Gunman Surrenders for Murdering British Ex-pat in Pattaya Area, Blames Road Rage

webfact

A little "jai yen yen" from both parties might have prevented this outcome. I learned many years ago in Asia--and particularly Thailand, about keeping calm and not letting anger into situations, plus there's the loss of face issue over here, which is very prevalent. I realize everyone's different and handle situations differently, but beware of angry Thai males, most have short fuses, and they don't forget either I learned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boyn said:

We live in a country with a lot of very crazy people so beware.

That is sadly true. We see those crazies in every night news. Interesting is all crazies are armed and apologies after their crime to get away with. It seems this is the way and works. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be fair he should be extradited to England for a proper  indictment and trial! 

Thai justice is very suspect imop

The courts here don’t seem to hand out life sentences especially after a convicted citizen shows remorse  ! Imop

Rip sir 

Edited by riclag

3 hours ago, ross163103 said:

A little "jai yen yen" from both parties might have prevented this outcome. I learned many years ago in Asia--and particularly Thailand, about keeping calm and not letting anger into situations, plus there's the loss of face issue over here, which is very prevalent. I realize everyone's different and handle situations differently, but beware of angry Thai males, most have short fuses, and they don't forget either I learned. 

It sounds like the victim here wasn't even overtly wronged. Being mad at someone who cuts you off or something is one thing. Being mad at someone because you thought they had enough time to turn but didn't , thus holding you up for a few seconds is another thing all together. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Unfortunately quite possible.  Probably a few will think that it is the foreigner's fault for being in Thailand and making the Thai angry, so the killer should not be punished.  Not everyone, but some probably will.

Well he did instigate it. 

2 hours ago, riclag said:

To be fair he should be extradited to England for a proper  indictment and trial! 

The courts here don’t seem to hand out life sentences especially after a convicted citizen shows remorse  ! Imop

Rip sir 

yep this one even said sorry ..oh well must be a nice guy eh

10 hours ago, BigStar said:

This isn't to blame the victim. Obviously, the consequences of the confrontation were criminal. I hope the Thai is punished to the max. Still, I think if the Brit could do it all over, he'd handle the situation much differently. 

as the perp is only in his 30ies, I'd wager the victim probably saved another person's life.

with a temper like that, the perp would probably have shot someone else at some point or another.

RIP to the victim.

I hope the murderer is punished properly, with at least 20 full years in prison.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

For a crime that occurred in Thailand... ? Not the best solution.... even a civil case for damages would have to be done in Thailand. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ross163103 said:

I realize everyone's different and handle situations differently, but beware of angry Thai males, most have short fuses, and they don't forget either I learned.

Not just the men. One thing I learnt earlier in my working career here, Thais NEVER forget or forgive, once an enemy you are an enemy for life. I never did understand how this came about, must be handed down (nuture by example).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riclag said:

Rip sir 

What "justice" would he get in England? A suspended sentence and 200 hours community service?

• Haha 1

What are the odds of getting into a major conflict with a Thai with a loaded handgun at the ready ,who is also a highly trained sharpshooter? Close to zero is my guess.....This sounds like fate, for whatever reason...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

What are the odds of getting into a major conflict with a Thai with a loaded handgun at the ready ,who is also a highly trained sharpshooter? Close to zero is my guess.....This sounds like fate, for whatever reason...

thai males- Don't even look at them

15 minutes ago, morrobay said:

thai males- Don't even look at them

A little bit of a generalisation there!  Looking at someone the "wrong way" in a provincial English town on a Saturday night is not advised either!  Didn't you know? Thailand is the Land of Smiles! ????

On 1/9/2023 at 8:40 AM, generealty said:

This is in the UK press now and obviously it is going to be difficult to get all the facts, but it was mentioned that this guy followed Neil for at least 2 kilometers before having opportunity to over take and stop him to murder him by shooting him 3 times in the 'BACK'. Even road rage would have calmed down in that time. sorry he's got to go down for life or hang him ! Sorry if I got any of the facts wrong, but the end result is the same.

not the brakes fault then....

15 hours ago, talahtnut said:

The Brit started it, loud honking and banging on

someones car...do that in any country and you

could be asking for 'red mist' bother.

You there as well? You know nothing.