BREAKING: Thailand issues NEW Covid entry requirements effective January 9th.

Social Media

2 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Insurance only needed if flying out of India or China according to Thai Airways

Understood and you are correct of course... But, I’ll still print my documents and recommend others do.

Over the past 2 years I’ve had numerous arguments with Airline check-in staff regarding what is and what isn’t needed - they are not always up to date and have on numerous occasions misinterpreted regulations....  

i.e. I was travelling about a week after the Day 5 Test & Go was dropped, the Airline check-in staff were still insistent on a Day 5 Test & Go booking and were going to refuse me boarding. I’d pushed it up to supervisor level, but still a ’no-go’....  I remembered I still had an e-mail with my earlier Day 5 Test & Go Booking confirmation (Since cancelled)... I just showed this and didn't tell the airline I’d cancelled it, that was all they wanted to see.... 

Thus: In all the confusion, airline staff get it wrong - IMO, its always been best to travel with any documentation which may or many not be required, especially when there ambiguity due to ‘flip-flop’ announcements. 

• Like 2

Here's a conundrum. ????

I'm fully vaccinated, travelling from China via Singapore. The connection in Singapore is a 'self transfer' which means the two flights aren't connected. I'll have to exit immigration in Singapore, pick up my tickets for the Thailand leg, then pass through immigration again; then rinse and repeat for the return journey.

I'll obviously need a PCR test to re-enter China but surely this is irrelevant as, as far as Thailand is concerned, I'm only flying from / to Singapore. This surely means that I don't need the COVID insurance as Singapore doesn't require the test?

My head hurts ????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

"swab on arrival" - what exactly is it: PCR or ATK?
Who will pay for the test?

If PCR is not immediate than what? Sit in the corner?

If test (any) yields false positive what would be next?

and why insurance reduced to $10K from $100K? Thai medical care improved 10 folds?

Looks like it's supposed to be an ATK.

The traveller will - although it's allegedly going to be spot checks and none reported to date (allows them not to do any IMO).

N/A given above.

Nobody knows as the powers that be haven't clarified actions on a positive result.

Insurance was reduced before restrictions where initially dropped. Likely due to data on positive results being false positives or mild cases therefore, actual costs falling well within $10K.

FmAWtmUacAEk7XY?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Looks like it's supposed to be an ATK.

The traveller will - although it's allegedly going to be spot checks and none reported to date (allows them not to do any IMO).

N/A given above.

Nobody knows as the powers that be haven't clarified actions on a positive result.

Insurance was reduced before restrictions where initially dropped. Likely due to data on positive results being false positives or mild cases therefore, actual costs falling well within $10K.

FmAWtmUacAEk7XY?format=jpg&name=900x900

If we'll develop some "conspiracy theory" with this fuss than things will fit into perfect picture: 

As I reckon there was quite a difference between ATK prices over LOS. Some were dirt-cheap imported from "I-Dont-care-where" and merchants made quite good money. Remember ATK stall at Khao Sarn entrance? 

Now how about make millions of arrivals to buy those @#%@ tests mandatory? Think mere 100THB markup multiplied by millions?

Tourists will have simple choice: either vaccinate yourself immediately (impossible) or buy ATK on arrival (mai pen ding-ding). 

I know it does sound like cheap movie script, but this is Thailand and almost everything here looks just like that.

4 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

I know it does sound like cheap movie script, but this is Thailand and almost everything here looks just like that.

I hear you, but personally leaning towards another angle - dumb kneejerk reaction to avoid a slap on the wrist from China and pretend they are thinking about the health of citizens rather than just Yen, eventually dawns on them they screwed up and actually locked out a cohort of travellers, flip-flop to let them in with a test on arrival, eventually it dawns on them this will still put people off given no details/thought of what actions will be taken if positive test, another flip-flop to say it will be "spot checks" not all non vaxed arrivals = no need to do any tests (who's going to complain they didn't get tested?), face saved and can still claim "Looking out for the health of Thais".

Awaiting the next flip-flop when it dawns on them no tests = no figures to publish re positive tests on arrival = no credibility given the figures already published by other countries.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2023 at 4:20 PM, Mavideol said:

Thais are immune, remember at the beginning of the infections, 2019-2020, the "brick layer" health minister said there would be no problems with Covid in Thailand as the heat and sunshine would kill the virus  555

who are you to denigrate bricklayers, as a spokesman for bricklayers world wide we take umbrage and the next house you contemplate will have a severe shortage of cement in the compo ]mortar]

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why someone, after 3 years with Covid 19 and according to the WHO 15 million people have died, would travel anywhere without recommended vaccines and an international vaccine handbook / pass seems to me to be irresponsible, inappropriate, and bordering on stupidity.

Felt

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why to some people get hung up on people who don't what a vaccine?  

Why do you care if they can't travel.  You seen to get pleasure from it?  Why? 

If you are vaccinated yourself then you needed concern yourself with 'anti vax' people. 

People like you seem to just want to force your opinions on others. 

That is just bullying.   Take responsively for your life and decisions and let other do the same.  It's not some relugion where you need to covert people or have them exiled if they won't follow your beliefs. 

i do take responsibility for my decisions especially when they can well impact other people,,,,antivaxxers apparently do not give a hoot about anyone but themselves and if they clog hospitals and infect other people with a deadly virus it's no big deal cause it is their decision.

It's not a "relugion"...it's basic common sense and courtesy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why to some people get hung up on people who don't what a vaccine?  

Why do you care if they can't travel.  You seen to get pleasure from it?  Why? 

If you are vaccinated yourself then you needed concern yourself with 'anti vax' people. 

People like you seem to just want to force your opinions on others. 

That is just bullying.   Take responsively for your life and decisions and let other do the same.  It's not some relugion where you need to covert people or have them exiled if they won't follow your beliefs. 

I do not criticise individuals who are unvaccinated. I consider their decision to be misguided, but as individuals they have no impact on me.

However, as a group, the unvaccinated or inadequately vaccinated are a major issue. If the Chinese were as well vaccinated as even the Thais, there would not be all the hysteria around their arrival in Thailand. They would have far fewer hospitalisations and, as with other countries, be overwhelmingly asymptomatic with the high rate of infection invisible. The especially infectious XBB strains are almost completely absent from China, and we are only afraid of catching the Omicron variants from them because they are Chinese. There is no rational reason.

The end result of a population that is unvaccinated (or, in some cases, vaccinated, but only with a substandard vaccine too long ago for it to have any effect) is panic and irrational behaviour just as we saw over the weekend.

• Haha 2

I got 4 shot so that's not my problem.

Insurance requirements are!

Thai, Qatar and others say "You need 10k USD insurance".

TAT link above says "You don't".

I think TAT info is correct BUT; AirLines are checking and deciding if you get to fly!

THAT's The problem...

53 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Some people cannot get the vaccine for various reasons. Those who can, but choose not to, do put others health at risk.

This doesn't affect me or any of my loved ones currently, but if it did, I'd likely have a word or two to say about the anti-vaxxers too. I put them in a simlar category to flat earthers and moon landing deniers.

That's not right.  Many people are not 'anti vax' if they just don't want the covid vaccine and the several 'boosters' that go with it. 

Most of these people have had other vaccinations.  Many just see no need to have this particular vaccine as they are not in a high risk group and its not a danger to them... In fact they could get more inconvience from the side ecffexs of the vaccine than covid itself. 

You are saying that if someone does not want a particular vaccine then they belive the earth is flat and all other dumb conspiracy theories.  That's not right. 

As you say, most have had vaccines for covid and the ones that can't are very much in the minority.  These people also would get very sick from any other disease, so they take precautions if they go out anyway to keep themselves safe.  If they dont then that is them being selfish and dumb.  

A small minority of people not having the covid vaccine makes zero effect of the spread or transmission of covid in a society where most people are vaccinated.  

Just seems for some strange reason some people can't get over a few people not conforming, or not all being exactly the same or doing exactly what governments advise them to do.  I don't want to live in a society like that.. I mght as well go and live in North Korea or some strict Muslim country if I wanted everyone to conform and not be allowed freedom.  

• Haha 2