Intoxicated Finnish tourist falls off motorbike and blacks out in middle of the road

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Theres got to be something wrong in Finland if the people need to drink so much 

Strangely, Finland has several times been assessed as the happiest country in the world. I've been there many times and I can understand that. But there is certainly an undercurrent of alcohol abuse. In a way they are similar to Thais, many of whom only drink to get drunk.

Some put it down to Finns keeping their feelings inside them (again, similar to Thais), and there's actually a joke about two friends meeting for the first time in years and sitting down for a drink together. Not a word is said between them for a hour, until one of them asks the other something and the second person asks 'Are we here to talk or drink?

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Not just intoxicated. They drink until they fall of their chairs. Or bikes as in this case.

I read somewhere that many Swedes, Or was in Scandinavians? also used to get like this. Something to do with the high taxes and strict controls on where and when they can buy alcohol back home. Obviously that doesn't apply here.

You are correct, they drink fall out of their chairs and start again. It can and does go on for days? In the winter in Finland, especially in the North, there is not much else to do.

Drink drivers kill innocent people eventually. He should be jailed and then deported for being a drunk scumbag. 

I got life changing injuries from a drunk drink driver when I was 10 years old. His punishment, nothing because the attending cop was a mate of his. That was justice in the early 70's.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sawang Boriboon rescuers who aided the drunken man said the tourist was Finnish without revealing his name. The tourist was found a little past midnight in Soi Khao Talo in the Nongprue subdistrict, Chonburi’s Banglamung district on December 18th

Who needs 4am closing when you can be a pro like this guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I hope some drunk idiot driver finds you some day 2 idiots - no foul right ?

I really hope it happens, you deserve it after that comment

how many people die because of drunk idiots driving in Thailand......

How many die not because of drunk idiots. I’m numb to it all and couldn’t care less to be perfectly honest. 

And I’ve already been taken out once in my life by an incompetent driver, thanks though.

2 weeks ICU, 4 months total stay, 4 or so years of rehab and lifelong disabilities. Such is life 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You are correct, they drink fall out of their chairs and start again. It can and does go on for days? In the winter in Finland, especially in the North, there is not much else to do.

some are great ice hockey players and make big $ in the NHL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Salerno said:

It's got to be tough living in the country deemed to be "The happiest" for the past five years ????‍♂️

Fins obviously polled PM after having a few. If polled AM with hangovers Im sure the result would have been different...555.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Inala said:

Taken safely back to his accommodation? ???? Only in Thailand. If he was in Oz he would've been locked up for DUI, facing a few thousand dollar fine and the loss of licence for at least 12-18 months.

Just saw ALLThaiedup's post above and realized I repeated almost exactly his same words..

More interested in catching the dangerous 50 to 65 year old overstayers. and street vendors who aren't paying the T money. 

• Like 1

I know the Thai industry is desperate for tourists maybe this is a new policy get drunk and ride your motor bike 

no probable we will arrange a ambulance to take you back if you fall off your bike <deleted> to your hotel all part of the Thai hospitality service looking after our tourists 

Pass the word on 

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

It's got to be tough living in the country deemed to be "The happiest" for the past five years ????‍♂️

I'm from Finland, and it's definitely not the happiest country ????

That country is full of angry, envious people. On top of everything else, it's overpriced! Glad to be here in Thailand !

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

I flew Finnair this Summer.  The only airline not offering free drinks; G & T well over my price range.  Double my usual price to UK AND no overhead locker space; had to sit 14 hours with my carry on between my feet TWICE!  No wonder this burke hit the bottle hard when he arrived.

The airline would go bankrupt if it offered free booze to that lot. I did Biz Class on their A350 which was OK, but the flight on to Manchester was bad!