Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

On 12/29/2022 at 7:20 AM, save the frogs said:

. that could be good ,,, more leisure time ... but some people might smoke pot all day. 

Replace might with will and else it's beers lol. But perhaps neuralink will be that advanced it can just trigger something in your brain to be like drugs.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, save the frogs said:

your theory about trump may be correct.

regarding JFK, there's a conspiracy that he was killed by the MOB. If you ever watch Boardwalk Empire, you'll see that JFK's father was involved with the MOB ... 

I am a little confused. Boardwalk City is a non-fiction book about Atlantic City in the 1920s written by Nelson C. Johnson (born 1948) who wasn't even born until 20 to 25 years after the events.

It was then re-written as a TV series by a number of different writers as an American period crime drama television series some 80 or 90 years after the events.

I finally found a reference to Joseph P Kennedy, played by Matt Letscher here 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979432/fullcredits

along with all the writers, and there are a lot of them.

It seems to be 

Genre

Crime drama

Period drama

Serial drama

And loosely based on real life happenings 90 years ago.

As I have never even heard of the series until now and have never seen an episode I can't pass comment on what the character spoke about or was all about.

However I will take it with a sack full of salt and say that if you believe it then good for you.

Personally I don't without any proof.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

It was then re-written as a TV series by a number of different writers as an American period crime drama television series some 80 or 90 years after the events.

I was referring to Boardwalk Empire, the TV series.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/boardwalk-empire

The TV series actually mixes fictional characters with real characters. There is a character based on Al Capone, but then there are characters that are entirely fictional. 

A character who plays JFK's father makes an appearance in the show as it is alleged (and denied by many reports) that he was involved in Bootlegging. 

Also, my comment is based on various mobsters claiming JFK was killed by the mafia.

But it's an unproven conspiracy. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

O come on global cooling i mean global warming i mean climate change is really one of more transparent and dumb psy-ops around.......

Its so obvious even large chunks of average folks who would not recognize a conspiracy if one ran over them, even they call out the climate nonsense in pretty large numbers.. 

Are all these people also living in a flat earth topped with a dome as you?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

O come on global cooling i mean global warming i mean climate change is really one of more transparent and dumb psy-ops around.......

Its so obvious even large chunks of average folks who would not recognize a conspiracy if one ran over them, even they call out the climate nonsense in pretty large numbers.. 

Tens of thousands of scientists in government and academic institutions keeping mum on a giant conspiracy because they all receive government grants and producing fake research?

Other scientists who have been proven to be paid by fossil fuel companies telling the truth despite huge push back from the former category? 

Am I close?

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are all these people also living in a flat earth topped with a dome as you?

No I read the Seattle Times comments section......These people are as square as can be.......And lot of them call out the climate nonsense..

• Thanks 1

Just now, redwood1 said:

No I read the Seattle Times comments section......These people are as square as can be.......And lot of them call out the climate nonsense..

No! Oh, ok so there are people living outside the dome in the real world, thank goodness, I was beginning to think this thread was just conspiracy theories such as the climate deniers have....

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Anonymous commentators on a news article are "square"? Please don't insult our intelligence.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I don't think it's a good idea to talk about conspiracies and climate in the same thread.

I don't think the climate issue is a conspiracy.

Some of the solutions to the climate changes is speculatice and suspecious if not pure stupidity. 

Bio Diesel? Windmills? and ineffective Solar systems? Spending, exploiting and consuming more to stop climate changes? 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Some of the solutions to the climate changes is speculatice and suspecious if not pure stupidity. 

Bio Diesel? Windmills? and ineffective Solar systems? Spending, exploiting and consuming more to stop climate changes? 

I dunno. I'm not an engineer. 

What's wrong with windmills exactly? Harnessing the energy of the wind seems like a good idea.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

for what purpose would they make up this sort of thing?

do you realize how complex is it for govts to completely transition from fossil fuels to alternative technologies?

it's precisely because it's so complex and has so many ramifications on the economy and on power structures that they have been putting it off for decades.

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Anonymous commentators on a news article are "square"? Please don't insult our intelligence.

Thats just one example.....Really any comment section any where really has LOTs of climate change doubters.....I wish I could say the herd doubs other conspiracies but unfortunately most buy into all of them.....

Edited by redwood1

Just now, redwood1 said:

Thats just one example.....Really any comment section any where really has LOTs of climate change doubters.....I wish I could say the heard doubs other conspiracies but unfortunately most buy into all of them.....

Anonymous commentators in general are not a credible source.

15 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I dunno. I'm not an engineer. 

What's wrong with windmills exactly? Harnessing the energy of the wind seems like a good idea.

The only good with windmills they are costly, needs service and parts and help to keep the economic turn around and give jobs, while tax payers pay for infrastructure and subsidization and el companies and stock holders take the turn over. Windmills needs huge areas and kills insects and birds as well creates noise pollution. In worst case windmills can damage the ecosystem. 

Windmills is expensive (edit note) dirty energy. 

Bio diesel need land erea we could keep our forrests and grow food. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The only good with windmills they are costly, needs service and parts and help to keep the economic turn around and give jobs, while tax payers pay for infrastructure and subsidization and el companies and stock holders take the turn over. Windmills needs huge areas and kills insects and birds as well creates noise pollution. In worst case windmills can damage the ecosystem. 

You are 100% correct about those giant wind farms.......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Climate change action is multi pronged and includes land management. If you want to explore what it really entails then head to:

image.png.58e53dee3db08eb9f46ac48f3ab1692f.png

https://www.ipcc.ch/srccl/chapter/summary-for-policymakers/

For a fuller view on all policies and mitigation then follow the links from the home page:

https://www.ipcc.ch/

image.thumb.png.923689b61c5860cb9e2d54c03220bd05.png

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg3/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2022 at 2:08 AM, save the frogs said:

lets hope the war will end.

and if we make it past 2023, neil degrasse tyson says we're going back to the moon in 2024. 

the chinese are going to claim the moon is their property so nobody esle can walk there,so not so fast

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im afraid the world political situation will not allow a sober solution to our future problems at the same time the space race just had a kick off and everyone want a piece of it! 

Most people is not willing to give up comfort in trade of economically beneficial solutions and also consume less. 

Not only do the population growing, but we consume more calories because we are growing taller and also getting heavier. At the same time we consume more rare metals for more efficient energy consuming products. 

My parents was the first generation in our family who had refrigerator, washing machine and tv! Today how many things do you need to call it a home? Asia just become half of worlds population, and India will surplus China this year. Asias economy require a growt faster and higher than any western country, who used 50 - 70 years on getting the majority or 70% of their population Above the UN poverty line. 

Those who live will know! 

However everything in that link is in action now, real affects from those actions have already been felt.

On a separate subject, remember the ozone hole over Antarctica that seems to be out of the news now? Thats because measures were put in place to reduce it and they worked.

"the damage we wrought last century has been reversed. Even with the complications and caveats, the world’s response to the ozone crisis should be seen as an instructive, even inspiring, success story — one that can perhaps inform our response to the climate crisis."

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Floating sea ice makes no difference when it melts, so Arctic melt makes no difference.

Greenland and the Antarctic are the land masses with most ice on and to my knowledge not melting significantly. Glacier ice that was floating around the Antarctic will not raise sea level when it melts. Only if the ice cap itself melts would that happen.

I was going to write a summery of a documentary from Greenland where they both drilling back in time and bringing Ice cores back up from 45 000 years ago and also measuring ice loss. Greenland alone stand for 1/3 of the rise of sea level. Land ice like glaciers etc contributed with another of a third of the sealevel rise. 

Both Antartica and Greenland loosing massively ice every year. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/article/sea-level-rise-1

Anyway, it is up to you to believe or not. Not my problem, I got another 30 years maybe, then off and not leaving any offspring behind me. I have done my share! 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I was going to write a summery of a documentary from Greenland where they both drilling back in time and bringing Ice cores back up from 45 000 years ago and also measuring ice loss. Greenland alone stand for 1/3 of the rise of sea level. Land ice like glaciers etc contributed with another of a third of the sealevel rise. 

Both Antartica and Greenland loosing massively ice every year. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/article/sea-level-rise-1

Anyway, it is up to you to believe or not. Not my problem, I got another 30 years maybe, then off and not leaving any offspring behind me. I have done my share! 

If the Greenland ice cap melts it would affect sea level, likewise in Antarctica. I understand most of the ice lost from Antarctica is floating ice shelves, so makes no difference to sea level.

not leaving any offspring behind me. I have done my share! 

Likewise. I did the best thing anyone can do to save human's environment by not making more people.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Errrr, the wind doesn't blow all the time. Nuclear doesn't depend on weather, but the greenies have sabotaged that as a viable option. France seems to have managed nuclear well.

That's why we also have solar and batteries. The UK currently has periods of using only renewable energy

Edited by ozimoron

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

My parents was the first generation in our family who had refrigerator, washing machine and tv! Today how many things do you need to call it a home? Asia just become half of worlds population, and India will surplus China this year. Asias economy require a growt faster and higher than any western country, who used 50 - 70 years on getting the majority or 70% of their population Above the UN poverty line. 

I accidentally bumped into a guy who co-authored a book on the topic of DE-GROWTH.

I never even heard that word before I met him.

But basically there are a group of academics behind the scenes who want to get people to scale down their lives in the future in order to cut down on consumerism.

De-growth refers to shrinking the economy. For instance, the fashion industry may dwindle considerably. It may no longer be fashionable to update your wardrobe every year etc ... or upgrade your iphone every year. 

It has already started to some degree. If you work from home, you don't need to buy as many clothes. 

Edited by save the frogs