What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

On 3/28/2023 at 7:38 AM, Will27 said:

New police drama from the Beeb.

Follows rookie police officers working in Belfast, a city in which being a frontline response cop comes with unique pressures and dangers.

One of the better series seen in a while, very good thanks for the mention

• Thanks 2

Last week or so my attention has been taken up by my wife mostly (lol), but in between I have been watching:

Blue Lights

The Devils Hour

The Godfather 1 - 3 (again!)

Lawrence of Arabia (couldnt resisit it....for the 20th time)

The Power of One

True North 2006 

All great shows with the exception of Avatar which I felt dragged.

An old favourite I want to revisit soon is "All the Pretty Horses" with Matt Damon.  If youve never seen it and you are a Matt Damon fan you should not miss it and same with "Good Will Hunting".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, proton said:

One of the better series seen in a while, very good thanks for the mention

Yes, I agree,,,,,,,,first episode I was nervous about the series but each one grabbed me more. Well done. Being a Yank I have trouble with the Irish(English) but I get through

21 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

On TinyZone there is the whole lot of one of the UK's favourite soap's Crossroads, every time you click on it, it just does not work. How disappointing.

Now that’s scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

there is a series called “crossroads classics” at 21GB and some year packs from 1977-1981 which are about 30-40GB each out there, if you use other methods. 

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Now that’s scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

there is a series called “crossroads classics” at 21GB and some year packs from 1977-1981 which are about 30-40GB each out there, if you use other methods. 

That's interesting Thanks.

Just caught up on Season 3 The Mandalorian. Based on the Star Wars franchise,

Season 3 of Picard. Based on Star Trek franchise, Some of those actors have not aged well.

Also just finished Season 1 of The Last of Us. Don't know if there will be a Season 2.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:57 AM, Will27 said:

Enjoyed episode 1.

Terrific soundtrack.

Also thought it was great, some fantastic music, I wonder if Fleetwood Mac was the inspiration for the story?

BTW "Daisy" is Elvis Presley granddaughter Riley Keough, brilliant performance from her

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2142336/?ref_=tt_cl_t_1

• Like 2

Searching for something new yesterday I stumbled across this documentary which, while initially put off by its Sand Sharks vs Godzilla type title, turned out to be a real find.  If you are even mildly interested in sharks, fish or fishing you will find Shark vs Tuna extremely interesting.  I watched it on lookmovies.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10625716/

• Thanks 1

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, however last night I downloaded and watched a movie called, "Inside".

It starred William Dafoe, whom I have always liked as a good actor, and I wasn't disappointed by his performance (in effect he was the only one in the film), however the movie dragged a bit and had an ending which was, which was, which was.......not an ending IMO, as there was no real ending to it!

Another one of that ilk and one which I shan't bother to keep on file.

47 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, however last night I downloaded and watched a movie called, "Inside".

It starred William Dafoe, whom I have always liked as a good actor, and I wasn't disappointed by his performance (in effect he was the only one in the film), however the movie dragged a bit and had an ending which was, which was, which was.......not an ending IMO, as there was no real ending to it!

Another one of that ilk and one which I shan't bother to keep on file.

Yes I watched it, I thought an average movie made worse by no ending.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:51 PM, Seppius said:

Also thought it was great, some fantastic music, I wonder if Fleetwood Mac was the inspiration for the story?

BTW "Daisy" is Elvis Presley granddaughter Riley Keough, brilliant performance from her

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2142336/?ref_=tt_cl_t_1

If you have not watched Riley Keough in this TV series, you might find it as another good experience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1