100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

On 3/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, Gecko123 said:

Whole-heartedly applaud and support "Big Joke's" efforts in this endeavor, as should we all. Corruption in immigration offices is not a victimless crime. When people pay money to circumvent the law, those who abide by the law and follow the rules often end up being treated like second- and third-class customers because we provide no supplementary financial incentives to receive service. The same is true for those who use agents in order to circumvent bank deposit requirements. Again, this is not a harmless and victimless crime. 

Do you really feel like a victim because you don't use agents? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, novacova said:

As stated above.
Comprehension reading level of many here is very poor. Presupposes? 

What’s with posters as above? Why do they come off as angry old cantankerous grouches and lack the ability to make a point with civility. Nothing better to do? Lack mental hygiene? Upsetting isn’t it?????????????

I have no problem with people quoting me,  I'm at a loss to understand why somebody would attribute one of their own quotes to me 

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

There’s no telling what Big Jok has his sights on

I did not write that , it was you , As part of your strangely motivated attempt to scaremonger.  As for the rest of your post I am at a loss to understand any of it,  have you been drinking ?  

• Thumbs Up 2

This is actually brilliant. Transfer 116 IO's or whatever. Now when these positions are filled again and these 116 positions will most likely if not certainly require a handsome fee to be paid. This could be a huge payday for the higher ups who share the loot.

• Love It 1

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet to use an agent to help you obtain the said visa or extension of stay when you don't have the necessary information and requirements is illegal and aids in the corruption.

Many who do this may well be unaware that they participate in some illegal scheme and corruption.... there is victim blaming going on here, when the corruption persists within the 4 walls on soi 5, the undersized walls of soi 5 at that. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I have no problem with people quoting me,  I'm at a loss to understand why somebody would attribute one of their own quotes to me 

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

There’s no telling what Big Jok has his sights on

I did not write that , it was you , As part of your strangely motivated attempt to scaremonger.  As for the rest of your post I am at a loss to understand any of it,  have you been drinking ?  

Delusional and incapable of empirical thought not to mention challenged reading comprehension ????????

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So what brought you to Thailand then , the temples?  ????   

It’s individuals such as this that come here for the wrong reasons. Only one debased thought in mind and a warped view towards women that ultimately tends to treat women here like trash. Though the real trash are the ones that come here with such intent and maybe they happen to be the majority that skirt the law. So do I care what happens to these types? No, not one bit, I can care less. If someone gets caught up in a failed visa situation from working with an agent, then fine and no pity from this camp because it’s solely on them, their responsibility 100%, aware of the risks or not. And if what is said here gets in the crawl of anyone here, then good, because that affect brings a warm glowing feeling. So please say some more ????????????

Edited by novacova
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, proton said:

Strange to think bribery and corruption are illegal? that's a strange attitude. People getting bent extensions are always trying convince themselves and the rest of us what they do is legal, when it's clearly not, and that just because it's been going on for years that makes it ok and that it will never change. They have stopped people cheating the system in the past, such as fake visa runs involving agents and IO's stamping passports when they should not have for a fee. Those with extensions obtained by bribery thinking it will go on forever are being optimistic.

Many benefits for the Thai economy from the present system . Nothing lasts for ever but you could say big joke will be gone before any changes are made to the present agent , immigration relationship . 

No prosecutions then the present system is legal . 

Visa runs are something that needs to be changed . Covid got them to change that system , a pity they reverted back to making there bread and butter running all over the place to stay longer in Thailand .

• Sad 1

An off topic post has been removed:

100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Do you know many of them? 

I used to be a bit negative about using agents, particularly to bypass the regulations, Struck me as staying here based in a dishonest claim. I had a change of heart and see agents as facilitators..... immigration in Jomtien is under resourced, and I regard the way they treat their clients as borderline disdain.. making them queue out into the street in hot weather, many of them elderly. I now pay an agent to bypass the queues.

I don't see why you regard people who live here, as opposed to the groups who come here for quick casual sex as more of an issue. Most are reasonable that I know, living out autumn years in a nicer climate where a better life can be had. 

Jomtien is a walk in the park compared to Chaeng Wattana/Laksi in Bangkok. I used Jomtien twice when I lived in Patts, but most of my time was spent in Bangkok.

I would say on average it took 30 minutes in Jomtien, and 2 hours at CW. I think it's just down to the sheer volume of people that use the Bangkok office.

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Many benefits for the Thai economy from the present system . Nothing lasts for ever but you could say big joke will be gone before any changes are made to the present agent , immigration relationship . 

No prosecutions then the present system is legal . 

Visa runs are something that needs to be changed . Covid got them to change that system , a pity they reverted back to making there bread and butter running all over the place to stay longer in Thailand .

What benefits are there from the present (illegal) system? apart to the leeching agents and criminal officers? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, itsari said:

Mocked?

His main worry is being sacked again I would think.

Don't see much chance of him being sacked again, I would say he has the blessing from the correct source ensuring his position is more than safe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Don't see much chance of him being sacked again, I would say he has the blessing from the correct source ensuring his position is more than safe. 

Depends on the election results of course .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Immigration officers would not have to issue fake visas.

With respect, surely these visas are genuine and not fake? If they were fake, then wouldn't they be detected at Immigration desks when entering/leaving Thailand? I used agents, including a friendly local IO, for my annual retirement extensions over several years and I was never stopped during my numerous visits to neighboring countries and the UK. The rubber stamp visa in my passport was no different from any other - agent or no agent!

• Thanks 1