7,600 Russian Tourists Seek Extension of Stay in Phuket Amid Tourism Boom

webfact

4 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

I'm split on this,

First, I don't think any country shouls allow Russians to go there now because of the war they started in Ukraine. The Russians needs to be tough and protest from within Russia.

Second, I also believe that Russians should be allowed asylum when refusing to participate in Russias invasion into Ukraine.

So, that would mean any Russian that are refusing to be a soldier and those who protest, should be welcomed with open arms as refugees.

So, just being a lazy Russian tourist, and not taking responsibility for their country is just bad.

snowflakes

5 minutes ago, paulikens said:

How are they getting 90 days then?   As far as i know an extension is 45 days these days

ED VISA CONDITIONS

2.1 ED Visa is valid for a single entry for education purposes only. 2.2 ED Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry.

4 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, it has been quite easy to buy an ED visa in Phuket (more easy than in Pattaya).

This criminal practice should be stopped finally. No-one of those so called "students" are attending the classes.

This is a huge source of income for "visa agents" and corrupt immigration officers!

Correct, but it doesn't look like its going to end soon, in fact quite the opposite? Maybe when their money runs out?

15 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

his is a huge source of income for "visa agents" and corrupt immigration officers!

Didn't that Tim at TNT news about Phuket always say that building a business based on a refugee crisis is not sustainable? There again sustainable is anathema for most of these bucket shop businesses.

enterprising Russians have set up language & Muay Thai schools for their countrymen and know friendly immigration officers>
same as the Chinese did ( and were caught out) 

90 days is also easy tourist visa plus 30 day extension, visa run an repeat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

"To escape the winter season"..........................:guitar:............................:violin:.............:smile:

I guess SOMEONE has to 'splain this to you - many are seeking to escape persecution and death because of the Ukraine war, or do you not read anything besides aseannow? I'm sure that is not what they tell immigration or news writers. I've heard it straight from the Russians themselves. So I'd say they're entitled to a symphony orchestra full of violins. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1