UK diver’s death on Ko Tao resurrects myth which is harmful to efforts to promote Thailand abroad

webfact

6 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

and do you think that they carried enough clout to be allowed drag Thailand through the dirt in such a way?|

At this rate they will be sending Big Jok over there...... he is making too many big waves on the mainland!

On 1/25/2023 at 7:43 AM, Robbkk said:

There seems to be an organized campaign to discredit Koh Tao. Man dies in his sleep and news outlets start spinning off conspiracy theories. When somebody is murdered there are obvious signs such as bullet holes or bruises. It's not something that can be hidden from the man's family or whoever claims the body.

How do we know there weren't bullet holes, a noose around his neck or stab wounds?

Someone should design a T-shirt "Believe Thai Police".

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

At this rate they will be sending Big Jok over there...... he is making too many big waves on the mainland!

doesn't answer my question though.... do you seriously think a farther n son from such a tiny island would be allowed to drag Thailands reputation through the mud like that? 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How do we know there weren't bullet holes, a noose around his neck or stab wounds?

Someone should design a T-shirt "Believe Thai Police".

because his friends found him, your impression of Tao is based of sensationalised stories posted that are not based on facts

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, BigStar said:

They may do so later, however. Relatives and the Embassy can get involved. If they do, they do. If they don't, they don't. Wait and see. 

Read my post on page 2. Embassies are ALWAYS  involved it is them that will send the Death Cert. to next of kin.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

doesn't answer my question though.... do you seriously think a farther n son from such a tiny island would be allowed to drag Thailands reputation through the mud like that? 

Yes.... 

Thailand's reputation has been well sullied before.... Saudi Gems ring a bell.. prostitution, Jet Ski Scams, behaviour of the police  etc etc?

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 12:03 PM, Robbkk said:

This is not much lol. Thousands visit Koh Tao every week.

In Pattaya, in one week alone, 3 foreigners have died falling from buildings: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/third-foreigner-this-week-dies-from-building-fall-in-pattaya

But nobody refers to Pattaya as a deathtrap for foreigners. I wonder why.

Quite a few people in the past have commented on the fact that an inordinate number of people have died in Pattaya due to "falling" from high buildings!

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

because his friends found him, your impression of Tao is based of sensationalised stories posted that are not based on facts

And the police decided that there was nothing unusual about his death based on the fact that there was no signs of a struggle, and he was found in bed at the time.

Case solved - next! 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes.... 

Thailand's reputation has been well sullied before.... Saudi Gems ring a bell.. prostitution, Jet Ski Scams, behaviour of the police  etc etc?

still, none of those got the international media coverage the 2014 murders got. You really think those high up would let it go that far.? i dont!

1 hour ago, sambum said:

And the police decided that there was nothing unusual about his death based on the fact that there was no signs of a struggle, and he was found in bed at the time.

Case solved - next! 

people do die you know.... or is everyone on Tao supposed to be immortal?
would you believe the autopsy finding if it said natural causes? what if the family accepted it.. would you still claiming murder because you read a 3 line report in the Sun?

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Yes, Money talks. Why did the son flee to BKK hours before mainland police arrived? Money talks Frank even murdering a police officer can be silenced with a backhander as the Red bull heir knows only too well.

is there proof of that or just hearsay from the woman from Samui Times?

how many times were the goalposts moved to fit the narrative?..... cctv him entering uni...'fake', DNA test in front of everyone.. 'fake', seems like no matter what he was guilty....and subsequent claims of a serial killer would meant the kid was about 4 when he did his first..:clap2:

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Why were two Burmese blamed and set up as fall guy's knowing full well who the perp was. 

who know 'full well' ?? nobody was there, it happened in the early house on a sunday/monday in a very secluded spot, that end of the beach is very dark n quiet.
do you think those high ups in the country would allow all that bad media coverage of scapegoats,  etc to go on or just say 'no', the kid did it!
 it doesn't sound very plausible if you think logically.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

who know 'full well' ?? nobody was there, it happened in the early house on a sunday/monday in a very secluded spot, that end of the beach is very dark n quiet.
do you think those high ups in the country would allow all that bad media coverage of scapegoats,  etc to go on or just say 'no', the kid did it!
 it doesn't sound very plausible if you think logically.  

Someone have tried to protect the red bull ear, but the case have to much evidence and the case is highly profiled, but still he is on the run with help from his family.

However in the cases from Koh Tao, no one can know what really happend, and the more sure you are about knowing something you can now anything about, the bigger idiot you are. Generally spoken!

• Like 1

Or placed in the bed to look like natural causes case solved. i also remember the drug torture inficted by Joe Ferrari and his goons who put a bag over his head and taped it with tape suffocating him. At the hospital, a doctor was paid to say his death was not caused by suffocation. This is how far money goes Frank, or will you deny this.

Edited by BarraMarra

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Or placed in the bed to look like natural causes case solved. i also remember the drug torture inficted by Joe Ferrari and his goons who put a bag over his head and taped it with tape suffocating him. At the hospital, a doctor was paid to say his death was not caused by suffocation. This is how far money goes Frank, or will you deny this.

so how was he killed then?  what motive do you have...P.S, i knew Neil for 10 years, so do tell me all you know!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, frank83628 said:

still, none of those got the international media coverage the 2014 murders got. You really think those high up would let it go that far.? i dont!

I have thought the same, time Thailand acted. But it usually takes them a few good prompts.... As far as they are concerned the 2014 murders were solved and people imprisoned. 

Screenshot_2023-01-27-08-57-40-24.thumb.jpg.f9ec98478a5f2e5e1c4f72c2318dcd0f.jpg

15 hours ago, frank83628 said:

That was Sairee beach where the AC bar is located. Where Dave and Hana were partying and last seen. Also in that bar that night were the connected thai locals. These facts seem to be overlooked. In my opinion this was not some random attack at all. These local lowlifes were probably hitting up/harassing the girl. So Dave notices this and steps in to stop the harassment. Of course upsetting the lowlifes. They were followed out of the bar and attacked.  So a normal tourist there should have no problems at all. But opening up a dive shop ?? Or going into a bar where thai males are drinking??  I visited there and had no problems at all. The most dangerous thing was the gangplank boarding the ferry in Chumphon. It was narrow and about 10 meters elevated with no handrails or rope to hold on to.

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

Ben Perrin had an article published in the BIRMINGHAM MAIL on 29 January 2023 about the deaths of both Neil Giblin (48) and Ian Jacobs (35) who was found with a broken neck just two weeks after arriving on Koh Tao in January 2000. Ian’s death was dismissed by the Royal Thai Police as an “accident.” Nothing much has changed on Koh Tao.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/new-death-island-tragedy-stirs-26069528.amp

08BAA5C6-5C67-4855-BA24-FA2B34E6ABA4.png

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's your agenda? are you based on koh tao?

I know all about him, a guy that has never ever stepped foot on Island, yet claims to know so much, purposely omits facts from his stories, along with S buchanan...... you asked my agernda..NONE, ...how about book sales... which is hers and promoted by him!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

I know all about him, a guy that has never ever stepped foot on Island, yet claims to know so much, purposely omits facts from his stories, along with S buchanan...... you asked my agernda..NONE, ...how about book sales... which is hers and promoted by him!!

Are you based on Koh Tao?

• Thumbs Up 1