Trump suggests he’ll launch his 2024 presidential campaign on Nov. 15 in Florida

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes, defending America from hurricanes via nuclear weapons has been a constant preoccupation of Presidents ever since a certain event in Hiroshima.

But he didn't suggest nuclear weapons though , that is fake news .

Not sure why you are allowed to keep spreading fake news on here 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Love It 1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're the one who defended Trump in this context  with your response that "It's not your job to keep America safe." Why did you post that? You really think that's a question the answer to which isn't self-evident? How clueless does someone have to be to  in  the 21st century to even ask that question? 

Why were you spreading fake news ?

Did you think that the fake news was true or did you deliberately spread fake news ?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, your link contains " "I never said this. Just more FAKE NEWS!"

That was not my question:

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trump says its fake news, do you believe everything Trump says?

Scoop: Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.

https://www.axios.com/2019/08/25/trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes

I'll assume you do believe whatever Trump says then as the link clearly states:

"President Trump has suggested multiple times to senior Homeland Security and national security officials that they explore using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes from hitting the United States, according to sources who have heard the president's private remarks and been briefed on a National Security Council memorandum that recorded those comments."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes, defending America from hurricanes via nuclear weapons has been a constant preoccupation of Presidents ever since a certain event in Hiroshima.

OK, so in the above post you wasn't making the claim that Trump suggested using Nuclear weapons to bomb hurricanes ?

OK, I thought that you were making that claim  , but if you deny it, well.......................................

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Back to the topic at hand, I really hope he (Trump) doesnt declare his intention to run.  I think I can see a hangover of his egoism in the election results tonight.  Frankly, I am tired of trying to replay and rewin the 2020 election.  There need to be new and more united voices moving forward.

Look at Florida for an indication of what works. Governor Desantis and Senator Rubio both killed it, and without kissing the ring.  

DeSantis and probably Greg Abott are the rising superstars in the Republican Party after their impressive mid-term victory. The momentum is with these 2 men while Trump will become a fading dying star with most of his endorsements ending up in smoke. Those a..kisser allies and mega donors may now take a pause to evaluate their investments. The narcissism in him tell me that he will run and will be a wrecking ball scorched earth attempt that will do him and the party no good. Being convicted and behind bars will be his saving grace. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, so in the above post you wasn't making the claim that Trump suggested using Nuclear weapons to bomb hurricanes ?

OK, I thought that you were making that claim  , but if you deny it, well.......................................

Not only do I deny it, but I have evidence to back it up. Here's what I wrote with solecism intact: "You really think that's a question the answer to which isn't self-evident? How clueless does someone have to be to  in  the 21st century to even ask that question?" 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Eric Loh said:

DeSantis and probably Greg Abott are the rising superstars in the Republican Party after their impressive mid-term victory. The momentum is with these 2 men while Trump will become a fading dying star with most of his endorsements ending up in smoke. Those a..kisser allies and mega donors may now take a pause to evaluate their investments. The narcissism in him tell me that he will run and will be a wrecking ball scorched earth attempt that will do him and the party no good. Being convicted and behind bars will be his saving grace. 

I can agree with that.  His time has passed and someone needs to tell him.   If the 2024 election is Biden/Trump 2.0 I will probably drink myself to death.  

The problem with the GOP is staying on message. It is hard to do when the media all wants to go backwards and ask 'gotcha' type questions. Once the Great Ghost of the Bad Orange Man is gone, that will fade away. I can see a ticket of Desantis/Noem rocking the world.  

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That was not my question:

I'll assume you do believe whatever Trump says then as the link clearly states:

"President Trump has suggested multiple times to senior Homeland Security and national security officials that they explore using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes from hitting the United States, according to sources who have heard the president's private remarks and been briefed on a National Security Council memorandum that recorded those comments."

Oh My God!!!!!!!

This is getting ridiculous 

Those were the claims made and later in the article the claims are refuted and denied !!!!!!!!!!

You didn't read the whole article

"The big picture: Trump didn't invent this idea. The notion that detonating a nuclear bomb over the eye of a hurricane could be used to counteract convection currents dates to the Eisenhower era, when it was floated by a government scientist."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Back to the topic at hand, I really hope he (Trump) doesnt declare his intention to run.  I think I can see a hangover of his egoism in the election results tonight.  Frankly, I am tired of trying to replay and rewin the 2020 election.  There need to be new and more united voices moving forward.

Look at Florida for an indication of what works. Governor Desantis and Senator Rubio both killed it, and without kissing the ring.  

Frankly I’m tired of the idea Trump can re-win an election he lost.

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh My God!!!!!!!

This is getting ridiculous 

Those were the claims made and later in the article the claims are refuted and denied !!!!!!!!!!

You didn't read the whole article

"The big picture: Trump didn't invent this idea. The notion that detonating a nuclear bomb over the eye of a hurricane could be used to counteract convection currents dates to the Eisenhower era, when it was floated by a government scientist."

OMG correct, denied by Trump, nobody else, yes yes, so obviously Trump is telling the truth according to you................???? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I can agree with that.  His time has passed and someone needs to tell him.   If the 2024 election is Biden/Trump 2.0 I will probably drink myself to death.  

The problem with the GOP is staying on message. It is hard to do when the media all wants to go backwards and ask 'gotcha' type questions. Once the Great Ghost of the Bad Orange Man is gone, that will fade away. I can see a ticket of Desantis/Noem rocking the world.  

As has been pointed out it is many of the Republicans looking back stating election fraud was thing. Looks like it didn't prove as much as a winner as they hoped.

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

Denied? Yes.

Refuted? Most definitively no.

I suggest we get back on topic ,

Other posters are having an intelligent discussion and our posts appear to be rather idiotic (mine included) , so I suggest we join in with their intelligent discussion and cease our idiocy about "He said" "he didn't say blah blah blah"

On 11/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, dotcalm said:

With rumors of Trumps presidential announcement leaked and circulating, The NeverTrumpers were freaking out because they thought 45 was going to announce.. Instead at the end of his rally he listed off every name of every endorsed Senate & Gubernatorial candidate in each state while tens of millions of Americans were tuned in.

BRILLIANT / LEADER

And most of them lost.

Watch the sane wing of the repub Party, plus those who go with the wind, begin to distance themselves from him.

He lost the House, Senate and White House for repubs in 2020. repubs are slow-witted, but eventually they figure out 45 is a loser.

repubs are beginning to realize they have to have a platform, not just empty slogans that appeal to their low IQ base. 45 is solely about silly slogans that grab mouthbreathers, Incels, and society's forlorn.

• Thumbs Up 2

In speeches, Trump uses dozens of lies, exaggerations to draw contrast with Biden

Even in a midterm marked by misinformation, conspiracy theories and false or misleading attacks, nobody does it like Donald Trump.

The former president, in a burst of campaigning for Republican candidates while he readies his own third bid for the White House, is honing a stump speech based around juxtaposing current conditions with those during his presidency — a contrast he heightens by misrepresenting and exaggerating on both ends.

The Post provided Trump’s team with a full list of the inaccurate statements and requested any additional substantiation. After the requested amount of time to review, spokesman Taylor Budowich did not dispute any specific items in the analysis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/07/trump-falsehoods-lies-speeches/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

As has been pointed out it is many of the Republicans looking back stating election fraud was thing. Looks like it didn't prove as much as a winner as they hoped.

True, they need to give it a rest also.  I have no trouble with that.  The Republicans need to be the party of the future and of freedom, not of nursing past grievances.  Leave that to the other side. 

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I suggest we get back on topic ,

Other posters are having an intelligent discussion and our posts appear to be rather idiotic (mine included) , so I suggest we join in with their intelligent discussion and cease our idiocy about "He said" "he didn't say blah blah blah"

Since the topic is trump probably going to announce a 2024 run I think it's very much on topic to discuss one of the many examples that shows him not being able to lead even a gaggle of geese across a road.

• Haha 2

It's interesting Trump should choose to open in Florida, directly challenging Ron DeSantis. He's using his usual personal abuse tactic, calling the governor Ron DeSanctimonious. I'm surprised he can even spell it correctly.

Or perhaps it's just an indication of his usual sloth, he doesn't want to move far from Mar-A-Lago.

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's interesting Trump should choose to open in Florida, directly challenging Ron DeSantis. He's using his usual personal abuse tactic, calling the governor Ron DeSanctimonious. I'm surprised he can even spell it correctly.

Or perhaps it's just an indication of his usual sloth, he doesn't want to move far from Mar-A-Lago.

No fan of DeSantis but Trumps personal threats against him show just how low this creep gets.

Donald Trump Threatens To Dish Dirt On Ron DeSantis If He Runs In 2024

"I know more about him than anybody — other than, perhaps, his wife," the former president said of his potential rival.

“I would tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering — I know more about him than anybody — other than, perhaps, his wife,” Trump said Tuesday.

Trump also claimed DeSantis, who was projected to win reelection to a second term as governor in Tuesday’s midterms, could “hurt himself very badly” if he ran.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-warns-desantis-wife_n_636b5461e4b021a4038f4534

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

His movement is without any doubt whatsoever a cult of personality.

Well he must be quite good at the cult business (not much else though because of his many failed businesses) because he's got no personality whatsoever, other than that of a huckster and a crook, and he's proven it time and time again – – poor old US of A, and the dimwits who vote for him.

• Thumbs Up 1