What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

14 hours ago, Will27 said:

No big deal. I have used torrents rarely in the last few years as I get my material from the same place the torrent sites do. All new releases go first to scene-rls dot net where they are put on some storage site. Files under one or two gigs are available from dropa for free download. Larger files are on nitroflare or rapid... which may require payment. 

Edited by gargamon
  • Thanks 2

On 5/31/2023 at 11:41 AM, mikebell said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18073328/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_blood

Blood & Gold - a very satisfying film - German with subtitles.

I have just watched this and found it to be rather enjoyable for something you didn't really have to think about, but what struck me were the similarities between this movie and some of Tarantino's movies, and especially the music in it which could well have been stolen from a Sergio Leone spaghetti western movie, right down to the harmonica and string plucking! Not to mention a priest, a church and a hanging.

In fact some of the music soundtrack was so close, I thought it may well have been borrowed!

The movie I downloaded was dubbed in English, but it was quite skilfully done and didn't detract from the actual movie itself.

Edited by xylophone

10 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have just watched this and found it to be rather enjoyable for something you didn't really have to think about, but what struck me were the similarities between this movie and some of Tarantino's movies, and especially the music in it which could well have been stolen from a Sergio Leone spaghetti western movie, right down to the harmonica and string plucking! Not to mention a priest, a church and a hanging.

In fact some of the music soundtrack was so close, I thought it may well have been borrowed!

The movie I downloaded was dubbed in English, but it was quite skilfully done and didn't detract from the actual movie itself.

Agreed - even using down to Chapter Headings.  The main difference is Tarantino's films are mostly an hour too long.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/31/2023 at 10:35 PM, xylophone said:

I needed to test some new settings on my Sony TV, especially in relation to playing downloaded movies, so I watched one that I have already watched three times, called, "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" and this time round I came to a conclusion which I hadn't in previous viewings........ 

Although Peter Sellers was a talented actor, he was also a spoilt childlike person, who described himself as, "an empty shell with no personality, so he can fit anyone into it that he wants", or words that affect.

The conclusion I came to was that he was a spoilt, selfish, arrogant yet insecure person, and he was also an r...sole of gigantic proportions.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Geoffrey Rush who plays Peter Sellers and several other roles, is magnificent.

How can I not watch it now..........are you on a commission lol?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

How can I not watch it now..........are you on a commission lol?

If you haven't already seen it, then it is a MUST SEE movie IMO. Good viewing (and not on commission, LOL).

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2023 at 10:35 PM, xylophone said:

"The Life and Death of Peter Sellers"

The conclusion I came to was that he was a spoilt, selfish, arrogant yet insecure person, and he was also an r...sole of gigantic proportions.

I dont think I could have done a better job nor add anything to your concise conclusion lol!

I think what surprised me more about this film was how the makers pulled no punches in letting us know what they really thought about him.  I did enjoy him as a comedian but never knew this side of him.  Wow!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 10:10 PM, xylophone said:

Back in the mid 70's I passed thru a "wild west" town in Spain set up for making spaghetti westerns.  Out in the middle of nowhere, just like in the movies, it was a main street, mostly props but did have a complete saloon, sherrifs office including cells and a gallows outside.  But no church this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brilliant Creatures....2 parts

REBELS OF OZ:......... GERMAINE, CLIVE, BARRY AND BOB....to be released 14 July.... (but someones leaked it )...TPB/ChaosTV

They didn't just join the cultural revolution in the 60s - they led it

Robert Hughes is dead, Clive James is dying, Barry Humphries is on his farewell tour with Dame Edna and Sir Les, and Germaine Greer is still upsetting the proverbial applecart. Now is the opportune moment to reflect on the titanic impact these four Australians made in the cultural milieu of London and New York.

21 hours ago, xylophone said:

Still looking for the Rolf Harris doco, but cannot find it. Anyone any ideas?

Like all UK/Euro program's- It came out last month on TVCHAOSUK,   you can try to join --(its free) but I think they are full.

But many members on here have a free invitations........so maybe ask

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

Like all UK/Euro program's- It came out last month on TVCHAOSUK,   you can try to join --(its free) but I think they are full.

But many members on here have a free invitations........so maybe ask

I’m pretty sure TVC is not at capacity. 

It’s was always that if you asked on the fb page they would probably give you an invite. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, recom273 said:

It’s was always that if you asked on the fb page they would probably give you an invite. 

I have heard that also...... I guess depends on who is monitoring at any time

The Harris story will prob be picked up by other sites latter. it came out 18th May. 

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Series 2 of Joe Pickett is dropping.

Watched Ep 1 an 2 last night. This guy is portrayed as a real dumb IMHO. He makes trouble for himself and his family with the choices he makes. He creates the stuff he gets himself in to. No one in their right mind would goe miles into the wild alone the way he does. But I guess he has to listen and do what the screen writers wrote and the director told him to do for the series. I will keep watching to see if he can wake up!

When a ton of drugs washes ashore in the Azorean village of Rabo de Peixe, Eduardo and his friends will have to decide whether to remain a small fish in a sea of sharks, or change their destiny forever.

• Thanks 1

New HBO series has started to drop.

https://thetvdb.com/series/burden-of-proof-2023

Burden of Proof

When 15-year-old Jennifer Pandos went missing in 1987, her parents told everyone she ran away. Decades later, her brother Stephen begins a relentless odyssey in search of the truth. His investigation into the case threatens to destroy his family as he becomes strongly convinced that his parents are both implicated in the crime. As time passes, more threads unravel and new evidence comes to light, Stephen starts to question everything he has come to believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

When a ton of drugs washes ashore in the Azorean village of Rabo de Peixe, Eduardo and his friends will have to decide whether to remain a small fish in a sea of sharks, or change their destiny forever.

ED000DE5-EE18-4017-BE87-90909A94F114.jpeg.1aac492eb0a60e28df8fbc0b77df0425.jpeg