Pattaya Municipal Officials Clean Soi Six Of Illegal Chairs and Signs

snoop1130

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They will all be back by next week ...

regards worgeordie

I suspected the next hour......

They certainly have a point... not much of a thoroughfare at most times of day. 

Soi 6 is a survivor though... still there despite the encroachment of a more base Pattaya from the North.  

Edited by jacko45k

17 minutes ago, JayClay said:

If it ever does happen, I hope I'm in your establishment to see just how well your performance of bravado goes.

Yes, most folks stay stum when confronted with armed police... especially a foreigner who owns the business. 

• Like 1

No. The owners do not own or have any rights to the sidewalk or road in front of their shops, however as we all know this still never stops them from blocking them   If I see a chair or anything on the pavement trying to block parking I just move it away. A bit more difficult to clear the sidewalks with the signs, motorbikes and food carts. I don’t understand why the police don’t enforce this. Seems like an easy way to make a bit of side cash. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I doubt a single tourist complained at all.

How would a tourist know what was allowed and what wasn't.

Simply an excuse for a clean up, as a earlier poster suggested it will all return sooner rather than later.

The complaint came from a ruddy great big, double decker coach loaded with Thais trying to get through to Beach Road!

5 hours ago, stoner said:

what jet ski scam ? ????

For reference:-

The Thai jet ski scam is actually quite a simple one. A foreigner rents a jet ski in Pattaya or Phuket for an hour or two and goes off to have fun. When he returns the jet ski, the owner tells him it now has damage on it that it didn’t have before he rented it, and will often even produce photographs to prove it.............the photographs have been photoshopped while the poor unsuspecting tourist is off having fun on his jet ski but now the Thai owner wants 40,000 baht ($1,300) to pay for the cost of the damage.........this is often done in an intimidating manner and with a group of Thai men hanging around looking threatening................ simply pay up just to avoid being harassed or threatened........................

https://tastythailand.com/do-not-rent-jet-skis-in-thailand-its-famous-for-jet-ski-scams/#:~:text=The Thai jet ski scam,produce photographs to prove it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Thai men hanging around looking threatening

wrong. and i can't believe you actually bought into that. whats a jet ski scam ? hahaha 

in fact a few weeks ago i was in patong and tried to listen to them as they were working. they were not speaking thai. i'm quite alright with thai and learned to speak thai in the south. there should of been no reason i didn't understand them. i wonder what language they were speaking as none of it made any sense. my bet is burmese. migrant workers. 

then i was in pattaya last weekend with an american friend new to thailand and i kid you not it happened right in front of us on beach road. some unsuspecting drunken beer belly fools getting taken for some bahts. 

On 1/26/2023 at 6:30 AM, hotchilli said:

Shop operators do not own the road.

They think they do.  The Indian restaurant at the top of soi 6 objected to me parking there (whilst I was doing research for my new book).  Likewise I had an altercation with a vet opposite Tops on Kao Noi; there are videos of him on Youtube. I've had a piece of wood with a protruding nail placed under my wheel for parking on 2nd road.