New Pattaya Walking Street painting is ready to impress tourists, says Deputy Mayor

Social Media

2B04BA92-8DB5-4A28-8812-614FEA0A8DDE-696x392.jpeg

Pattaya Walking Street painting is now finished, minus an area at the top of the street, and ready to impress tourists, Pattaya Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai said during a walk at the street yesterday, November 3rd.

The deputy stated the contractor of the Walking Street repaving project had recently completed renovating the last 500 meters of the street, which now looked picturesque and fresh.

The street painting, which stretched as far as 1,000 meters, was done by volunteer artists and business operators and is set to be a great photo prop for pedestrians. Walking Street in South Pattaya will be closed to traffic from 7PM nightly and reopen at 5 AM for garbage collectors to pick up garbage.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/04/new-pattaya-walking-street-painting-is-ready-to-impress-tourists-says-deputy-mayor/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

Back in the day I used to buy books from an (English) second-hand book vendor. I once asked him, what people would read these days to which he answered, that "Pattaya is not visited for reading books"; a ten-out-of-ten answer and we had a good laugh. 

Well, the deputy bigwig just outdid that lighter moment of long gone days with the "new Pattaya Walking Street painting is ready to impress tourists". Out with the old, in with the new; Pattaya wants to be visited for its paintings rather than for its endless choice of houses of whatever repute! 

You cant make up such stuff, thank you for this beauty! 

10 hours ago, roger101 said:

Knowing how quickly road markings wear out I take it they will have a team of painters on permanent standby to rectify the worn out areas.

Yes, the idea has carried over from how there is money to be made rebuilding the beach frequently. I doubt they will keep up any painting of the floor myself. 

Dirty and spoiled in a few days.

Drove this morning up to Soi 16 and saw same dirt smeared painting.

At our village school they did a lot painting on the pavement (some alphabet stuff, math tables, Thai/English etc). After a few months almost completely worn out, unreadable 

Edited by KhunBENQ