Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

47 minutes ago, RayC said:

How's that going? Maybe it passed me by but the US, India, China, etc. don't seem to be in any great rush to sign any deals.

In the meantime, the UK economy continues to contract by 4% pa as a result of Brexit.

Looks like the wrong choice was made.

Back to all due to Brexit again eh Ray? 

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You tell me all these "leaders" did claim that the UK would make great trade agreements outside the EU.

You should have just said huge countries. Much more accurate. 

I was listing the EU as one of three. The EU is not a country. So I needed to find a word that would accurately encompass them all.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have often wondered why Brits living in Thailand are so concerned about the U.K being in/out the E.U as it has no effect on them and I wonder even more why E.U citizens living in Thailand are also interested in whether the U.K is a member of the E.U or not 

Let me know if you come up with an answer.

33 minutes ago, RayC said:

There is no evidence that the UK was oppressed while it was a member of the EU.

We are now able to overturn the 3% of European law which we were forced to implement against our will. Hallelujah!

More likely it will be a Cayman Islands type approach where money launderers, criminals and despots can happily hide their assets, very few questions asked.

Now that's something to be proud of.

Same old nonsense. I'm sure you'll keep it up.

Australia seen rather pleased with a trade deal with the UK and India 

22 November 2022

Trade deals with India and the UK have passed Parliament

Australian exporters, businesses, workers and consumers will soon be able to reap the opportunities and benefits of more open trade with India and the United Kingdom with today’s passage of implementing legislation through the Parliament. 

The Australia-United Kingdom Free Trade Agreement (A-UKFTA) is the first full trade agreement the UK negotiated from scratch following Brexit. The A-UKFTA will deepen our already strong economic relationship with the UK and offer greater opportunities for our businesses to diversify their trade markets.

https://www.trademinister.gov.au/minister/don-farrell/media-release/trade-deals-india-and-uk-have-passed-parliament

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Like, you don't often hear people in the U.K discussing whether Thailand should be a member of ASEAN or not 

Would you know if ex-pat Thais in the UK were discussing Thailand's role in ASEAN if they were speaking in Thai?

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Same old nonsense. I'm sure you'll keep it up.

Were you looking in the mirror and mouthing those words as you wrote them? I couldn't have put it better myself.

Any chance of you supplying examples of the EU's vindictiveness and these unacceptable political conditions which you claim were attached to May's deals? Rhetorical question. I know that the answer's 'No'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Back to all due to Brexit again eh Ray? 

No, Nauseus. 

I'm merely pointing out the fact that all these marvelous free trade deals, and other assorted benefits, that we were promised would be forthcoming once we free from the shackles and tyranny of the dastardly EU have failed to materialise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

No, Nauseus. 

I'm merely pointing out the fact that all these marvelous free trade deals, and other assorted benefits, that we were promised would be forthcoming once we free from the shackles and tyranny of the dastardly EU have failed to materialise. 

They were NOT promises though .

They were predictions about how future trade deals would progress and common sense tells us that predictions are not promises 

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Were you looking in the mirror and mouthing those words as you wrote them? I couldn't have put it better myself.

Any chance of you supplying examples of the EU's vindictiveness and these unacceptable political conditions which you claim were attached to May's deals? Rhetorical question. I know that the answer's 'No'.

Reflection has its merits.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

No, Nauseus. 

You were around years ago when this fantasy was argued extensively - I'm not going back - I'll leave you to continue with the gravedigging.

• Haha 1