Russian Man Wreaks Havoc at 7-11 in Pattaya’s Walking Street

webfact

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Non co-operative with the police. Not the best way to get out of his predicament.

Perhaps he is on overstay and doesn't want them to find out. A bit of a non starter though.

I would wager that the number of overstays among Russians will balloon over the coming months....lots of them arriving and as I understand most get 30 days upon arrival like many other countries...but when it's time to go back to Putin Land i think a lot of them will miss that return flight...who the f would want to go back to the mess that Russia has become with sanctions etc not to mention you may well be given a gun and sent to the front lines.  So will Thai immigration round them up and deport them or look the other way?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, edogthong said:

Thailand could do with fewer Russians, Israelis, Indians and Chinese. All other nationalities seem to be able conduct themselves somewhat (with the odd individual exception.) I didn't include  English people because even though they top the list of trouble makers in bars, they also mingle well with other groups and I'd personally miss them if they weren't around. 

But would they miss you ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, NativeBob said:

"headbutted" <- love it!

btw, what does it mean? stuck sm. head into butt? or something more kinky )

How did they identify his nationality? He had hammer and sickle in his hands while wearing fur hat, T-shirt with bare-chested leader and balalaika over his shoulder? He tried to pay in rubles and got upset they didn't accept it?

Only Americans would call their bottom their butt!

Goats headbutt each other when fighting. Use your imagination Bob as to what happened in the Seven. 

• Love It 1

25 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Use your imagination Bob as to what happened in the Seven. 

Nah, I rather read original post.

On the second thought, the whole story had lost its flare and excitement so far. Just another unfortunate tourist who could not deal with midnight heat, booze and humidity. 

Edited by NativeBob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Russian man was very violent because he also headbutted a motorcycle taxi rider who rushed to stop him but to no avail, said the cashier.

Surprising to hear of a lone man trying to stop him.  Definitely a good thing, but sad that all he got for his troubles was an eye injury.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Deerculler said:

I waiting for the expat detectives to solve this crime and have bad russian arrested.

Come on lads. 

Get with it.

Or they could save time and just read the article to know he is in police custody and save themselves some embarrassment :coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, NativeBob said:

"headbutted" <- love it!

btw, what does it mean? stuck sm. head into butt? or something more kinky )

It means he butted someone with his head.

"an aggressive and forceful thrust with the top of the head into the face or body of another person."

@Dave0206 oh, style, yes. One thing works to distinguish them - almost every russian (incl. kids) wear crucifix. The bigger is better.  And the shape is very different from catholic's one. For some reason Russia turn from 99% atheistic country into most religious orthodox. Even in Albania and Serbia people are less into that <deleted>.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Non co-operative with the police. Not the best way to get out of his predicament.

Perhaps he is on overstay and doesn't want them to find out. A bit of a non starter though.

If he is on overstay he likely would have climbed onto the 7/11 roof and thrown thingies.????????