Calls for more serious punishment after Police Hospital doctor in Porsche gets community service for TWO DUI deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Point taken about how financial compensation plays a large role in Thai justice.

But putting a Doctor in jail is absolutely required in this case.. otherwise I guarantee he will re-offend with drunk driving..

Two people lost their lives to his stupidity.

What's the Hippocratic Oath that governs his working life? 

"Do no harm.."

Hippocritic Oath in his case.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jvs said:

I will probably get a few negatives on this one but here is another point of view.

The Thai justice system being what it is,it is not the same wherever you

are from,

He already paid the family and that goes a long way here in Thailand.

Ok, i agree the sentence should have jail time but he got off easy.

On the other hand,putting a doctor in jail while there is a shortage of doctors will not do any one any good.

As far as justice (the Thai way) goes,the family did receive justice.

Yes, i know,

What after this would you even trust him as a doctor?! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Same what will happen too the soldier guy who killed two and badly injured the daughter, he already admitted everything because he knows his sentence will be reduced and he’ll probably get a suspended sentence.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seajae said:

in Thailand the law only applies to the "peasants", once again we see just how much of a joke thai law/courts are

Unfortunately that holds true for most developed countries as well. USA loves to keep spewing that no one is above the law as they prove on a regular basis that, that is a total load of BS. 

The average citizen that commits a crime usually only affects one person or a few people (or in the case of simple possession of drugs there is no real victim), they are swiftly convicted to the fullest extent of the law and locked up. The criminal elites crimes often affect millions of people, cause massive damage for years, but these criminals often either evade charges or in the rare cases when they are convicted get sent to a cushy federal prison with a tennis court and even then receive an almost immediate release because they might get Covid or have some other bogus health issue that no common person would ever be released for.

There is no justice for the rich and powerful, full stop. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

I will probably get a few negatives on this one but here is another point of view.

are from,

On the other hand,putting a doctor in jail while there is a shortage of doctors will not do any one any good.

Yes, i know,

Put him in jail and assign him to be the prison doctor.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobbin said:

Point taken about how financial compensation plays a large role in Thai justice.

But putting a Doctor in jail is absolutely required in this case.. otherwise I guarantee he will re-offend with drunk driving..

Two people lost their lives to his stupidity.

What's the Hippocratic Oath that governs his working life? 

"Do no harm.."

Quite! And not only that, this is a person who should be the 'intelligentsia' of the system/branch where employed.

4 hours ago, jvs said:

are from,

Yes, i know,

You have a point about compensation. Someone in our village killed a kid who was taking an apple from his tree, and he simply paid off the parents, left the village for a few months and is now back as if nothing happened. The police didn't even get involved as far as I know, although they might have negotiated to get their cut.

The way we do things in the west, the family would have got nothing.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1