Russian teen electrocuted at public basketball court in Pattaya - faulty wiring to blame?

webfact

7 hours ago, Elkski said:

What Thailand needs are a few 100 million USD successful lawsuits on a few cases like this.   

Rip young guy just got his wings. 

yes but who you going to sue Somchai earnin 300 baht a day ...the elite bosses wi have their backs covered..for sure .

do you know Who I Know..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How many times have you seen them using plastic bags for insulation,

on the ground in markets and elsewhere , another case of Thai maintenance ,

nothing will change until those that die or are injured receive proper compensation.

just another day in Thailand.....

rgards Wogordi

Have any of the socalled (Tradespeple) carried out ant sort of apprenticeship or similar under any type of supervision. 

They're a bunch of Cowboys.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Elkski said:

What Thailand needs are a few 100 million USD successful lawsuits on a few cases like this.   

Rip young guy just got his wings. 

That is, in some small part, why there’s no real rush to fix things… IF/WHEN something happens, there’s commonly little “blow back” and the costs of whatever DOES happen, is comparatively small - to that of the costs to actually fix the issue 

I don’t think massive lawsuits is the solution mind you, but having a situation where there a very very low risk of real financial liability due to successful liability cases, is one contributing reason why a business may low prioritize these matters 

RIP. Very lucky people who helped did not receive electric shocks also Can be risky , pulling anyone away or off from electricity source metal or pipe whatever the current going right through them into someone else tyring help lucky not more casualty you think doing right thing its normal reactive moment ! Condolences to family 

Edited by Mad mick

7 hours ago, realfunster said:

I'd like to think I have a sense of humour but this is just in poor taste mate....

If the picture is the actual wiring involved , then it looks like a complete amateur botch-job and was an accident waiting to happen.

RIP to the young man, whatever his nationality ! 

I also think in very poor taste!   You are correct.. a guy young has lost his life, and it should not matter what his nationality was...  I wonder if this keyboard warrior would have made that same comment if it was his young brother?   Most people on this forum are still just plain sad.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, PJ71 said:

wow - that's not good.

tbh tho i'm surprised electrocutions are not more common here, the wiring is a joke.

I think it is common here.  Only reason this is in the news it its a farang that died.   A Thai friend of our was electrocuted and died a few months back from faulty wiring at his new shop. 

14 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Hopefully, someone will be charged with negligence causing death, or dereliction of duty causing death and loses their job and spends some time in prison.

Also a healthy payment to the parents.

Yeah.... What do you think the probability of that happening is?  Maybe some grovelling and money to the poor kids family in lucky.  Doubt anyone will be held responsiable.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Russian Basketball Player Electrocuted In Pattaya
by TNR Staff

image.jpeg

A YOUNG Russian basketball player was electrocuted to death at a community sports field in Pattaya last evening (Dec. 15) after touching a damaged light pole with other athletes revealing that there are electrical leaks at several other points too, Sanook.com said this morning.

At 10 p.m. Sawang Boriboon Thammasthan Foundaton’s Radio Centre received a report that someone had been seriously injured by an electric shock at Pattaya’s community sports field in Soi Sukhumvit Pattaya 15, and a team quickly went there.

At the scene they found Mr. Alexey Sobolev, 19, lying motionless and breathing heavily at the edge of a fence next to a light pole. They quickly gave him cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as some athletes watched and rushed him to the hospital but he later died there.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/12/16/russian-basketball-player-electrocuted-in-pattaya/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-12-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

First problem, if he was breathing he don't need cpr as his heart is still beating

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

I failed electronics in high school , but if someone is electrocuted and still in contact with the bit responsible, doesn't every one else who grabs him gets zapped as well?

I am no expert electrician but surely "yes" !! Exactly what I thought when I read this in the OP:

"He was electrocuted. Friends pulled him off and called for rescue'"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I am no expert electrician but surely "yes" !! Exactly what I thought when I read this in the OP:

"He was electrocuted. Friends pulled him off and called for rescue'"

The rescue teams should carry a 2 metre dry wooden pole with a hook at the end to pull people away from live wires.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How many times have you seen them using plastic bags for insulation,

on the ground in markets and elsewhere , another case of Thai maintenance ,

nothing will change until those that die or are injured receive proper compensation.

just another day in Thailand.....

rgards Wogordi

Adequate compensation is only a part of the solution , what is really needed is a slew of manslaughter charges aimed at those responsible for these incidents.

That means the heads of departments not some 500 baht a day fall guy.

Will never happen though of course , corruption and lack of responsibility too heavily embedded into the national psyche.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1