KBANK refused to let me withdraw from bank account

If one goes to a branch that has not seen the depositor before, one is always going to be scrutinized more carefully.

Perhaps the real situation consists of the branch the OP goes to regularly, lets the rules slide.

I have two accounts with Kbank, have never had a problem. But then, I don't have a company or a co-signatory.

I'd hazard a guess that the teller was Thai Chinese. 

In my experience, they don't like us naturalized citizens.

This case sounds like pure racism to me. 

I had an issue at KTB, where they didn't believe my Thai ID was real, not helped by a Chinese Thai sitting next to me shouting out that she used to work at the MoI and farang can't become Thai. When I questioned her ethnicity, she said that Chinese can but definitely not farang! 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'd hazard a guess that the teller was Thai Chinese. 

In my experience, they don't like us naturalized citizens.

This case sounds like pure racism to me. 

I had an issue at KTB, where they didn't believe my Thai ID was real, not helped by a Chinese Thai sitting next to me shouting out that she used to work at the MoI and farang can't become Thai. When I questioned her ethnicity, she said that Chinese can but definitely not farang! 

I didn't mention that I was Thai in the post, as it shouldn't have made a difference but it is possible that the teller was suspicious of my Thai ID card, even though it is registered as my ID document in the account and she ran it through the ID card reader.  For sure the teller was Thai Chinese. Thai banks hire almost exclusively Thai Chinese, particularly in Bangkok.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Your preferred branch knows you. The other does not.

This is really nothing to get upset about in Thailand. This is normal everyday situation for many people. Banks in Thailand have million stupid rules you know nothing about.

I have a personal account at the Big C branch but I am not a regular there or at the branch where I successfully made the withdrawal. I have had UK banks asking questions like do you know any of the staff at this branch who could verify your identity when trying to cash cheques in the old days but in Thailand they usually seem to just play by the rules.  I once withdraw nearly a million in cash as a foreigner at a branch where no one knew me for a property deal and no one batted an eyelid. As long as they cover themselves with signed copies of your ID, they usually seem happy.

• Like 1

if it's two signature either both present or either is sufficient, it would be printed/written on the bank book along within the system, plus under UV light, the other signature would show

It the text has been there all along that both signature is required, your regular branch has been lax and letting you withdraw 

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

I'm sure you are wrong,

I love wimmin, they're like race horses,

beautiful to look at, great fun to ride.

But I wouldn't want one in my home.

I real man has spoken, right? I am pretty sure no one wants to stay longer, than until you payed them for their services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

if it's two signature either both present or either is sufficient, it would be printed/written on the bank book along within the system, plus under UV light, the other signature would show

It the text has been there all along that both signature is required, your regular branch has been lax and letting you withdraw 

That is what I thought too. The wife's signature can't possibly show up there under UV because she is not an authorized signatory for the bank and was not with me when I got the new bank book for the company.  The teller acknowledged that I was a sole signatory for the account in the computer and said I could sign a cash cheque by myself. But she was pointing to the legend "2 authorized signatories" printed in the back of the book, as if this was a special condition for my company account, rather than a boiler plate blank.  In the end she was ignoring what I was saying and just burbling nonsense like "Mister you tomollow go to own Kbank branch" in pijin English like a complete retard, despite the fact she could see I am a Thai citizen and I was speaking to her in Thai that was obviously a lot better than her English. 

I had to go back to Big C today after and was tempted to go and tell her I had successfully made the withdrawal at another branch but not knowing if she was on duty and the difficulty of getting to talk to her without appearing rude while she was serving customers put  me off.  It is a pity because she will never learn, if no one points ever points out her mistakes and her colleagues at the branch seemed as clueless as she was. I assume they put the worst new recruits to work at shopping mall branches because no one wants to work the later hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

in pijin English like a complete retard […] and was tempted to go and tell her […] It is a pity because she will never learn, if no one points ever points out her mistakes

You sound like a real mature guy…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arkady said:

I can only think that what happened was a combination of racism, incompetence and stupidity.

K-Bank employees at mall or smaller branches don't always seem to be very competent. Best to ask calling the head office then.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

I was sending money to my wife and at the end of the transaction, the teller asked me for 'permission' - I told her I never needed permission in the past and was sending money - nobody needs permission to send money...

we finally figured it out - 'commission - not permission' as there was a fee to send the money. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Wow! So many men posting here, and no one post krap, only Khaaa. You though little men, must like to ridicule women much, right. Does it make you high? How would it be if you guys stop think with the third leg and start using what educated people have named the brain.

Kha.

Reminds me of when I went to change some money at the local KTB branch . It seemed to take all afternoon , what with waiting half an hour to get to the counter , then every note had to be carefully examined ( several were rejected for very minor blemishes ) then photocopied and the copies signed by me . Wow , what a rigmarole . Never again !

A troll post has been removed also an empty multiquote

7. Do not quote more than three multiple nested quotes. Only quote the person you are replying to, and only quote the relevant section that you are discussing.