated rubbish, as often was Trump's custom.

You suggesting Biden "tells the truth"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, candide said:

Did they try to overturn the vote?

Well , they suspected fraudulent activities had occurred and they wanted an investigation to make sure the vote was fair .

Point being they could try and overturn any future elections results if they have the suspicion that irregularities occurred , regardless whether they won or not  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You point was that people shouldn't vote for the Republicans , because they could try and overturn the election result.......................if they won????

My point, which you perfectly understood, was that if election deniers and/or who have been ok to overturn election results are elected in 2022, they will be in a position to overturn the next elections (ex 2024). They may refuse to certify elections, etc...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , they suspected fraudulent activities had occurred and they wanted an investigation to make sure the vote was fair .

Point being they could try and overturn any future elections results if they have the suspicion that irregularities occurred , regardless whether they won or not  

To which post are you replying?

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Perhaps that is because the press is the friend of the Democratic Party. 

Not if you are smart enough to recognize and reject the fact-lite/opinion-heavy pundit program nonsense that too many people think is news.  I suggest reading reputable news sources.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad some of us are so confident in their double-standards to post with such transparent hypocrisy.

I'm somewhat shocked that last bit in blue wasn't edited out from the quotes! I mean, it just doesn't 100% fit with the bit before and after the quotes does it? ^_^

image.png.92eee62d92edfde6c5ef65e44d9f40ab.png

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

34 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I'm glad some of us are so confident in their double-standards to post with such transparent hypocrisy.

I'm somewhat shocked that last bit in blue wasn't edited out from the quotes! I mean, it just doesn't 100% fit with the bit before and after the quotes does it? ^_^

image.png.92eee62d92edfde6c5ef65e44d9f40ab.png

You don't know the difference between 41% and 23%?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump will reveal his involvement when he testify under oath to the Jan 6 committee. Just appear and state the fact that he has no part in the insurrection. . 

LOL. It's likely that after the 8th there will be no Jan 6 committee, ergo no need to testify to anything.

• Love It 1

17 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Biden and the Democrats failed in their attempt to push January 6 as an election issue.  They are just realizing it now but far too late in the campaign. 

and lucky for the GOP. Given how close the polls are, they might have had a chance if they stuck to what the populace care about.

3 days to go!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You'll find the only people keeping the lie going on a daily basis despite 64 court cases showing no evidence are Trump, MAGA. QAnon and conspiracy theorists. For Biden to bring up his suggestion that voting for Republicans is a threat to democracy is more than appropriate.

Just keep telling yourself that after the GOP takes the house ( hopefully ), and all those "get Trump" committees go away.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pomchop said:

so the next time somebody sprays you  repeatedly with bear spray or pepper spray or tries to kick you in the head be sure and tell them that u don't see any weapons so go right ahead and spray and bash away..maybe u should look up the definition of coup

Having been involved with Thailand for decades I know very well what a coup is. It's not a demonstration followed by a riot.

The lack of any military involvement on the side of those accused of fomenting a coup would be significant, would you not agree?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1