Do you believe in natural selection

georgegeorgia

That intoxicated guy might have had a low alcohol tolerance and some devastating personal circumstances that drove him to over-indulge for the first time in his life - pray that you're never in his shoes.

If you lead anything less than a 100% perfectly healthy lifestyle then do you think that your GP or the emergency room should simply send you on your way?

Edited by London Lowf
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

That intoxicated guy might have had a low alcohol tolerance and some devastating personal circumstances that drove him to over-indulge for the first time in his life

Yes,

That's probably it.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:
33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you believe in natural selection  [sic]

What is the error your "[sic]" is referring to?

Do you see a question mark in the questioning title?

Just in case I get accused of being the grammar police, it was you who brought up the term "error".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why should I care if someone I don't know gets killed? 

Why should you care if someone you don't know gets killed, or why should you help prevent someone you don't know from dying if doing so is reasonably within your power and not a huge inconvenience?

The two are quite different.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you se  a question mark in the questioning title? [sic]

Now that you mention it, I don't.

Personally, I would have gone with "Do you believe in natural selection[?]".

Also you need to add something to make it clear that you are quoting.  I.e. quotation marks.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you se  a question mark in the questioning title? [sic]

Now that you mention it, I don't.

Personally, I would have gone with "Do you believe in natural selection[?]".

Also you need to add something to make it clear that you are quoting.  I.e. quotation marks.

"Personally, I would have gone with "Do you believe in natural selection[?]"".

Good for you, you're not me.

"Also you need to add something to make it clear that you are quoting.  I.e. quotation marks".

Nothing I wrote that wasn't in inverted commas needed to be in inverted commas, Professor.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing I wrote that wasn't in inverted commas needed to be in inverted commas, Professor.

The text you wrote that appears to match that of the title of this post should have been in quotation marks, or in a quote box.  Otherwise there is nothing to suggest that it is a quotation.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I can't remember the name of this law ,is it Murphy's Law? But is when someone is destined to die because of stupidity ,if anyone knows 

Murphy's Law is "if anything can go wrong it will".

You are referring to Darwin.

Your OP would be suitable for the "has the world gone woke or mad" thread, as evidence of madness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I fully agree, but in this instance the OP was in a position to prevent that possibly happening.

In these insane times, helping someone can lead to problems best avoided. Eg, moving someone lying on the ground that you come on might lead to their death because you didn't put them in the recovery position, or they were struck by a vehicle and when you moved them you damaged their spine and made them a paraplegic.

In Saudi we were told during orientation that if we were in a taxi that hit someone, rather than render assistance to the injured, we should pay the driver and run away, because we would be held liable for hiring the taxi that hit the pedestrian, and if we saw someone injured on the ground to keep walking or we would be liable if we tried to help them and they died.

I was at a local reservoir about 8 years ago and a girl was drowning.  My wife and I were the only ones to see her.  I jumped in and rescued her.  Should I have just have said, "She's stupid.  She shouldn't be in the water if she doesn't know how to swim.  Let's go home Hun."

• Thumbs Up 1

Darwin was right. The theory of natural selection, means we all have to exhibit certain survival skills, to thrive in this world. Self protection is just one of those skills. Some have it, some do not. It is not a question of whether of not the theory of natural selection is true. It is a question of whether or not you have an inate skill set to thrive in this world. 

• Like 1

Maybe these people that are mentioned shouldn’t be wandering around drunk and take some sort of accountability for themselves. 
And as of the graffiti artist.  Well if you do the wrong thing. Then the consequences might not be in your favor. 

• Like 1