My husband of 48 years keeps disappearing to Thailand and sending hundreds of pounds there every month - but when I question him he says it's 'none of my business'

webfact

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are two sides to every story. Personally, I don't understand why he wouldn't just get a divorce. But, it is very possible he has not had sex at home in years. And there could be multiple issues. She would be smart to just let him do his thing. 

Maybe smarter to secure the shared assets, house money etc... before he gives it away to the girls in Thailand.

We all know how the men get seduced in Thailand and then lose everything. Next we will hear a call from a man who has been married for 48 years complaining that he went to Thailand as often as he could, leaving his 70 year old wife at home and now he has lost everything to a 20 year old girl. He has nothing now and is living off his poor pension in the UK 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

IMO, this is a made up story just to fill column inches in newspapers and neither him, his wife or a gf exist .

Like who goes to Thailand regularly on Wednesdays ???? ?

I reckon that this is a made up story 

Some go shopping every Wednesday. Some go to Thailand every Wednesday. Some even combine the two every Wednesday.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the number of men that have had their lives destroyed by wives, are we supposed to sympathise with her?

So because you have suffered, it is ok for her to suffer to? 

Two wrong doesnt make one right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

On Tuesday she should ask hubby to drop her off at the airport. She is flying to Gambia to take golf lessons. Then start sending honey there to pay for her lessons.

Then put a picture of her instructor on the bedroom wall. An athletic looking Gambian man with bulges in all the right places. Any questions ? None of hubbys business. .

Well, she could at least coordinate her departure day with his - save on the taxi expenses. No need to carry any golf gear - Gambian God has a club and some balls.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'll take a wild guess here, he's donating this money to the poor and needy of Thailand and engaged in charity work in Pattaya waling street. 

Thanks, I think you've nailed it! I was baffled as to what the explanation could possibly be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This guy in  the story is being probably being unfaithful and spending money on prostitutes.

The guy in the story is at fault , not his Wife

I thought about blocking your posts. But from time to time, they are so funny. Thanks! 

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'll take a wild guess here, he's donating this money to the poor and needy of Thailand and engaged in charity work in Pattaya waling street. 

Or assisting with the upkeep of a herd of sick buffalos. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's not all roses for him either, likely the thai girl has more than one "boyfriend" and of course it's based on money, more of an employee than a girlfriend. The perfect scenario for her, a boyfriend who lives abroad

Is that all in that article? Amazing!

• Like 2

There 2 sides to every scenario and without knowing the facts how can we positively comment. Sure he has got some Thai chick on the go so its fairly certain there's no "go" at home! He's probably at bit naughty but again we dont know the facts and sadly the old girl maybe getting a rough deal. She has a house and is most likely well looked after so maybe she should just get on with what she has left of her life and enjoy what she can while she can. 

• Like 2

He met Buriram Noi in the Pink Pussy bar and believes he saved her from a life of prostitution. 

I feel sorry for his wife, and grandkids. I've known a few pensioners who have been disowned by their families. Sad, as in the twilight years, one should be renunciating, not fooling around with Buriram Noi.

29 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

Why be a doormat? Secure everything and divorce him, he has no respect for her even after 48 years.

Revenge? What new beginning is a 70 woman going to make? She has a home and apparently he is there most of the time, arranging herself with the new situation is probably more advantages, by accepting the status quo she could make her own life within this framework. His fling isn't going to last that long anyway at his age when he realizes he is just being used, there is no fool like an old fool.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:
31 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Yikes, cleaver guy.

She's scary.

The caller was anonymous....  So perhaps read the article properly or use some logic.  

So, Freddy, are you saying Deidre looks better than Julie?

You're scary too with your rediculous comments.

image.jpeg.7e59f6b4f2910e19a8a3bc4a9d9fbab5.jpeg

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He met Buriram Noi in the Pink Pussy bar and believes he saved her from a life of prostitution. 

I feel sorry for his wife, and grandkids. I've known a few pensioners who have been disowned by their families. Sad, as in the twilight years, one should be renunciating, not fooling around with Buriram Noi.

IMHO in your twilight years you should be enjoying yourself anyway you like (within the law of course).

• Like 1